Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Dustin Stephan / videogamebum454 / TBD

I just discovered this league, so I'll have to try out the cars before I choose one. I'm also going to have to get used to cockpit cam. I've been using it a little, but I think it's a lot harder to use with a controller than a wheel. Unfortunately I don't have a wheel yet. I'm getting the Thrustmaster TX wheel, but it'll probably be about a month before that happens. I'm just informing you guys ahead of time because although I am all about racing 100% clean I will need a little time to get used to the camera. Looking forward to the league though. Now I just gotta get tuning down. It's so much harder to tune in this game than Forza!

Dustin Stephan / videogamebum454 / TBD

I just discovered this league, so I'll have to try out the cars before I choose one. I'm also going to have to get used to cockpit cam. I've been using it a little, but I think it's a lot harder to use with a controller than a wheel. Unfortunately I don't have a wheel yet. I'm getting the Thrustmaster TX wheel, but it'll probably be about a month before that happens. I'm just informing you guys ahead of time because although I am all about racing 100% clean I will need a little time to get used to the camera. Looking forward to the league though. Now I just gotta get tuning down. It's so much harder to tune in this game than Forza!

Welcome! Cockpit view is made a bit easier due to the look to apex ability and the right and left (and back) looks. You really get more immersion too. Once you get the wheel, I'm sure you will be very happy.

Speaking of happy, we are happy you decided to join. If you need any help with anything just let me know. I'll post my tune for the Audi later on. Maybe it can be of some use.

Another thing...since one stop per hour (half-way through) is mandatory, make sure you set your fuel loads (in the car setup screens) to about 50-70 and match your tire pressures from the ones you have in the main setup, if you change tires. I'm at 50 on fuel, which equals about 1/2 an hour. I have preset stops for repair damage only (no tire), inters, wets, medium slicks, and softs.

Then when you enter pit lane, scroll down one to "view options" using the D-pad, and then scroll to the one you want and press "Y" (not "A"). Then back out and confirm the choice at the top of the bot and close it. You have to do this REAL fast, so practice. I had to learn the hard way...lol.

Silverstone Grand Prix
British GT Championship
6/6/2015 @ 10:00pm BST; 5:00pm U.S. EDT
Practice: 9:30pm BST (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 10:00pm BST (10 minutes)
Warmup: 10:10pm BST (5 minutes)
Race: 10:15pm BST (51 laps, including formation lap)
(This is a "Long" race = approx. 1h 45m)
_________________________​
Actual Series: Fastest Qualifying Lap 2014 = Aston Martin Vantage GT3 -- 2:01.358
Day: Saturday
Time: 5:00pm U.S. Eastern; 10:00pm BST (start of qualification)
Damage: ON
Mechanical Failures: ON
Tire Wear: 2x
Fuel Usage: NORMAL
Flags and Penalties: ON
Auto Start Engine: YES
Assists: SET TO "REAL" AND COCKPIT OR HELMET MANDATORY
Weather: SET TO REAL WEATHER IN 2015 LOCATION OR LAST RACE RUN.
Time Progression: 2x
Practice Lobby to open 30 minutes before qualifying, followed by a 10 minute qualifying session, 5 minute warmup session and then the race.

Drivers Signed Up:
1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Audi GT3 #50
2. Dren Hendy / Dren Throwdown / Ginetta GT3 #44
3. Dylan Hember / H3MB3RD / BMW Z4 GT3 #__
4. Kevin Kirkbride / Ch1ps N Queso / Ruf GT3 #63
5. Damon Harris/OcR Ceaser/ Aston Martin GT3 #101
6. Michael Watts/ michaei watts / BMW Z4 GT3 #34
7. Eric Cline / McNasty0421/ McLaren #60
8. Railer Cantrell / HRH 5 Racing / Ruf GT3 #72

NOTES:
1. For races longer than one hour ("Long" races), at least one set of the softest tire compound must be used for at least one complete lap during the race. Failure to do so will result in that driver starting at the back of the grid in the subsequent race. This rule does not apply if rain is present before the softest tires are used. Since the game (and the actual series) allows tires to run for one hour or longer if managed correctly, tire wear will be set to "2x" so as to encourage pit stops and strategy. Practice accordingly.

2. Due to loss of force feedback on some wheels, starts will be rolling, but the first lap speed is 50mph maximum so drivers may reset their wheels, if necessary. We will then line up in the same order we started and the race will start (drivers may accelerate and pass) when the pole sitter crosses the start/finish line.

3. All League and Race Department Rules apply, with the stewards able to issue penalties even though no protest was filed. Please record your races and make them available via Twitch or YouTube.

4. There will be no breaks in between sessions, so be sure to take your break before qualifying if needed.

Championship points
The Avon Tyres British GT Championship awards points as follows in the GT3 class:

Races of one hour or less (including each race in a double header):
1st 25, 2nd 18, 3rd 15, 4th 12, 5th 10, 6th 8, 7th 6, 8th 4, 9th 2, 10th 1.

For races of two hours or less, points and a half are awarded:
1st 37.5, 2nd 27, 3rd 22.5, 4th 18, 5th 15, 6th 12, 7th 9, 8th 6, 9th 3, 10th 1.5.

Last edited:
Could be, Strangely enough TT feels better on the wheel. Not much but notice more ff, even though II could do the same with some more tweaking probably.
What I like about TT besides the feel are that the cars are set up well and you cant change them...so the times are a true driver skill comparison.
So the setup you load in the garage doesn't carry forward into the TT session the way it does in Shift 2?

Hello! Do I have to sign up in this topic for the championship too or it's enough if i signed up in the "driver signup" topic? How many laps will be the race? In the Schedule topic there is 56 laps and here 31 . I'm from Hungary and I don't understand everything exactly so, is it allowed to not change tires in the race? so I would only refuel the car. Sorry for the lot of questions :)

Michael Watts/ michaei watts
BMW Z4 GT3 Panasonic #34
images

I'll get all signed up drivers added to my friends list some time today. Hit me up if you want to practice. I'm in the U.S so I know practicing may be difficult due to time change. Anybody that wants to share or work on tunes together I'm down for that. I understand what most all the settings due. I'm still not very good at putting everything together into a setup though.

@videogamebum454 I'm on the EST Coast. I'll be on in the evenings most likely I think me and OctoberDusk will be practicing Wednesday evening. I'm still trying to broadcast a race with my twitch so I can go back and look at my telemetry. I love to tune on cars and this is all new to me as well.

To answer your question Bence, you sign up to run the Championship and since all the races are pre-scheduled you sign up individually for each one as well. As in some cases you're not able to make every race. As far as laps, Robert may need to clarify, but I'd venture to say 31 is the correct number.

I suppose the rules are set in stone aren't they. Just wondering because I'm kind of worried about using cockpit cam. I know I can get used to it as far as driving fast, but I'm worried about being able to see cars around me. I've used 3rd person my whole life, so I'm understandably worried about making contact with others simply because I can't see them. I also think it's fairly difficult to use the right stick to look at my side mirrors while trying to also drive as fast as possible. If not I'll suck it up and just use the cockpit cam. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask though.

After spending all day driving the GT3 cars on Catalunya (no tuning, just used Catalunya cause it has a little bit of everything), and going back and forth debating between the Vantage and the Z4, I've decided I'll use the #88 Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 for the league.

Reactions: Rob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 201 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline