Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Obviously it's up to you to decided but how about having late afternoon with the sunset for qualy to be night time in the race or along those lines? I think that would be quite nice imo. But yeah, as long as we know what time each race is it's cool so we can practice in the correct conditions :)

image.jpg

project-cars-logo-02-520x380.jpg

2740582-story_header_1_1416490085.png

FNGTC FINAL STAND.png

Last edited:
Yea ive seen the ai all drive into the wall at full speed at oulton park after the host migrated I d pun and caught the show.funny as hell wayching one after another try their best to eject out the windshield. Lol thought I was playing stuntdriver darts.and this track is way more dif. Than any orher game I agree. So far im at 126.44 but that was a wuick few laps this morning before work..prob had a better lap but I like to drive in the gravel on the first turn and invalidate my lap....just how I roll.lol

I ran a few more laps today.. It takes about 10 or so to get a rhythm going. I found it is very easy to overdrive this track. That's what makes this track so hard. You have to find the perfect balance between aggression vs. patience and a **** load of precision.
If you watch that video at the top of the Page, that guy runs a 1:24.9 in his video. And the lap doesn't look that fast. You just really have to hit your marks and sort of wait on the throttle in some of the corners.

Last edited:
I ran a few more laps today.. It takes about 10 or so to get a rhythm going. I found it is very easy to overdrive this track. That's what makes this track so hard. You have to find the perfect balance between aggression vs. patience and a **** load of precision.
If you watch that video at the top of the Page, that guy runs a 1:24.9 in his video. And the lap doesn't look that fast. You just really have to hit your marks and sort of wait on the throttle in some of the corners.

Yea, I'd have to agree. Very different and enlightening why so many love this track to death. I loved it before but this just makes it that much better. It suits me, but like you said, it's dangerous scanned. lol. It's almost like two tracks in one. A high speed short oval like Richmond and a twisty natural mountain road, like Road Atlanta or Watkins Glen. How could you not love that combination. Yea, I noticed that too Mike, in the video. I think the shifter allows you to go a bit faster, but it is his smoothness that stood out to me too. Lots of laps on this one, I bet. And the PC doesn't hurt. lol.

Obviously it's up to you to decided but how about having late afternoon with the sunset for qualy to be night time in the race or along those lines? I think that would be quite nice imo. But yeah, as long as we know what time each race is it's cool so we can practice in the correct conditions :)
not a problem when I next get a chance to speak to @Andrew Holmes maybe tonight? I shall put across everything and we shall make the in race times for the calendar Stay Tuned

I noticed in the video the shifter lets u downshift from 6 to 4 while coasting with clutch for a sec.. .no possible with paddel shifter as the clutch button might as well be an ebrake.I can see how that would improve overall smoothness..guess its time to save up for the t3 pa and shifter!

Reactions: Rob
And I got it down to a 125.27 last nite all the while changing the setup...speed is great butim thinking the winner will be who ever can stay out off the dirt here ..alot of turns here where I was turning in blind and hoping the tires would hold me off the curbs/ ramps.the dirst and last turns are whats getting me.

Blimey been missing out here, not getting any notification of these discussions any more it seems :rolleyes:

Lack of practice so far and not managed to turn a single lap. Was planning on some track time tonight but now the daughter is on a sleepover with one of her friends so me and the missus or going to take the opportunity to get out for a meal. I'll try to get on for the 30 minutes practice pre-race and that'll have to be my lot so give the ol' Aston a wide berth:cautious:. Default setup again for me.

Yea, I'd have to agree. Very different and enlightening why so many love this track to death. I loved it before but this just makes it that much better. It suits me, but like you said, it's dangerous scanned. lol. It's almost like two tracks in one. A high speed short oval like Richmond and a twisty natural mountain road, like Road Atlanta or Watkins Glen. How could you not love that combination. Yea, I noticed that too Mike, in the video. I think the shifter allows you to go a bit faster, but it is his smoothness that stood out to me too. Lots of laps on this one, I bet. And the PC doesn't hurt. lol.
Yeah this track is one of the best ever, loved it in Race Pro, the classics in 2013 and now again in pCars. Its at it's best in the open wheelers imo.. you can almost feel the wind in your hair lol

I've been to the track twice to watch bike races and I can pretty much pick out the places I was standing \ sitting to watch the races :thumbsup:

SIGN-UP
We want you! If you are fast, a good racer and have a PlayStation 4 and Project CARS. Below is the sign-up sheet and the list of names that are already signed up for the RaceDepartment Friday Night GT Series. Remember there are only 16 places in the league, however if these 16 are filled you guys can sign-up as a reserve driver. Or, if there are enough people, we could create an extra division for the guys and girls who weren’t quick enough to grab one of the original 16 seats! Remember, it is a first-come-first-serve basis for seats! Below is how to sign-up!

Wait! Just before you sign-up, remember that this league will be made up of two car teams, and with 8 eligible standard game cars, one car will be allocated to one team and one team only. Therefore, if the first team to get together want the Mercedes-Benz AMG GT3, no other team can use that car. If there are two players who have the Racing Icons car pack and want to team up to use the Bentley Continental GT3, then this will replace the unused standard car. There has been a change in regulations regarding teams and drivers; teams can be made up of two cars, but they do not have to be the same car; therefore teams can have a BMW Z4 GT3 and Aston Martin Vantage GT3 in the same team for example. But one car can only be used four times up and down the grid, so only four drivers can use a BMW Z4 GT3 for example. This means that there will be a team's championship, but no constructors championship.

New sign-ups will have to join a mandatory test event with at least 2 experienced drivers to test for ability and clean racing ability before being granted a seat. This means that on a given date before the first event, the signed up drivers will be put into one lobby for evaluation.
Full Name:*
PSN ID:*

If you have any other queries, please contact myself, @Adam Morris or @Ben Milden!

Race Seats [8/16]
Andrew Holmes (AMH_Racing)
Ben Milden (MildenMan27)
Adam Morris (RDF1-AdamMorris)
Andy Graham (tigerkart_22)
Gareth Williams (Gazer123)
Adel Elsayed (Mysticn727)
Joseph Khan (BLADEOFWAR)
Thomas While (tomboro15)

Reserve Seats [3/4]
Lance Loomis (lanceracer66)
Darren Holmes (dazholmes)