Race On Update

No-one posted this, so I thought I would:
J-F_Chardon said:
Just wanted to let you know that a patch for Race On has been delivered to Valve today. They will deploy it on the Steam content servers as soon as possible. The patch contains the following:

- (Finally) corrected Race On's Volvo C30 weight and inertia
- Updated Formula Masters' final gear ratio to prevent reaching the limiter on tracks like Monza
- Fixed a false cut warning that occured on Curitiba when rolling start was enabled
- Tweaked the location of smoke emission when breaking the Camaro engine
- Slight adjustment to the tyres grip properties

Not sure if it applies if you don't have Race On... this was posted in RR's Race On forum, and the download in Steam was listed as Race On too.

The update was announced in the Bug report thread.

Have to say that I have not seen any update come in yet, and haven't been able to look into it further. Had a really busy weekend. I shall look into it this evening to see what it is involved, and if it is an auto update, or a downloadeble patch.

Thanks for posting it Ross :)

Last night when I fired up my game Race On needed to be installed so I'm assuming the update was done. My girlfriend and I both drove the C30 and the it does feel better than it did few days ago. There is better weight transfer when cornering, it doesn't feel as twitchy as it did before.

My girlfriend noticed it more than I because she drives the C30 more than I do. As for the other updates, I have not noticed much.

I shall look into it this evening to see what it is involved, and if it is an auto update, or a downloadeble patch.

It's an auto-update. As Senad said, all you get is a little pop-up notification when it's complete. If you miss it you'd never know that anything had happened. There's no announcement on the news page and the in-game version number remains the same. I don't really get it to be honest... all other patches have been for Race 07 as a whole, not for a specific expansion. Is the tyre adjustment only applied to RO classes and no others?

Mark Gormley said:
Have they been anymore specific as to the 'slight adjustment to the tyres grip properties'?

No specifics. It's been asked in the patch announcement thread on RR, but no-one has bothered answering.

Indeed, it is an auto patch.Dangerous if you have several installations running, with Steam put OFFline.

Remember to update the game by putting steam online until the icon pops up Steam is finished downloading. If you have multiple installs like me (laptop, desktop downstairs for watching and testing purposes, gaming PC upstairs and dedicated server) to put them ALL online for a moment, so you will not have different game versions installed :) Especially rhe dedicated servers, since they are mostly in offline mode when hosted from home addresses.

I haven't tried the difference in handling the C30 f.i. Haven't been able to find some details about it as well. Those descriptions at the RR forum are very vague indeed. I shall see if I can get some more information about it.

Not surprised many missed the update as it was just a 4.4 MB download.

I also agree SimBin have done a poor job communicating what the patch did via the RO Steam page. SimBin can be very hit and miss at times!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 380 39.7%