Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Wait so does that mean we can't use the racing line either? Normally I just use braking line but on this game it's all or nothing. I'll definitely be killing people without that lol.
As Robert pointed out you will quickly realise that the racing line isn't needed and in fact slows you down of you follow it to much. So much more preferable to turn it off and learn the lines and braking points that work for you. Several laps to get the track down in your mind then a good solid session to fine tune it. It's a constant surprise over those laps how much speed you can find at places you just never expect it.

Last edited:
They have been "polishing" it for three years. What makes you think they will stop now? lol. Codemasters lays a turd (or sometimes a decent game that's just not complete) and maybe throws in a patch to say they tried. They have a long history of this, and many PC players (and now many console players) are very leery of Codemasters, so they don't get the benefit of the doubt IMO. But I agree...anything is possible. I would not have thought pCARS would need *this* much polish! lol.
pCars 2 ;)

But regardless its a cracking title that i hope gets more recognition on console as time goes on. That's why i hope the release of F1 will bring new players onto the scene that so far are steering clear. It will definitely be the push for some to go next gen who currently are holding off.

PC players have been able to be more picky due to the wide sim choice they have. It's not been so easy on console.

Similar sort of problem they were having with pCars which was one of the reasons for the final delay there too. So i guess its the optimisation that is tricky for most on next gen.

Yea, probably on the xbox. I sure hope they get there. Seems like if SMS can do it with so many features and tracks and cars, then CM can do it. Like with pCARS, I'll applaud their decision to delay if this is what is the cause.

@videogamebum454 Once you learn the track you will be Golden, I use to use the Braking lines in F1 a long time ago, but now I use the brake markers and landmarks for my braking zones. As you drive the track you'll learn it better, you'll know what gear to be in on each corner and that will help your cornering speed. A little cheat you can use is the Rubber put down by the cars actually is representative of the Racing line and Braking zones are represented by darker area's in the track. But after a few laps of practice you'll get in a rhythm and be able to drive the track in your head and know what gear to take each corner in. It's nothing for me to put down 50-100 laps of practice when learning a new track. That's what Free Practice is for. You're dedication and hard work will show when you can get on the track. There is NO Replacement for Seat Time. Even if it means getting on at 2am because the family is sleeping. So look for the braking zones (Dark rubbered in areas on the track) and establish a rhythm. You will be up to speed before you realize it. And you will be a better Racer because of it!!! My experience in Grid Autosport (Xbox360) is a true testament to that! Just ask Robert Waddell.

Thanks for the Clarification, Robert. Looking forward. I love long races. It will be interesting to see the different strategies in the Short Races. I'm going to probably try and run a 50 lap race on my own with 2x tire wear and see how that works out. Or would it be better for Normal tire wear on the "Long" races (Mandatory Stop anyways), and 2x on the "Short" races???

Thanks mate, watching back there are a few places I braked earlier (due to lack of practice), so with a few setup up changes and better braking I can go slightly quicker.
And it was a great battle, the way you drove I wouldn't of get past with another 100 laps!

My Z4 was no match for your Audi on the straights, the only real chance I had was when you messed up in sector one, and we were side by side on wellington straight.

Reactions: Rob
Thanks for the Clarification, Robert. Looking forward. I love long races. It will be interesting to see the different strategies in the Short Races. I'm going to probably try and run a 50 lap race on my own with 2x tire wear and see how that works out. Or would it be better for Normal tire wear on the "Long" races (Mandatory Stop anyways), and 2x on the "Short" races???
I think It may be better to stick to x2 for short and long races.

I think It may be better to stick to x2 for short and long races.
I think you are right. The test I did last night was rather shocking. You can run the softs for about an hour at Silverstone (even on 2x) and there is no real degradation except a bit of falloff at the end. Mediums would easily get you around. Plus the consistency from race to race is good. So I think that will be changed. Good suggestion...was thinking the same.

Thanks mate, watching back there are a few places I braked earlier (due to lack of practice), so with a few setup up changes and better braking I can go slightly quicker.
And it was a great battle, the way you drove I wouldn't of get past with another 100 laps!

My Z4 was no match for your Audi on the straights, the only real chance I had was when you messed up in sector one, and we were side by side on wellington straight.

You are a much more consistent driver than me though. And that is always better than speed, in my book. Should be interesting since we all are very close. Seems the SIM nature of the game has equaled things out, as it should if you take racing seriously.

You did well to keep Dylan behind you Robert, nice job :thumbsup:

Could be some decent tussles throughout as things develop over the season.

Consistency and error minimisation will win out over outright speed if the latter also brings mistakes.

Initial Testing has gone well should make my mind up on car today and then get to work on strategy for race working on tire tests etc... then figure out how to setup a race strategy before the race so I don't have to go though it all in the race itself in the pits which is something I have had happen several times already in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back