Race start problem

My issue is that at the start of a race I can't select first gear until after the lights go out. By the time I get into first gear the field have left me behind. This is a new problem that has just started. I have tried various things to fix the problem with no success. I tried validating files in Steam, no help. I recently tried using the paid version of Content Manager and the problem has started since then. I don't know if CM is the problem or not. Another odd issue is that when I use Logitech Profiler now to start Assetto Corsa it doesn't launch into the main menu it launches straight into what ever the last session that I was using in CM. Whether it be a race or practice etc. Same track same car. Very puzzling. If anybody has any thoughts I'd love to hear them. By the way I am running a Logitech G27. Thanks in advance.

There are in fact many strange behaviours in your game it seems.

First of all, starting AC with Logitech Profiler is not a good idea .... as Assetto Corsa has its launcher ( with a separate exe ) ....
If you launch immediately the acs.exe ..... you cannot prepare your next session, as it has to be done in AC launcher or Content Manager ... so of course you have the same track with the same car and the same session as the previous one.
NB: I'm using a G27 wheel, but CSP V2 pedals and TH8 shifter. ( + the G27 shifter I kept working for the 8 buttons and pod it offers ;) ).

I'm not using the original launcher for a long time now as Content Manager offers many advantages.
Where did you install Content Manager ? .... I already heard that installing it in Assetto Corsa main folder is not the best decision to make.
It may be installed anywhere on PC .... as long as it knows the path for the main AC folder.
NB: always using CM and avoid changing with the original launcher.

My issue is that at the start of a race I can't select first gear until after the lights go out
Very strange also as this only happened with an older AC version ! :confused:

If I were you I'd better uninstall everything and create a totally new install.
But think first of saving or renaming your Documents/Assetto Corsa folder ... in order to create a brand new one and be able afterwards to keep your controllers settings, replays and setups.... so you may copy them in the future new Documents/Assetto Corsa folder.

It really looks like there's a big problem in your install. :(

CM isn't installed in the AC folder it is in a seperate folder. I've never had any problems in the past launching the game with Logic Profiler. Thanks for your help. I've considered the option of renaming my current docs folder and trying a new install.

My issue is that at the start of a race I can't select first gear until after the lights go out. By the time I get into first gear the field have left me behind.

This is not a fault of your installation, it is an ingame setting.
If you have jump start penalties set to none, you cannot engage first gear.
Instead, set penalty to 'pits' or 'drivethrough', and you will then be able to engage first gear before the lights go out.

Another odd issue is that when I use Logitech Profiler now to start Assetto Corsa it doesn't launch into the main menu it launches straight into what ever the last session that I was using in CM.

I'm not getting this trouble, but I do find the controls can be easily upset in AC.
I also use CM, and I have to use Logitech Profiler to activate the 900 degree rotation.
What I do, is, before starting CM, I open profiler, then I immediately close it. (It remains activated in the taskbar hidden icons). Then I open CM, and it works ok.

Also, if I have pugged or unplugged any devices, I go straight to the controls section in CM and click on my preferred controls preset to make sure it is re-activated.

Sorry Hilts, I didn't know that "engage gear" before the lights was not working with Jump Start Penalties on "none" .... as I always use the "Drive Through" penalty both offline and on the league servers I'm mostly driving on.

So, now ... right ... your problem may simply be solved by modifying your settings.

This is not a fault of your installation, it is an ingame setting.
If you have jump start penalties set to none, you cannot engage first gear.
Instead, set penalty to 'pits' or 'drivethrough', and you will then be able to engage first gear before the lights go out.
Thanks Keith. You were right it was an in game setting. Changed jump start penalty to drive thru and am now good to go.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 404 40.1%