Race Satsuma Mod

Plugins Race Satsuma Mod v2.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
And what exacly is bad done about it?
1. well the satsuma isn't a kit car, if you want it to have the kit-car vibe, then the HUD looks way too modern for it anyway, it should have a really simplistic black and white lcd, which would be correct for the time period.
2. the ecu's are way to new, a time correct ECU would be something like a MS1 or M800 ecu.
3. ABS can't be added by just installing an ECU, it should also need wheel speed sensors and an ABS pump, note: for that time it was more common seeing ABS just for the front brakes.
4. launch control would need wheel speed sensors too to work
5. cruise control should need a cruise control servo that actuates the throttle
6. 2-step should have a button, that has also a keybind shorcut like for example N2o has
7. ESP also needs wheel speed sensors to work, same with TCS
8. anti-lag is what's used intnesionally for turbocharged engine so the turbo keeps spooling,
on NA cars pops and bangs like them would just be called backfires, because that's what they are, anti-lag is just feature that intensionally makes the engine backfire (well that's just perhaps the wrong use of the word, but still). and the backfires are unrealistic, I would recommend you reading about flame speed, stoichiometry, backfires, auto-igntion temperture, engine knocking, and Adiabatic process on wiki. these all come into account when an engine backfires.
9. and what is this:
' Carb autoTune for ECO and Race (will adjust the rockershafts to the optimal value and then adjust the carb either best for fuel saving (lean) or best performance (rich) ',
HOW IS THAT REALISTIC????
ok if you would have an injection manifold that you can put on the engine (wink, wink), and convert it to fuel injection, all appart from the camshaft would work, but cam lift?, idk maybe you can make a VTEC kit for pushrod datsun engines in the game.
don't know why you didn't make it so it would adjust ignition timing automatically, since that would actually be realistic, a lot disturbitors even do this from the factory, use a vacuum actuator to advance the points
10. you put your name all over your mods, the brand for everything is DonnerRacingTech or whatever, everything has donner in the name of it. but to each his own I guess.

ok I forgive reasons 3, 4, 5 and half of reason 9. because my mod doesn't have any 3d models at all (am trying to change that).
and ok I'll forgive reason 8 since neither did I go trough all of those calculations and algebra for the backfires, but I did at least try to make them more realistic and not just doing
`if revlimiterTriggered and rpm > 4000,
triggerbackfire after 0.1seconds
`
my code goes trough flow calculations and I thought it should work, until I read about backfires and stuff when I found out, I was doing it wrong. but I am currently fixing that or making it better to be exact

but yeah that's why I don't like it, it isn't like it's the first time anyone has complained about the unrealism in that mod.

Last edited:
1. well the satsuma isn't a kit car, if you want it to have the kit-car vibe, then the HUD looks way too modern for it anyway, it should have a really simplistic black and white lcd, which would be correct for the time period.
2. the ecu's are way to new, a time correct ECU would be something like a MS1 or M800 ecu.
3. ABS can't be added by just installing an ECU, it should also need wheel speed sensors and an ABS pump, note: for that time it was more common seeing ABS just for the front brakes.
4. launch control would need wheel speed sensors too to work
5. cruise control should need a cruise control servo that actuates the throttle
6. 2-step should have a button, that has also a keybind shorcut like for example N2o has
7. ESP also needs wheel speed sensors to work, same with TCS
8. anti-lag is what's used intnesionally for turbocharged engine so the turbo keeps spooling,
on NA cars pops and bangs like them would just be called backfires, because that's what they are, anti-lag is just feature that intensionally makes the engine backfire (well that's just perhaps the wrong use of the word, but still). and the backfires are unrealistic, I would recommend you reading about flame speed, stoichiometry, backfires, auto-igntion temperture, engine knocking, and Adiabatic process on wiki. these all come into account when an engine backfires.
9. and what is this:
' Carb autoTune for ECO and Race (will adjust the rockershafts to the optimal value and then adjust the carb either best for fuel saving (lean) or best performance (rich) ',
HOW IS THAT REALISTIC????
ok if you would have an injection manifold that you can put on the engine (wink, wink), and convert it to fuel injection, all appart from the camshaft would work, but cam lift?, idk maybe you can make a VTEC kit for pushrod datsun engines in the game.
don't know why you didn't make it so it would adjust ignition timing automatically, since that would actually be realistic, a lot disturbitors even do this from the factory, use a vacuum actuator to advance the points
10. you put your name all over your mods, the brand for everything is DonnerRacingTech or whatever, everything has donner in the name of it. but to each his own I guess.

ok I forgive reasons 3, 4, 5 and half of reason 9. because my mod doesn't have any 3d models at all (am trying to change that).
and ok I'll forgive reason 8 since neither did I go trough all of those calculations and algebra for the backfires, but I did at least try to make them more realistic and not just doing
`if revlimiterTriggered and rpm > 4000,
triggerbackfire after 0.1seconds
`
my code goes trough flow calculations and I thought it should work, until I read about backfires and stuff when I found out, I was doing it wrong. but I am currently fixing that or making it better to be exact

but yeah that's why I don't like it, it isn't like it's the first time anyone has complained about the unrealism in that mod.
I have never said or claimed the ecu mod is realistic. So your whole point of

"but it's just that it's done badly,"
Is completly invalid.
Unrealistic -> yes
Badly made -> no

I have never said or claimed the ecu mod is realistic. So your whole point of

"but it's just that it's done badly,"
Is completly invalid.
Unrealistic -> yes
Badly made -> no
never did I say it was badly made.

your whole point of "I am wrong"
is completely invalid since you just lied about me saying your mod was badly made.

and also, I said, "these are the reasons I don't like it"

Last edited:
and can you go to the discussion tab on the ECU mod not here? this is not a drama tab, and even less the discussion tab for the Ecu mod in question

and can you go to the discussion tab on the ECU mod not here? this is not a drama tab, and even less the discussion tab for the Ecu mod in question
Screenshot_2.jpg

Yeah right. You never said that....

DO NOT TURN THE LIMITER OFF IN THE MOD
I noticed that many people had their whole pc crash when they turned the limiter off and floored it,
as sudden crashes can damage your pc, I strongly advise against turning off the limiter.

update coming where turning the limiter off won't be an option!

EdgarsLS updated Race Satsuma Mod with a new update entry:

Added suspension adjustment, improved it all around, and also changed the mod name (read the README)

menu keybind is "U"
2-step keybind is "Y"

please read the README file included

• Version v2.2
    • Added Suspension Menu
    • Added ability to change the suspension values of the rally suspension from the suspension menu
    • Added front toe adjustment
    • Removed ability to turn the rev limiter off
    • Added ability to turn clutch modifier on or off
    • Changed mod file name to 'RaceSatsumaMod' (read the README included)
    • Improved the backfire...

Read the rest of this update entry...

EdgarsLS updated Race Satsuma Mod with a new update entry:

Soft Limiter!!! and some bug fixes!

the mod menu keybind is "U"
the 2-step keybind is "Y"

• Version v2.3
    • Fixed issue with wheels not being able to be installed if they fall off
    • Added soft Limiter adjustments (the 'SoftLmtrZone' changes the rpm below the limit in which timing is retarded to the 'LimiterRetard' value), note: if 'SoftLmtrZone' is 0, the soft limiter gets disabled
    • changed the GUI theme a bit
note:
this mod is incompatible currently...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The settings for your mod appear below the border of my screen. cant change certain settings that i used to be able to, any way of changing the scaling of the settings box or anything please help
mod was awesome before this issue now i cant use it and game is pratically useless

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back