Race room summer sale is on!!

Thinking of trying this again since there's a sale on, I only tried the base game years ago. What is singleplayer like, are the AI decent?

From quick research it seems best to buy Packs, from the Store not Steam, using VRP if possible. Correct? The way additional content was sold was bewildering to me years ago and put me off tbh.

Any advice on which content to buy? I have plenty of GT cars in Assetto Corsa, was thinking more touring cars and old brutes like the Group 5s for this sim.

Last edited:
was thinking more touring cars and old brutes like the Group 5s for this sim.
The WTCR 2018s are a great buy if you like touring cars. Very closely matched, fun to drive, always give great racing in our R3E club races. DTM `92s are also great fun, among the best cars in the game in my humble opinion. You won't be disappointed with the Group 5's, and if you like older beasts then perhaps take a look at the new Group Cs too which are brilliant cars.

As Kenny said, you can test drive any car in the game for free as many times as you want before making any purchases, so be sure to make use of that feature! :thumbsup:

@Eifion Evans to piggy back on what Ross and Kenny have mentioned Sector 3 is in the process of updating the older content to the latest and greatest that the newer releases enjoy.
upload_2019-6-25_20-26-8.png

Group 5 is a good choice...I like the Capri...I just bought the Group C Porsche which is a lot of fun...and my recent purchases have all been the oldies : Fr90, Classic Porsche Cup, 911 3.0 RSR. All excellent. The starter pack is good value.....I also second the WTCR's .

Little mini rant: I think it's really annoying that you aren't given content that's added to a pack when you already own it. I have the starter pack and just saw the F4 has been added to it since I purchased the pack. It says I "own" the whole pack, but that car still needs to be bought. Booo. Also, the premium pack reallllly should give you everything as it's added. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if that was the case.

So would everybody else if that were the case, meaning the developers would then be working for "free" and would earn nothing for future content. No viable business would ever do that.
To be fair, only the people with who bought the premium pack, not everyone would get it. "No viable business" would do that, except every developer for the last two decades who sold complete game for a complete price.

To be fair, only the people with who bought the premium pack, not everyone would get it.
Oh come off it. If people knew in advance that buying the premium pack would entitle them to every single content update for the life of the game, nearly everyone would buy it because that would be an absolute bargain. It is in no way a viable way to run a business, because wages are ongoing. Individual sales to new customers are not.

... except every developer for the last two decades who sold complete game for a complete price.
Haha, sure! Every racing sim for the last two decades has included 44 individual tracks, most with multiple layouts, and 38 classes of car (that's counting individual years such as the WTCC packs as a single class) on release day for one, single price with zero DLCs. You either have very, very rose-coloured glasses or you're living in a fantasy world. :rolleyes: There aren't many sims that offer that amount of content even with paid DLCs.

And if you look at the industry in general, paid DLCs have been around for decades themselves... except they used to be called "expansion packs" and came on CDs instead of over the internet.

I purchased AMS for one low price that included all future DLC, tracks and addons etc. But that was AMS not RRE. So it does happen to be fair and AMS is quite extensive.:cool::)

I purchased AMS for one low price that included all future DLC, tracks and addons etc. But that was AMS not RRE. So it does happen to be fair and AMS is quite extensive.

That's a season pass, which is nearly £50 for far less content than you get with the current R3E premium pack. Don't get me wrong, I love AMS and it's content, but this is not the same thing. Season passes cover content that the developer already has in it's plans, with the licenses bought and paid for. R3E does not, it acquires new content licenses as it goes along. They need to be paid for, which isn't going to be done without continuing, paying customers.

Regardless, the above claim that every dev has done it for the last 20 years is pure nonsense. :) AMS, like most games, had a beginning and an end, while R3E is still ongoing with no end in sight. You can't run that kind of development cycle relying solely on new customers. If you could, all games would have a much, much longer shelf life than they currently do, including AMS.

And I'll be honest, I hate season passes far more than R3E's business model. I mean, if the content is confirmed and already in development, then why not release it as part of the full game? That right there is a con in my eyes.

Last edited:
That's a season pass, which is nearly £50 for far less content than you get with the current R3E premium pack. Don't get me wrong, I love AMS and it's content, but this is not the same thing. Season passes cover content that the developer already has in it's plans, with the licenses bought and paid for. R3E does not, it acquires new content licenses as it goes along. They need to be paid for, which isn't going to be done without continuing, paying customers.

Regardless, the above claim that every dev has done it for the last 20 years is pure nonsense. :) AMS, like most games, had a beginning and an end, while R3E is still ongoing with no end in sight. You can't run that kind of development cycle relying solely on new customers. If you could, all games would have a much, much longer shelf life than they currently do, including AMS.

And I'll be honest, I hate season passes far more than R3E's business model. I mean, if the content is confirmed and already in development, then why not release it as part of the full game? That right there is a con in my eyes.

Actually, thinking about it, AMS was free for me. I was one of the old guys who went from GSCE 2012 all the way to AMS I did pay a little for the season pass, think it was about 12 quid.
Either way not trying to argue just stating something.:thumbsup:

So does the premium pack get you everything that's been released up to this point?

I've played a bit of the base game now and it's pretty good, much better than when I first tried it . . . way back in January 2013 according to my ingame profile!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.0%