RACE Pro (Xbox 360)

It (Shift2) is kind of a preview of Project Cars. Not near as good, but made by the same people. The more I play Shift the better I like it. It does have some bugs, but its pretty fun when you can overcome them.

The floaty suspension feel of Shift1 seem to have been alleviated in 2. I mean my first Silvia was as if it was tied together with bungie chords well into the tune and stiffening.
A "preview", may be an overestimation IMHO. Slightly Mad have definitely used the two Shift installments as exp. points. Hopefully the physics model is dialed in sharp. The rest is just icing. Saw a vid of PCARS being compared to iRacing. Pretty close according to the allegedly "console leaning" guy who made the video.

Howzit.

Yeah it was always quiet when i was on in public games, i had to join a league to find other guys haha.

GSCE= Game Stock Car Extreme. It will run on your pc, its not very demanding and the league i am in used GTR2 before this so if GTR2 runs fine you are good to go here, and if you liked Race 07 and Race Pro's touring cars...you will love the touring cars which are part of GSCE but also available in a free, totally free offline version to play. Here are the links...

http://www.gamemarcas.com.br/index.php/en/downloads-en

http://game-stockcar.com.br/?lang=en

First one is the free game, but those cars are included in the GSCE with lots of other great cars. GSCE is highly regarded in the sim community for its brilliant physics. Try the free game...those cars are fun and we starting racing them in a new series in just over a weeks times at www.shadowracingrsa.net if you would like to join us. The games are available on steam too, but then you cant have multiple installs for lots of mods, and there a lot of mods for it!

Can't have multiple installs? Or CAN? Is that the Brazilian Touring Car game? If so I have the free single player. LOVE it!
As for the Sim Binners, do you or anyone still run Raceroom (free) or GTR2 (or 1, I guess I could buy the Steam copy) casually? Leagues are tough for me due to work schedule and Pacific Time Zone. Race07 always has at least a few servers populated.

Howzit!

Lol, no you CAN'T have multiple steam install, but you CAN have multiple installs from the non steam version. Yes think thats the same game you have then, and if you like them then you will enjoy GSCE for sure!

I dont run GTR2 anymore, still own it on steam but its not installed. Raceroom i dont have installed either. Our races are either 8pm GMT+2 or 10pm GMT+2.

Vence Alfred, post: 1969125, member: 183999"]Well during the week, 7:30pm PDT at earliest is probably out of the question. Weekends anytime work. Soon Saturday work will kick in. I have my kid every other weekend. Those days earlier the better.
Wow that's a lot. But given a heads up I can pinpoint my availability or make adjustments. Just be sure to keep me in the loop please.[/QUOTE]
Hi Vence Alfred, are you still interested in joint the Race Pro series for the WTCC. If so what time and days can you do. And where do you live so I can work the times please.

Hi all WTCC fans, just to let you all know that we will be starting the series on the 19th April 2016. Time of the series will be at 7:30PM GMT Time. All points system are the same, race calander will be uploaded soon. Just a quick reminder this is for X box 360 and steam only.

Hey Martyn. Is there ANY activity on Race Pro as of late. Recently moved so I've been off. Just had internet installed and have my 360 hooked up. Always looking to run aged, dust collecting racing titles. Just let me know.
Gamertag:
roist510

Hey Martyn. I just finished another contract tonight. A Zen experience. Reminded me of how good Race Pro is. I am interested if you're still trying to get this series going given the race times are conducive to my schedule. I'm on the West Coast of the US, Pacific Daylight Time (during spring/summer, Pacific Standard Time in autumn/winter). I believe we're GMT -7 this time of year. I have a buddy in the Midwest (+2 hours from here) who would probably join and a homegirl who I talked into buying the game who probably won't. But keep me posted. I will check back here. Would be nice to tune and time on this gem of a game.
Thanks for everything. Be well.

Hey Martyn. I just finished another contract tonight. A Zen experience. Reminded me of how good Race Pro is. I am interested if you're still trying to get this series going given the race times are conducive to my schedule. I'm on the West Coast of the US, Pacific Daylight Time (during spring/summer, Pacific Standard Time in autumn/winter). I believe we're GMT -7 this time of year. I have a buddy in the Midwest (+2 hours from here) who would probably join and a homegirl who I talked into buying the game who probably won't. But keep me posted. I will check back here. Would be nice to tune and time on this gem of a game.
Thanks for everything. Be well.

I hope that buddy you are talking about is me. I was just playing this the last week. Ran a championship series in the DTM type cars which I guess would fall into the GT Sport category. Ran on hard diff with all the damage, qualifying etc. and still finished 6th place overall. Much better to just chill out and pretend I'm a RL driver than have to do the FM6 career stuff and be required to finish in the top 3 or even win the damn race or you have to run the thing over. I'm gonna do a 20-30 lapper this week at Mid Ohio in the Formula 3000 cars. Closest I can get to the Indy ones with this game.

Oh, and Vence. You still have my email right?

This is a casual series. No points unless there is tremendous participation (which I'm guessing is no) because it's a very old but fun game.

Go to >> Main Menu >> Single Race >> BRNO Circuit >> GT Pro >> Lister Strom >> Semi-Pro >> Hit X button for Advanced >> Now setup as follows. A nice fast track in the rain. I have run a 3 lapper but have no idea what the game will throw at me with pit stops, tyre wear etc.

ABS, TCS, STM, Race Line & Transmission are your choice. But please try with no race line. It’s more fun.

Qualification – No

Race Length – 20

AI opponents – 15

AI opponents’ skill - Normal

AI opponents’ car model - Random

Start Position – 16

Weather - Rain

Damage Sensitivity – Realistic

Brake and tire wear – On

Flag Rules – Enabled

Shoot me a message with the following stats:
1. Record your finish position
2. Best Lap
3. Winner's race time
4. Your time behind if you aren't #1.
example:
oldmodelt - 6th
BL -
Race time -
Time behind -

That's it. My race philosophy in post #2.

Last edited:
A couple of quick ground rules I use while doing my races. These are in addition to the standard race rules we know so well. Two wheels on the track, no shortcuts (even when the game allows it) and so on. The objective is to have fun and try to replicate the RL racing experience. This is a chill out time to just enjoy racing and not always try to win at all costs. I use the following games. FM3, FM4, FM6, PGR4, Race Pro, Project Cars, F1 2013, GRID Autosport and a few others. Pick what works for you.

1. Even when not using sim damage in the race I must drive like it is on. The AI may drive like drunken fools and I must take this into account. Remember they are not human opponents who are trying to take advantage of my every weakness. It’s not their fault. It’s the fault of the programmers. Lol.

2. The objective is not to win the race all the time but to simulate and enjoy what these cars and tracks would/could be like in RL. I know that I could/would never finish on a podium so why would I try to do it in gaming. I enjoy the challenge of operating in traffic. If I wanted clear racing I have hot laps/TT’s for that. Sometimes the cars are tuned. Many times they are stock so I am not overpowering them.

3. My objective is to finish the race. If I win by my parameters that is okay. But it’s not the goal. If I finish 10th by driving a clean error free race surrounded by the AI I’m good with that. I usually run a test race of 3-5 laps with the car/track and see how I do. It’s usually one that is on a race schedule from any of the series I follow. NASCAR, Indycar, F1, IMSA, WTCC, DTM, WEC, BTCC etc. I can usually find a good combo to keep my interest. Then I’ll do a 10-30 lapper and just chill out.

4. If the AI slams into me from the rear/side I may control my car and not take the penalty. But if I slam into them (front, side) or hit an obstacle like a guardrail I must give up one place to the AI. This encourages RL consequences. It would probably happen in RL. It teaches me to back off. Damage to my car would slow me down, right? This trains me to not try to fit my car into a space the size of a breadbox.

5. If I run off the track, just like RL racing I must wait for traffic to clear! None of that video game crap we see in the online lobbies.

6. I must drive as if the race organizers/sponsors are watching and would penalize me with added time, drive through pits, suspensions, firing my butt, etc.

7. Assists as you wish but the focus is realism.

8. Most of the time I’ll finish in the middle of the pack. Sometimes I’ll really screw up and finish last. And this is important. If I screw up or the AI screws me over I just keep going. There’s always another race. And once in a blue moon if I’ve set up the race properly I come through like a champion and win the damn race/series.

Sounds like a plan. I'm always down for increased lap racing Zen.
However, to keep it real (istic) as well as on the same playing field, I believe all assists should be off, including ABS. Automatic box? Ehhh. Maybe that can slide but places added peril to the self-shifters not had by the auto boxers. So MAYBE that too. All else sounds dandy. Will start with what you've already done.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 60 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.1%