RACE POSTPONED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Garcia

Premium
Hello guys,

due to the problems we had today we will postpone Daytona Race to April 29th. We will do as much as is in our hands to detect and fix the problem.

Thanks for understanding.

Cheers,
David

Is it an idea to perhaps have this at the end of the season? I know I personally will struggle to get to the race as I have made other plans, not sure for the rest of the team yet, but I dare say they could have other things planned also.

What about half points and move on to the next round?

The results can be done by where everyone was before mike minidumped, as mike's minidumped seem to cause the server to crash

Not sure Mike got a minidump.
For some reason this week we didn't suffer that much off minidumps. Myself did a practice on thurday evening without a hickup. No idea why as nothing changed.
Well this STC season for us is cursed. After all the mayhem we got sofar in practice this time our race was screwed. First iain who couldn't see any other car so had ESC out. Then Mike having pole and beeing in the lead got disconnected.
If i am correct its the Second time that a race is stopped and both times mike was in the lead.
Don't think mike caused it though. For me this was one lag spike to much, game can handle lag upto a certain point.
Xose, we use liveview also, which file was so big ? those live log files are very small normally and are created by the game and not by liveview.
Liveview itself runs on the webserver and not on the gameserver. Just trying to understand the problem.

Xose, we use liveview also, which file was so big ? those live log files are very small normally and are created by the game and not by liveview.
Liveview itself runs on the webserver and not on the gameserver. Just trying to understand the problem.

Hi mate,

We were using the "Liveview Reporter Tool" and that runs on gameserver, to send the files to the web server. It records a log every time it sends a file, and this log is what it was that big, so may cause the problems. We removed it now and what I will do is use the game FTP reporter for the liveview.

For next round we will also try without Safety Car and see.

About the date, if most of you preffer in may I don't think there is a problem with it, just need the feedback of all teams about this to know if that date fits most of them better.

Another option we have is to just skip this race and make a 9 races season, I don't think we should give points honestly, we raced for 10 mins and most of "overtakes" were because lags and disconnections.

Hi mate,

We were using the "Liveview Reporter Tool" and that runs on gameserver, to send the files to the web server. It records a log every time it sends a file, and this log is what it was that big, so may cause the problems. We removed it now and what I will do is use the game FTP reporter for the liveview.

Ah yes, use that tool also. also noticed the logfile can get very large. Several weeks back, i cleaned them also, reminds me to do it again. :) .
Downside of the ingame one is that you have to start it each time.
Can't say we had problems back then when it was very large but then again we don't have such a big grid.
Lets hope this is the cause of the problems.

Xosé is it a full dedicated server, or is it shared like most TGH servers.

About the date, if most of you preffer in may I don't think there is a problem with it, just need the feedback of all teams about this to know if that date fits most of them better.

Another option we have is to just skip this race and make a 9 races season, I don't think we should give points honestly, we raced for 10 mins and most of "overtakes" were because lags and disconnections.

I think posponing this race to either May or end of season would be best, next week seems everyone has plans.

Or skip it, I'm ok with that.

Would be bad for us anyway if it was next week as checked with everyone and plans are already made as there was never a race for next week, it's to short notice, normally there's at least 2-3 weeks advance when a race is postponed. So if the race is next week, the likely outcome for us is only 2 cars on the grid out of 4.

We have no problem to postpone the race, in May there are already three races in three weeks, I think it is better to postpone the race to end of season.
We're here to compete and have fun, to cancel the race does not seem the best choice. From here to end championship we have plenty of time to organize us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 326 27.9%