Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Hello! Do I have to sign up in this topic for the championship too or it's enough if i signed up in the "driver signup" topic? How many laps will be the race? In the Schedule topic there is 56 laps and here 31 . I'm from Hungary and I don't understand everything exactly so, is it allowed to not change tires in the race? so I would only refuel the car. Sorry for the lot of questions :)

Thank you for reminding me. I had been thinking of the practice race when I made this, but this first race is indeed a "long" race, so Long Race rules apply. See the series overview.

To answer your question Bence, you sign up to run the Championship and since all the races are pre-scheduled you sign up individually for each one as well. As in some cases you're not able to make every race. As far as laps, Robert may need to clarify, but I'd venture to say 31 is the correct number.

Actually it's a long race Michael, so the 50l of fuel I told you about will need to be adjusted according to your individual strategy. While I'm on the topic, I may have misspoken during our practice and during the practice race. As Dylan rightly pointed out, there is no way to enforce pit stops, so there will be NO mandatory pit stop for "Short" races, so you can go the whole race if you think that will be faster (it may or may not be depending on many factors). But in "Long" races, there is a mandatory stop for a tire change (since you have to use softs for one lap at least), unless it rains. Also tire wear is set to 2X during "Long" races to encourage strategy. I thing the wear modeling is off in the game anyway. So practice accordingly!

Last edited:
Let's wait until they polish it first ;)

Maybe CM have become more like SMS... they have just delayed F1 after all lol

They have been "polishing" it for three years. What makes you think they will stop now? lol. Codemasters lays a turd (or sometimes a decent game that's just not complete) and maybe throws in a patch to say they tried. They have a long history of this, and many PC players (and now many console players) are very leery of Codemasters, so they don't get the benefit of the doubt IMO. But I agree...anything is possible. I would not have thought pCARS would need *this* much polish! lol.

I was more referring to having two races at the same track on successive weekends bit its cool as i forgot you were running the exact same schedule as the real thing :)

I don't get back until midway through next week so by the time i order and get the wheel it will probably be too late for the third race and will still not have had time to get used to things at that point anyway as I'll also be back at work. The next race is one i might make providing things go smoothly with the wheel but then the following race is my anniversary weekend so likely won't be around hence why I'm thinking it might be race 6 before I'm up and running.

Hopefully F1 will prompt some others onto next gen and that will bring extra numbers. I am guessing Hemps is still unavailable due to work issues.

I understand. Well, life comes first, of course. I think you will be up to speed a lot faster than you think. Just ask Watts.
I'm looking at F1 as a rival more than a helper. I'm not relying on any positive impact on pCARS leagues, but instead look to the regular crossover folks and new faces who aren't here just to play F1. I myself am looking forward to F1, but I'll not likely be able to play it here most likely due to my work schedule, so I'll have to look elsewhere. Hopefully, though, I can get Sundays off in the future.
(Didn't know they delayed F1)

I understand. Well, life comes first, of course. I think you will be up to speed a lot faster than you think. Just ask Watts.
I'm looking at F1 as a rival more than a helper. I'm not relying on any positive impact on pCARS leagues, but instead look to the regular crossover folks and new faces who aren't here just to play F1. I myself am looking forward to F1, but I'll not likely be able to play it here most likely due to my work schedule, so I'll have to look elsewhere. Hopefully, though, I can get Sundays off in the future.
(Didn't know they delayed F1)
Yeah from what I read the game is basically finished. They just delayed it because they still can't get it running at 60 FPS on consoles. Supposedly they're close but can't get it at a steady 60 FPS. I'm not sure how they'll be able to get it to 60 FPS in a month if they haven't gotten it there by now but we'll see.

Yeah from what I read the game is basically finished. They just delayed it because they still can't get it running at 60 FPS on consoles. Supposedly they're close but can't get it at a steady 60 FPS. I'm not sure how they'll be able to get it to 60 FPS in a month if they haven't gotten it there by now but we'll see.

That's going to be massively disappointing if they can't. I've seen the difference between FM5 and Forza horizon. It's stark. I'll take the occasional blips and tearing in pCARS over 30fps any day.

Wait so does that mean we can't use the racing line either? Normally I just use braking line but on this game it's all or nothing. I'll definitely be killing people without that lol.

It will all be turned off. You need to learn the track. Practice. (Don't mean to be harsh, but much of a drivers' job is to learn the track and the most joy comes from knowing every corner). I know people are used to simcades or arcade games, but track knowledge is as basic as how to steer to a race driver.

Most of these tracks will be new to me too...and trust me....it took me lots of time to learn the ones I semi-know now. And I'm still not that fast...but it's more than worth it. If you feel like you will be a danger, please try to warn us via mic as much as possible. When I first started, it was frustrating, but you will get there. I think everyone was there themselves at one point.

Yeah I just haven't driven a lot of the tracks in this game, and I don't have a ton of time to practice. We'll see I may just resign, or if the league doesn't fill up I'll at least give the first race a go.

You never know, you might try to practice that way and then see how it feels. Most tracks you can get a reasonably good "feel" for in just a few laps. And here is an interesting thing that happened to me when I started virtual racing -- I found that not having the line on actually made me pay much more attention to the track layout and therefore store it in memory as opposed to relying on a line.

By the way, here is the reason (partially) for the 2x tire wear in long races. (And I still don't know if you can run softs for an hour but I suspect you can until they patch it in GT3 class). This is a statement from the head of car development and physics at SMS (another issue that will be improved in the future):
All the player cars tires have tire wear, but some are admittedly on the light side....Some of the player cars that were very light on tire wear were the GT3, GT4, Formula Gulf. The bulk of the cars are reasonably close as is, but I'm tweaking them anyways to get it as close as i can. Thanks for your patience everyone.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27185-GOOD-INFO-INSIDE!-tyre-wear/page3

Yeah I'll probably at least give the first race a shot since it's Silverstone. The tracks on the F1 calendar I pretty much know like the back of my hand as far as layout except like Sochi and the Red Bull Ring. Most of them I'm more used to racing on in the F1 games though. Very different from GT3 lol.

Yeah I'll probably at least give the first race a shot since it's Silverstone. The tracks on the F1 calendar I pretty much know like the back of my hand as far as layout except like Sochi and the Red Bull Ring. Most of them I'm more used to racing on in the F1 games though. Very different from GT3 lol.

Should be a lot easier in GT3...much slower. Of course, Silverstone, Nurburg and Spa are the only ones I think. And trust me, you are not alone...almost all of us will have to learn Snetterton and Oulton Park, if not Donnington too.

Hello guys,Sorry I think I just posted in the wrong thread! But I just discovered this place and of course new here. I am hoping to get into racing online on Pcars, I have plenty of online racing experience but I am still getting used to some features of this game for online racing I am a huge fan of touring and GT racing and would most certainly like to join in here.

Hello guys,Sorry I think I just posted in the wrong thread! But I just discovered this place and of course new here. I am hoping to get into racing online on Pcars, I have plenty of online racing experience but I am still getting used to some features of this game for online racing I am a huge fan of touring and GT racing and would most certainly like to join in here.

Great to have you! We are always willing to help and feel free to join up if you wish. Just sign up under the driver signup thread with your name, gamertag and car (if known) and you are in if registered here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back