Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Ahh well. Will find out soon enough

About to prove to you that I run no assists. I don't know why you're so adamant that my settings are lying to me, but I will show you soon

Why don't you try a different host for your next game btw? Was going to suggest it last race. Might make a slight difference

Not really... and I like our Host just fine... Been racing with Robert for well over a year now. Rules were clearly stated in the sign up, If you can't say something nice.. try not to say anything at all..Sorry if you think I'm rash, but your comments seem a bit disrespectful, and I'm not in the mood to hear someone new coming into the League trying to dictate changes.
Perhaps your game is broken, I have my assists turned off, and yet I can still move my wheel slip % back and forth, but it does nothing on my BMW M1 Procar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob

Spot the difference.

Both videos forced real assists in multiplayer lobby
First bit set to real assists in my game options
Second clip set to no assists in my game options

I can spot a difference. You are probably faster w/o TC if you can control the slide. It's really on worn tires and rain where you would get hammered. When dry, my GP3 car sticks every bit as good as my GT3 car.

Peter, I never questioned your assertion that you don't have assists because yours settings have them off. But others have a different experience. I'm sure if Michael found that he had none in GT3, he would simply set them to "real" before races. That's were mine are now in my settings, and I have no assists in the Procar or the GP3 car.

P.S. - Thanks @Michael Watts, I have had nothing but a great time racing with you too, and we have had many stable races when the chosen game isn't broken.

Brands Hatch GP Circuit
British GT Championship

8/1/2015 @ 10:00pm BST; 5:00pm U.S. EDT
Practice: 9:30pm BST (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 10:00pm BST (10 minutes)
Warmup: 10:10pm BST (5 minutes)
Race: 10:15pm BST (31 laps, including formation lap)
_________________________​
Actual Series: Fastest Qualifying Lap 2014 = Porsche 997 GT3 R - 01:25.257
Day: SATURDAY
Time: 5:00pm U.S. Eastern; 10:00pm BST (start of qualification)
Damage: ON
Mechanical Failures: ON
Tire Wear: REAL
Fuel Usage: NORMAL
Flags and Penalties: ON
Auto Start Engine: YES
Assists: SET TO "REAL" / COCKPIT OR HELMET MANDATORY
Weather: Medium Cloud (http://www.weather.com/weather/today/l/UKXX8984:1:UK)
Time Progression: 2x
Practice Lobby to open 30 minutes before qualifying @ 4:30 USEDT, followed by a 10 minute qualifying session, 5 minute warmup session and then the race.

Drivers Signed Up:
1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Ruf RGT-8 GT3 #11
2. Peter Hooper \ Hammerpgh \ Aston Martin Vantage #65
3. Daniel Smissen/DANDAN140787/Mclaren GT3 #__
4. Michael Watts/ Michaei Watts/ BMW Z4 GT3 #82
5. Eric Cline/ McNasty0421/bmw z4 #83
6. Andrew Adamson /GT: beetesjuice/ Bentley Continental GT3 #7
7. Damon Harris \ OcR Ceaser \ Aston Martin Vantage GT3 #__
8. Railer Cantrell / / HRH 5 Racing / Ruf RGT-8 GT3 #9
9. Marc DeGras / BRAKEN99 / Bentley Continental GT3 #08

NOTES:
1. For shorter than one hour, no pit stop is required.

2. Due to loss of force feedback on some wheels, starts will be rolling, but the first lap speed is 50mph maximum so drivers may reset their wheels, if necessary. We will then line up in the same order we started and the race will start (drivers may accelerate and pass) when the pole sitter crosses the start/finish line.

3. All League and Race Department Rules apply, with the stewards able to issue penalties even though no protest was filed. Please record your races and make them available via Twitch or YouTube.

4. There will be no breaks in between sessions, so be sure to take your break before qualifying if needed.

Championship points
The Avon Tyres British GT Championship awards points as follows in the GT3 class:

Races of one hour or less (including each race in a double header):
1st 25, 2nd 18, 3rd 15, 4th 12, 5th 10, 6th 8, 7th 6, 8th 4, 9th 2, 10th 1.

For races of two hours or less, points and a half are awarded:
1st 37.5, 2nd 27, 3rd 22.5, 4th 18, 5th 15, 6th 12, 7th 9, 8th 6, 9th 3, 10th 1.5.

NOTE: Any driver who is involuntarily disconnects during the first half of the race will receive 25% of your points for the place you were in when you got involuntarily disconnected. If the involuntary disconnection occurs within the second half of the race, 50% points will be awarded for the place you were in when you got involuntarily disconnected.

Last edited:
Not really... and I like our Host just fine... Been racing with Robert for well over a year now. Rules were clearly stated in the sign up, If you can't say something nice.. try not to say anything at all..Sorry if you think I'm rash, but your comments seem a bit disrespectful, and I'm not in the mood to hear someone new coming into the League trying to dictate changes.
Perhaps your game is broken, I have my assists turned off, and yet I can still move my wheel slip % back and forth, but it does nothing on my BMW M1 Procar.

I'm not someone new. I've been racing with these guys since F1 2011. Riffing ideas is not something new. I'm sure you guys lobbied him heavily to get your blessed assists before it started
I'm not entirely sure what you find disrespectful. I've already said I'm not going run with you assist lads, but you persisted to try convincing me that my assists are turned on. All I did was show you that contrary to your beliefs, my assists are turned off.
Of course my game is broke. Haha, priceless. If you look at my speedo, on the first clip you'll see my abs and tcs going mad.. Then I reverted back to my normal setup where there clearly is no abs or tcs working and the car felt completely different. I was slower, but I only did two laps with tcs. Couldn't get to grips with how much later I could brake, so I quit and put the normal settings back

I can spot a difference. You are probably faster w/o TC if you can control the slide. It's really on worn tires and rain where you would get hammered. When dry, my GP3 car sticks every bit as good as my GT3 car.

Peter, I never questioned your assertion that you don't have assists because yours settings have them off. But others have a different experience. I'm sure if Michael found that he had none in GT3, he would simply set them to "real" before races. That's were mine are now in my settings, and I have no assists in the Procar or the GP3 car.

P.S. - Thanks @Michael Watts, I have had nothing but a great time racing with you too, and we have had many stable races when the chosen game isn't broken.

My car is set up for no assists, so it stands to reason I cant just slap abs and tcs on and be quicker. I'd have to run a completely different setup really to gain the benefits.
So if you run the same test as me, you're saying your abs and tcs are going mental regardless of your game settings? I really struggle to accept that my game, and Peter Hoopers game is different to everyone else's. Have fun anyway.. Hopefully we can set up some fun races some time until f1 gets sorted.

I'm sure you guys lobbied him heavily to get your blessed assists before it started

Actually no they didn't. Most were skeptical, and I include myself, but pCARS is a far superior SIM physics-wise, in my opinion, so they understand the difference between racing assists and console trickery. We had this discussion at the start.

Real is real, no matter how you slice it. But I get your aversion. Had this been any other game, or spec (outside of LeMans) there would have been no issue.

My car is set up for no assists, so it stands to reason I cant just slap abs and tcs on and be quicker. I'd have to run a completely different setup really to gain the benefits.
So if you run the same test as me, you're saying your abs and tcs are going mental regardless of your game settings? I really struggle to accept that my game, and Peter Hoopers game is different to everyone else's. Have fun anyway.. Hopefully we can set up some fun races some time until f1 gets sorted.

We do have GP3 on off weekends. No assists. :thumbsup:

So if you run the same test as me, you're saying your abs and tcs are going mental regardless of your game settings?

No I never said this. I said I believe you. I have never run your scenario, but you taught me something about the game. All I said was that when I set to "real" and the lobby is "none" I get no assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back