I would gladly help organizing EU AMS races and some PCARS2 events too if you are interested.

Pcars2 never really worked here, although it would be nice to see its return ..The sim/game has plenty of bugs but I actually like it, you just have to use the right cars. AMS does ok, you should get a half decent grid size, although this is a bad time of year coming into the hot weather, but we still have to march on forwards. AMS2 will be with us in the near future, I am sure that will do very well.

You should forward your application :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I did organize races for a few years every saturday, and we found its best to distribute the burden between several people, be it pre-race work like thread-creating, server-setting, to post-race work like marshalling-reviews, points-calculation, etc., etc.. It´s the little things that add up quickly, but it´s also those little things that make it more enjoyful for the participants, here the customers of RD.
If you do it good it eats away quite some time.
As Race-Department makes it necessary to pay to drive, it seems logical to pay the organizers out for their encouragement. (as an idea think of giving away a paid-mod of own choice for free)
Don´t get me wrong, nobody is going to expect to be a millionaire from organizing sim-races. ;) But a little bit more than a warm handshake should be expected to create a greater liability.
Professional organization does not come from enthusiasm alone, commitment is underpinned by responsibility, longetivity comes with duty. You do your job well, you can create a well-running, long-living league.
You do it as a hobby, you will find that it can eat up your passion, and drives away people.
I really hope RD could create much bigger numbers in their club&league-evevnts, compared to the throughput of people visiting the site its rather a small active racing crowd, dont you agree ?
Cheers!

i feel people think hosting servers, team speak domains and websites are free ? i bet racedepartments bill every year is more than what they get on premium memberships, or am i wrong ?

You do it as a hobby, you will find that it can eat up your passion, and drives away people.
Cheers!
Maybe it is the admin stuff around it that does that, I hosted for a few years, changing the server content every day or every other day and racing 3-5 days a week on the server and my enthusiasm didn't diminish, rather the server population did when SRS came along :roflmao: although there was Minorating for a lot of that which basically narrowed my job down to swapping content, coming up with new combos and answering the odd question.

Hey chaps,

Ok, everyone who has applied will have been emailed back by me now, and a private message convo setup between ourselves and the relevant other staff from the applied for club. Thank you for your applications.

We are still (and always) looking for applications for all the sims, especially ACC, so if anyone else is interested in giving a little time to the community and hosting events, please do feel free to throw down an application to the info@racedepartment.com email address.

We've got massive visitor numbers here, and we really want to get the race event offer right and regular to help provide somewhere fun and enjoyable for those visitors to come, and get online for some racing fun.

Again, due to some upcoming annual leave time from our ACC event hosts, Assetto Corsa Competizione club applicants from in particular the EU timezone and also US are especially welcomed!

Thanks,

Paul

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 115 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.7%