• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

RACE ONE - Silverstone Grand Prix; 6/6/15; 10:00pm BST; 5pm U.S. EDT

Discussion in 'Xbox One | British GT Championship' started by Rob, May 24, 2015.

1. Matthew Booth

Matthew Booth

Ratings:
    +2,795
    Yeah it's been a disaster :laugh:

2. Dylan Hember

Dylan Hember

Ratings:
    +931
    It was a very long night!
    I seem to have to put a lot of steering in to turn the car, nothing has changed, same setup etc. But every corner i was 180degrees or more!

3. Dylan Hember

Dylan Hember

Ratings:
    +931
    Thanks for the race afterwards guys, had a poor start but managed to slightly pick up the pace.
    Raced on the hards all race, pit around lap 11 and was sat in the box for an extra 10secs because i couldnt choose my pit setup! In the end ot put me on a formula rookie setup with the tyre pressure sky high!

So i always had a front left constantly hot.
    Managed to get 2:03s from then on to end the race.
    Very consistant from me for once, unlucky to the other drivers.

Will have to look into setup though so i can win some actual racing!

Whenever i got close to someone, they would just pull away on the straights!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,090
    Obviously, either Microsoft (SMS blames them to a certain extent) or SMS need to get their act together on the multiplayer side. Right now, private lobbies are unplayable. That's not what I'm aiming to do here. The only possible solution may be to limit it to 6-8 guys, create two lobbies, and make sure they are on different continents.

I'm going to write a long note in SMS forums (for which I'll probably be banned) and then make an announcement here that says this league is postponed but we will keep trying Silverstone every week at the same time until we can actually make it work. Making it work means having more than 10 players in the lobby, or even a full lobby. There is no excuse for not being able to to this, since good 'ol Forza5 did it without a hitch in all the leagues I have run.

Sorry guys...I tried. Hopefully the patch will fix things. If not, I have an idea for another league...one that follows the "Zero to Hero" career path and we could simply run two lobbies of 8 or less. AND probably split the lobbies across the oceans. At least this kind of league would not take so much time to invest in and be such a disappointment when it fails. Which, right now, it's doing.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts

Ratings:
    +1,234
    Maybe Peter can be back and have a proper go at it with a wheel by the time they get this Multiplayer straight. Word of advice though.. what ever you do...don't press the Xbox Button on the controller your headset is plugged into by accident, when driving. You will bin the car. :(

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Ratings:
    +1,234
    I gave up a 7.5 second advantage over Railer by trying to pick up my controller after if fell off my rig. I must have accidentally pressed the Xbox Button and it took me to the home screen while my car continued on into the wall at the end of the Hanger Straight. Needless to say when I got back in the car it was pretty bent up. I see now I'm going to have to add a little holder for my controller so that doesn't happen again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,090
    Nice rig man!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Ratings:
    +1,234
    thanks thats all scrap wood and a few things from lowes. If you look close enough you can see my toggle for the wheel.

9. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper

Ratings:
    +8,913
    Wow, that sounds like one frustrating night. Really sorry to hear that guys :( I assumed something was up as I managed to get in to watch the Twitch feed from Boothy and nothing was happening for ages so I had to give up.

What exactly were the issues, was it just getting people into the lobby or were there other things besides that too?

@Robert Waddell don't go getting yourself banned from their forums buddy, we need to be able to get our points across to them and that's much easier from inside than outside :thumbsup:

Hugely disappointed to not be reading some great race reports and have some videos to watch but I'm sure that's far less than you guys that were trying to get some racing done last night :thumbsdown:

10. JamesU

JamesU

Ratings:
    +69
    Gutted for you, as i was looking forward to seeing the highlights - i would've taken part but i was a bit busy with other things (Also annoyed as an Aston Villa fan.... F*** you Boothy :p )

I think having different leagues is a good idea, it might even sort out the problem between the time differences - if we have two lobbies of 8, one for the USA and one for Europe, then the top 4 of each league race against eachother in another race at some point? That's just an idea.

I really don't want to be racing at 11pm anyway, i tend to usually go to sleep around 10:30pm meaning that i'm really tired halfway through the race too.

Hope SMS sort these issues out soon, really is a bit annoying.

11. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,090
    Yea, that's exactly the kind of setup I was thinking about. Sort of like a round robin format with the top three or so racing either after the first two races or on another day. More to follow. It would be something to do until they get this mess sorted out.

12. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper

Ratings:
    +8,913
    Can somebody clarify for me is it simply numbers or location that creates havoc with the connections? If it's the latter will you not just have the same problem in the top 4 races combining the US and Euro guys?

13. Ceaser

Ceaser

Ratings:
    +30
    I just generally a SMS screw up, I think our connections and locations have nothing to do with the game community issues which to be honest should not exist in a game at the this level in public. they really have let there customers down at the moment and really need to address a product which is not the product they promised to the public. It is a shame as this games has so much going for it and potential.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,090
    I agree completely. The old gen has been going it fine for years, as does FM5.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Ratings:
    +1,234
    I know Grid Autosport could support 12 people. I've been in those rooms on the 360. There may be some lag sometimes, but that is too be expected. As far as signal strength in the lobby, All the Euro guys were red to US guys and vice versa.

16. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,090
    I ran F1 for years, as did Peter. And Railer and I go way back in FM4. No problems there. I suspect they will get this ironed out.

17. Daniel Smissen

Daniel Smissen

Ratings:
    +1,597
    were you all streaming on twitch, this obv uses quite alot of internet, may have kicked you out because by streaming it made your connections not strong enough??

18. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Ratings:
    +1,234
    I wasnt streaming and I had major connectivity problems

19. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,090
    I was not streaming.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper

Ratings:
    +8,913
    I think streaming is going to be a no-no unless/until they really get this matter sorted out. But at least the replays can be saved for later uploading which is a positive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.