Project CARS
FM2, 4 & 6
Shift 1&2
F1 2011 & 2013
PGR 3&4
Grid Autosport
Dirt 2
+more
As well as a plethora of PC racers esp. old school.

I'm okay with people using assists. If they want to use the line etc. It's their game and they paid their hard earned cash for it. It usually slows them down anyway. I know a few people who use most of the assists and auto trans too and they smoke me. A lot of it comes down to reflexes. Which I had many decades ago and now am just a shell of my younger self.

I thought you didn't have access to your XBOX ONE currently where you are?

I'm okay with people using assists. If they want to use the line etc. It's their game and they paid their hard earned cash for it. It usually slows them down anyway. I know a few people who use most of the assists and auto trans too and they smoke me. A lot of it comes down to reflexes. Which I had many decades ago and now am just a shell of my younger self.

I thought you didn't have access to your XBOX ONE currently where you are?
Fair enough as far as spending hard earned feddies. Yet, it kind of unlevels the playing field. I can live with AT but the line and full assists are advantages imo.
As for the Xbone, I just need to find a place in myapartment to put it and my wheels without having my girlfriend displeased at the aesthetics. Once I get the TMX, it's on. Even if local comp and one of us uses the Spider. :)

Fair enough as far as spending hard earned feddies. Yet, it kind of unlevels the playing field. I can live with AT but the line and full assists are advantages imo.
As for the Xbone, I just need to find a place in myapartment to put it and my wheels without having my girlfriend displeased at the aesthetics. Once I get the TMX, it's on. Even if local comp and one of us uses the Spider. :)
All I usually use is TCS. And that is car specific. It's just you and me so run the race and then we can do another one. And being old I don't know what TMX and Spider are. Remember, when I was your age being Dope was not good.

Ran the race on August 29th. Against my better judgement, went with the default setup as opposed to the only other saved setup I had which was set at a different track. Therefore there was a little bumper kissing as until I got accustomed to my brakezone. So laps 2 or 3 through 15 were completely clean. Here are the results:
Place: P3
Best Lap: 1:41.001
Race Time: 25:55.051 - S1 35.702, S2 32.600, S3 31.899
Winner: 25:24.321 in a Seat Toledo GT

Fun deal. Love extended races. Thanks OldModelT!!

Bummer. At (-8 GMT, -9 once we go back to PST from Daylight Savings), that puts US West Coasters at 2pm. I don't get off from work for another 3.5 hours. No chance at weekends. This is the first of your alerts that I've checked, Martyn.
Thanks.

So if I read your post and did my math correctly my race time was 25:39ish and yours was at the 25:55 range. That's what I was hoping for. Not to win but to make it close, fair and FUN for all. A 25 min race comes down to 16 seconds. This is the type of racing we did years ago before there any online racing. (which is over rated in my humble opinion with all our RL schedules and time zone differences.) I used to run against all levels of skill at GTP. Usually the speedsters were 1-3 mins ahead of me but there were a bunch of guys near me that we would have fun competing against each other. As long as everyone played fair. Next one to follow. Do you have the Race Pro DLC with the Mid Ohio Sports Car Course?

I did notice that you were on playing PCars. Do you have access to the ONE now?

Last edited:
Yeah, that was fun. I love the extended lap races because you can reach that Zen state where you're fully present with the car and the circuit. There's something about human error (pressure, lapse in concentration) that adds flavor to online racing. However, just like the other day with PCARS, more often than not, there's some idiot that ruins your experience with some erratic lines or plowing into you while they're watching the race line triangles. I never win even when the lobby has decency. I run mid to back. The peleton often is beyond site. But I simply enjoy racing. Even if it's with some gal/guy blue markering with me.

Oh, BTW, yes. I bought ALL Race Pro DC. I'll even buy another copy if I can find one for some retro LANing decades from now. Love RP.
As for PCARS, I was at my parents' house. But I just bought a little entertainment center perfect for both systems and a drawer for controlers. Looking to get that Thrustmaster TX. But I should probably wait for a sale. Girlfriend and I are working on stashes for 4wheels/pedals in the apartment now.

Ran my race over the weekend.

Maybe it was the track that I know so well or the car but the AI was not up to the task in this race. I was past them and in 1st place much quicker than I had thought. A couple of small off track incidents which didn’t require that I let traffic pass because of the spacing of the traffic or in the case of the 2nd one I was so far ahead of the field it didn’t matter. I pitted after lap 15. The last 5 laps were devoted to just staying out of trouble.

Race Place – 1st

Time – 44:34.023

BL – 2:08.517

2nd place - +18.953

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.2%