Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Initial Testing has gone well should make my mind up on car today and then get to work on strategy for race working on tire tests etc... then figure out how to setup a race strategy before the race so I don't have to go though it all in the race itself in the pits which is something I have had happen several times already in the game.

To test the tires, set the wear on 4x or 8x in the practice race and that should give you a good idea. You just have to do the math. I have not yet calculated the advantage soft tires will give you if you pit and run them twice in a short race vs. go medium and not pit.

Yes I was surprised by the tire wear from testing the cars yesterday, Yet to run it on 2x or higher but been running mostly on soft with the odd hard tire run I think, I don't know what the game puts you on when it is set to the weather of the circuit. but learning to make my own changes in there. been running with about 100L of fuel but not yet done a long race distance run until I have chosen my car.

I'll be live streaming from my in car, like last Saturday. I didn't see any I'll effect on the connection. I think with 16 or less on the track (sometimes less is better...and consoles are limited here), it's not a problem. Was having some issues with online play last night, but only minor.

So you're not changing tires, Robert? I will say to Everyone, pay attention to your fuel mileage. It can be found on Motec screen. I ran 50 laps last night only to fall a lap short.

This is a two hour race (almost). You have to pit. So, it would be pretty crazy not to change tires, IMO. The issue is how long the tires will last...and what compounds to use.

Yeah I could only broadcast for a few minutes (lagging) but it's still not showing up in my past broadcasts. I don't know if there are any settings I need to adjust?? Also I'm still losing my FFB everytime I unsnap.

To test the tires, set the wear on 4x or 8x in the practice race and that should give you a good idea. You just have to do the math. I have not yet calculated the advantage soft tires will give you if you pit and run them twice in a short race vs. go medium and not pit.
What's your impressions of the tyre wear implemented in the game so far. What sort of time loss do you get as they go off and can you feel the grip going?

So Peter, I guess you're not going to make the race are you going to watch?? If someone wants to help I can't get my Twitch to work right.
I'll still be in Egypt. I'd love to watch live but the connection is a bit iffy at the hotel and tends to be at its best in the early hours of the morning... the evening is probably the worst time. Plus i think while everyone is getting used to things its probably best not to stream live but to stream the replay of your race just in case there are any issues using Twitch whilst racing. Be a Shane to mess up your race

Yeah I could only broadcast for a few minutes (lagging) but it's still not showing up in my past broadcasts. I don't know if there are any settings I need to adjust?? Also I'm still losing my FFB everytime I unsnap.
Are you trying to find the recordings in the Twitch XBO app? If so i also had the same problem but found that they were available when i went onto the website on my laptop. No idea why they don't show up in the app... hopefully something that will get fixed before too long.

As Boothy said they only remain for two weeks so be sure to use the Twitch facility to upload them to Youtube before that if you want them kept. Something else that i hope will be included in the XBO app before long.

I ran a 50 lapper last night and I pushed really hard going to 1st from 3rd, building a 4 second lead and then the car kind of fell off. I ended up losing 7 seconds to the leader before pitting with 3rd place right on my bumper. My second stint, I pushed hard again but was able to make ground until I ran out of gas and had to go into conservation mode. The fall-off is not as noticeable as it has been in other games. Some games just get ridiculous with their tire wear. I know this will be patched but right now its very manageable. I don't see that big of a difference between softs and mediums either. I guess when they patch the tire wear we'll have to use the Mediums or Hard compound for the short races, to keep from pitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%