Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

For those interested I'll probably start up a Lobby around 4pm EST, 9pm London time. with a 60 min Practice. Just in-case someone is late... :whistling:

Might as well make it 90 mins. I'm sure everyone could use at least 90 mins to get the "feel" back. In fact, an even two hours will be great! Maybe also have a practice race too. That's crucial to good performance up until you get disconnected or lag spiked. :sneaky::laugh:

Yeah, I don't want to turn my ShitBox on until and hour before the race. I need to keep it nice and cool so I can minimize those chances of getting disco'ed.

I have actually copied you and put a fan (really an expensive air filer that is just right on "low" to hit the wheel and the box, and me a little) on my stuff. Seems to have helped the issue I was concerned about and that's what seemed like "belt-slip" if you raced too long. Not race breaking, but just starts to feel jittery around the turns. Didn't happen much, but almost felt like the motor or belt was getting stressed. Probably wrong, since the base is so solid, but the after market wheel does add weight and radium to the original, so it must stress it more.

Hey Mike, what do you think of the newly announced add on wheel? Looks like a carbon copy of ours, but with different "grip" for $100. lol. Funny thing is, I like our grip just fine.... The wheel may be bigger too, but to me that would be a drawback. I'm not in a Chevy.

Yeah, I'd like to keep one of those fans on me, as I stress sweat pretty good when I'm racing, but it interferes with my mic and people don't like that. Although with comms, I'm pretty much going to maintain radio silence unless I'm in traffic, as Party chat may or may-not work.
Yeah, I don't think the wheel is all that. I'd like to see something completely different come out before I'll drop any more cash on a new rim. I would consider the F1 rim if they could get all the buttons to function properly.
Looks like LMP1 is leading the other Tin-Top voting. Is that a Real or No Assists series? Just curious so I can start testing some of those. I know the Lotus F1 is straight up awesome without any assists.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Facepalmw.jpg
    Facepalmw.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 128
What's leading in the polls might not necessarily get picked but it will have a very strong influence on the outcome seems to be were all over the map here but yes you're right looks like the LMPs are a big girl favorite and the F1 cars are too so I will see which way we go but the F1 cars will have no assists in the Ellen Piekarz would definitely have a cyst because they do in the real world personally I would love to run a series of the next time without a cyst but that's just me

Is that new rim just like my tm leather wrap one but bigger? If so that stinks cause thats the only thing I would change about it..well that and make the buttons all work and color them right.lol we are running lmp1 at my other league for next season..granted theyuse assist but I would like to run the formula b here with no assist..only if we could bolt on turbos to the formula c.;)

Is that new rim just like my tm leather wrap one but bigger? If so that stinks cause thats the only thing I would change about it..well that and make the buttons all work and color them right.lol we are running lmp1 at my other league for next season..granted theyuse assist but I would like to run the formula b here with no assist..only if we could bolt on turbos to the formula c.;)

I thought those were turbo packs on the side. I'm sure Gustavo has one. Maybe not the rest...:redface:

Formula B. I thought about, but it's too close to IndyCar and it is a bit of a no man's land in terms of series' -- I mean it's supposed to be GP2, so really it's just F1 lite and we already have an F1 game. LMP2 is the class I'd run if we ran that kind of series. I remember back when the series was invented by Panos, some years the Penske LMP2 cars would beat the LMP1 cars for overall race wins. They were faster in the twisty bits. But Audi soon put a stop to that. lol. Plus they are open cockpit. You can barely see out of the LMP1 cars these days, and that's not sports car racing to me. But to each his own I guess. WEC seems to be the series de jour in Europe.

Thought about DTM too, as I love to watch that series, but those cars are really not GT cars. GT1 is more like it. Maybe a mixed GT1 and GTX series? Who knows. Everyone wants something different, but I'm sure whatever we run, it will be great on pCARS. I could literally drive a VW Golf around in that game and have a blast.

Ummm. Yea. You tell me. Which one is 30 cm in diameter vs. 28 cm in diameter; Hand-stitched wrapping crafted of the same Alcantara® as that used on Ferrari wheels - imported from Italy! vs.
Reinforced rubber texture on the wheel’s entire circumference w/ brushed metal central spokes; and Weighs 1.2 kg vs. Weighs 1.2 kg.
599xx_wheel_front.jpg

Thrustmaster-FerrariGTEWheelAdd-458_1.jpg

One cost $105, the other $180.

Oh yea, they have a third option that is the leather wrap that you talk about, but it is .2 kg lighter than either above, and the same size as the smaller one. Looking back, this would have been the one to go with for me, as I think the motor was not designed for a heavy wheel and endurance racing (even though it may well last anything you can throw at it due to the strength) and I like the smaller circumference, since I stopped driving a Chevy Impala a long time ago and the additional leverage is more work on the engine and throws settings off, such as Spade's.
Leather28GTw_face_small.jpg

$150 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back