• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

RACE ONE - Silverstone Grand Prix; 6/6/15; 10:00pm BST; 5pm U.S. EDT

Discussion in 'Xbox One | British GT Championship' started by Rob, May 24, 2015.

1. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,090
    Actually, I did. lol. It's not going to match the real life race exactly I'm sure, but that race did start out wet, from reports, so if you run 2x weather with light rain in the third slot and also 2x time, it hits about perfectly. The actual race was three hours long.

2. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,090
    I've tested this too. Mine saves the whole race.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kevin Kirkbride

Kevin Kirkbride

Ratings:
    +20
    No RUF's on the grid yet. I'll take the Nextraline #63 RUF instead to promote variety.

4. Kevin Kirkbride

Kevin Kirkbride

Ratings:
    +20
    Good to hear. Going to get some practice in now. Will try it out.

5. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,090
    I have my setup saved where the tires are "automatic by weather" but if you find you need to, you can always jump into the pits after the pace lap.

6. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,090
    And you are right, it is flawed, but close enough. The weather blocks are about 30 mins. if you put it to 2x, and it's more seamless (not to mention matches the weather) if you put the time on the same scale.

7. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,090
    Actually we have McNasty, who is in a Ruf, but I don't know the number. And Railer said he was going to make it and he's in a Ruf too, I believe.

By the way Railer -- my tire pressures are 18.8 bar on the rear and 19.5 bar on the front. Seems to stay not too hot although not ideal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kevin Kirkbride

Kevin Kirkbride

Ratings:
    +20
    Didn't notice that. Is anyone in the McLaren? I don't see it in the opening post. If not I'll take that. Don't really care what I drive, just like to see some variety.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Railer Cantrell

Railer Cantrell

Ratings:
    +330
    Railer Cantrell / HRH 5 Racing / Ruf GT3 #72
    Woohoo rain, brings out the Senna in me.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Kevin Kirkbride

Kevin Kirkbride

Ratings:
    +20
    I'll go with the #60 McLaren. Sorry for the changes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts

Ratings:
    +1,234
    Ran some practice laps in the Lite Rain with Automatic by Weather, and my tires were over heating bad by lap 3 with a full fuel load. It takes too much time to adjust pressures on a pitstop to accomplish this and I'm pretty sure you probably need different tire pressures based on Wets vs. Dry. I'm assuming from my test it is placing me on full Wets as Intermediates in the Light Rain are almost un-drivable. Also Fuel consumption goes up because of the TC kicking in constantly.

12. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Ratings:
    +1,234
    @Robert Waddell Will we have a Warm Up just to verify our Pit Strategies and Set-up before the race??? If not it will be Parc Ferme

13. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,090
    There will be a warm up, yes. We will all have to cope with the rain. I just hope that we can get the lobby started.

14. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper

Ratings:
    +8,913
    Good to see some good activity here guys :thumbsup: Would love to be able to join in but wish you good luck and a successful session. Hope to see some good reports later on :)

• Love Love x 1
  15. Dren Throwdown

Dren Throwdown

Ratings:
    +7
    Really sorry guys, called out for work so won't be back in time for this tonight. Hope all goes well and you get a race.

• Love Love x 1
  16. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Ratings:
    +1,234
    Was a good race, Congrats to Dylan and some excellent pit strategy. I couldn't make much gains on him after our strategies played out even running 2.01.8's. Finished with 3.6L of fuel in the tank after making a quick change in fuel strategy. Beside my couple of glitch spins my Pit stop hurt me the worst, not to mention staying out on Wets a lap longer than I should have. Was probably the most awesome race I've run in simulation to date.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Railer Cantrell

Railer Cantrell

Ratings:
    +330
    Not a good race for the #76 Ruf Porsche. Spun on lap 1 after hitting the curbing got some damage. Pit stop strategy not sure what happened but the race engineer has been fired for putting slicks on when it should have been wets. At least the pit crew was tested and they had problems too with losing a wheel nut then discovering a battery needing to be changed. Least I was able to get a few big gulps of fluids while waiting. Didn't see too many cars and after the spin it was pretty much a test session. From what I heard from the other competitors it was a very good race and no incidents to speak of, just good clean racing.
    So we go from the wide open asphalt of Silverstone to the kart size track at Oulton Park. Will the race be decided from pole position? Should be close racing.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,090
    Thanks to all who participated and made the race enjoyable (except for Railer, but I think he'd agree that even "testing" is preferable to mowing the grass). I was alone much of the race too, except for about 33% of it. During that time, either I was being hunted or hunting McNasty, but provided to be a very close, tough fair, and great opponent. We had some really tight battles, but my video cuts out at eight minutes in and boots back to the pCARS home screen every time...no matter what I try. Next time I'll be streaming. I'd rather take the risk than not get the race recorded. Another "booo" for pCARS...they sure are racking them up.

But despite all that, no race I've ever been in seemed more real. Railer, I too had to "talk" to my pit crew and even let one go, as the left front tire changer didn't even think to have a spare lug nut on him and cost me about 15 seconds in the pits! Moron! Anyway, you will be pleased to learn Railer, that all I got ws the start and a couple of good angles of your lap one crash. That grass was lifelike for sure...your car seemed to speed up and nail that distant wall. Of course, that is a fast section.

After that, McNasty and I traded spots a couple of time, as I really got lucky in the pits, when I came in for damage and took a HUGE gamble while it was raining to go to slicks and sure enough, on the out lap it stopped raining. :cool:. But too many mistakes saw McNasty catch me a time or two and my mistakes outweighed his, so he won a really enjoyable battle very rightly so. Everyone sounded like they had a pretty good, clean, and lag free (except for those super curbs Mike) race. So, with all the problems pCARS has been having recently, I'd say this was a moral victory. I wish I had the whole video. Thanks for the screen shot Michael. And NICE WIN Dylan. You really found some serious speed between the test race and today! :thumbsup:

Video One:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,090
    Video Two:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper

Ratings:
    +8,913
    That's such a shame about the replays Robert, this must be something that the patch has caused mustn't it as you recorded the whole of that pre-patch practice race a couple of weeks back. I guess it means yet another outlay on a recording device as I think with all the connection issues live streaming would be too much of a gamble.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.