RACE Pro (Xbox 360)

I have played RACE Pro this weekend in Oschersleben. Two tracks were implemented in this demo: Oschersleben and Zandvoort. Especially Zandvoort rocked big time. The layout was extremely correct (best i have ever seen) and although i had much trouble getting used to the Microsoft wheel, the handling felt like a real simulator should feel. No way this is going to be an arcade game :)

pssss bram, there also was a secret one.. with some other tracks to ;)
You could have played it with the joypad.. It looks very nice, but i can't handle the joypad yet.

btw the carse where great and the sound even more :D

DLC info

After lurking around here for a while now I figured I should probably contribute something. :wave:

Some DLC info from the latest Edge Magazine:
There is also a coherent DLC strategy inplace that will, over the course of five monthly content packs, see a return to GT Legends-esque historic touring cars and the addition of the Spa-Franchorchamps circuit.
There's rumours of an additional two free DLC packs as well (so seven in total), plus - a Simbin dev at GC08 supposedly confirmed that the Nordschleife is planned as DLC as well.

So it looks like things are shaping up nicely! :Banane01:

• Chad711

I have thought about this a lot. Wondering why they would not release this for PC. The only reason I can think of is a contact with Microsoft. I am sure they understand that sells would be so much better on a PC because of the amount of true sim racers on PC.

Still, it just doesn't make sense. I have a Xbox 360 and the wheel for it and that wheel SUCKS! There is no way I will enjoy the game with that wheel. I wouldn't be so upset about it if the G25 wheel would work with Xbox 360

@Chad Hermann
I think they will not release it for the Pc, because GTR Evolution/Race07 has pretty much the same content. Releasing two identical games with just different graphics and maybe better physics doesn´t look really economic, if you ask me. :)

• Simon Benham

I always just assumed this was their attempt at tapping into the GT/Forza/PGR market, i.e to be the best console racer available rather than just confine themselves to the PC market. I'd imagine there's quite alot of people all in all who have purchased the various different racers on the various consoles? Plus the thought of various DLC packages is not only suitable to racing games in particular what with new cars and tracks etc, but it would give them extra revenue that might overwise be harder to sell for the PC demographic. I mean, large expansions take time and money, and I think that's usually what the PC sim crowd ever get rather than smaller payed for add-ons.

Anyhoo, I'm really looking forward to this, especially bringing with it the XBLive structure.

• Chad711

I have a friend that works for MS Xbox360 team. I will ask him. He's a good source usually.

Just so you know, chances are the wingman profiler will not be supported. Typically consoles have some very cut and dry settings for the G25. For instance any PS3 game I play with the G25 (well that support it) the FFB is not all that great. Just a bunch of force and you can feel some rumble strips.

• Frank Sutton

I recently dumped my consoles. Oh well, forza would have been much more enjoyable with the g25 ( if it was supported to begin with).

RACE Pro Screenshots

Found some new ones, not sure if they are posted here already

Attachments

• Racepro1.jpg
    Racepro1.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 199
  • racepro2.jpg
    racepro2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 217
  • Racepro3.jpg
    Racepro3.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 204