RACE On patch coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Found this in the mailbox today:

Race On was our main release of the past months and our development team have been delighted with all your
positive comments and words of encouragement on that release. Makes it worth all the long hours ;)
Our hard working team have been very busy since RACE On went public though, and in the near future we
intend to release a new patch to resolve significant issues that you have been kind enough to report to us.
The patch will as always be backwards compatible, meaning that RACE 07, GTR Evolution and STCC owners
will also feel the benefits. The patch is currently in heavy testing.

• metroplex

In-game music is somehow disabled and yes, I have checked all of my settings. I do not hear any music while driving in GTR Evo and Race 07 - this happened right after it was patched via Steam about a month or so ago. I hear music in the menus, but not while driving.

For that matter, when I was able to hear music while driving (prior to this patch), I've been been able to find a way to skip to a different track.

Has this patch come out yet? I am trying to figure out why people's center tire temperatures always show as the highest, no matter what you do. I'm not sure yet if it's only when playing online, etc, but I know numerous people that have this issue. Any ideas?

We found out that the tire temps issue is most likely related to one of the driving aids such as traction control, abs, etc. I haven't tested them all yet but that is what it looks like, because it does this on Novice setting, but not on Pro. We allow driving aids because it allows some people that have to use keyboards to play and some new drivers as well. If I get time to test it and narrow it down to one option I'll post back. Hopefully the patch will take care of it though.

One of my biggest issues has to be the stuttering playbacks. My machine specs are AMD Kuma 2.7Ghz dual core 4 gigs of ram and an ATI 4830 video card. All my drives are SATA 2 and much more graphically intensive games run perfectly. Race On runs like a scalded dog too but on certain sections of track the cars seem to jump or stutter. It doesn't seem like a graphics problem as I am getting 60 FTP easy, seems more like the code for the game could be optimized more to eliminate whatever is choking it on certain track sections.

One other thing is I bought Race On and Evo. I installed Race On and then Evo after. Now if I click on my Race On icon it starts Evo but all the Race On content doesn't seem to be in there. Was I supposed to install Evo first? This is bumming me out. Oh and in Evo no matter which graphics setting I pick my Chevy front and rear bumpers change completely depending on how far way the car is from the camera. I don't know if this is some LOD thing but I don't see any other cars doing it. For instance when the car is traveling away from the camera half of the rear bumper has the air flow fins on the bottom half and it says Chevrolet on the upper half of the bumper. When the car gets far enough away the fins disappear and the bumper becomes one big piece with a larger Chevy logo that takes up the whole bumper. The front bumper does the same sort of thing with the deformation detail as well as my driver not having a face shield until he get close enough and then it suddenly appear out of thin air. I don't have these graphics anomalies with any other games and I have a lot so I am blaming it on sketchy coding. Any thought?

I agree. There is some wierd stutter. Mine produces full FPS as well, except for certain sections of the track. And it does not seem to be dependent on trackside graphics.

A feature i really would like, is to have both real and virtual mirrors simultaniously. In some cars, i can not see the center rear view mirror, and only have the left mirror. This means i have absolutely no clue if someone is diving up on my right. That breads insecurety. Now i don't like the virtual mirror because it just looks stupid with a black left mirror on the car. So some way to have the virtual mirror without having to close the real mirrors would be much appreciated.

I agree. There is some wierd stutter. Mine produces full FPS as well, except for certain sections of the track. And it does not seem to be dependent on trackside graphics.

A feature i really would like, is to have both real and virtual mirrors simultaniously. In some cars, i can not see the center rear view mirror, and only have the left mirror. This means i have absolutely no clue if someone is diving up on my right. That breads insecurety. Now i don't like the virtual mirror because it just looks stupid with a black left mirror on the car. So some way to have the virtual mirror without having to close the real mirrors would be much appreciated.

Well you my friend need to spend about 20 or 30 bucks and make yourself a FreeTrack head tracking system. I made one for about 25 bucks including camera and it is awesome. I use it in IL-2 1946 for dogfighting and couldn't live without it. I could tell you some awesome combat stories were using the FreeTrack made me feel like I was really there for a second. Check out these links and if you need help picking a camera or setting it up send me a PM. Use one of these and your mirror problems will be a thing of the past.

http://www.free-track.net/english/

One other thing is I bought Race On and Evo. I installed Race On and then Evo after. Now if I click on my Race On icon it starts Evo but all the Race On content doesn't seem to be in there. Was I supposed to install Evo first?

I assume you are talking about offline install from DVD?

Evo must be installed first, then it must be patched with the 1.2.0.1 patch or else the Race On install will not recognize Evo and install into it's own directory instead of merging and updating Evo.

So the steps are this:

1. Install Evo.
2. Patch Evo with this patch: http://www.filefront.com/13554518/GTR-Evolution-1.2.0.1-Offline-Patch/
3. Install Race On.

That will give you an integrated install with all content.

I assume you are talking about offline install from DVD?

Evo must be installed first, then it must be patched with the 1.2.0.1 patch or else the Race On install will not recognize Evo and install into it's own directory instead of merging and updating Evo.

So the steps are this:

1. Install Evo.
2. Patch Evo with this patch: http://www.filefront.com/13554518/GTR-Evolution-1.2.0.1-Offline-Patch/
3. Install Race On.

That will give you an integrated install with all content.

Thanks, that's great! Hey will I have the same or similar problems if I just install the steam version of both Evo and ON?

While there are A LOT of things I would like to see fixed and/or improved, I hope at least we can get some working gauges in the street camaro.

Edit: Also one thing that would just be fantastic would be to finally crush that micro stutter bug that appears here and there. The race series games are the only one's i've experienced it in compared to other gmotor games.

My micro stutter bug stopt when I dropt the shadows from MAX to Medium. I use Win7 X64 with a Phennom X2 550be and a GTX 260 and at the start of a race a had 20 fps + micro stutters, so a dropt the schadows to medium and I have 60 fps the hole race and no stutter.

The previous two posts up there hit a couple of nails on the head for me as well....1st: the race series is also my only Gmotor based sims that gives those stutter based issues & 2nd: it is deffinetley somehow related to "Shadows"!!.
I have just gone to Win7 64 recently and did see an improvement with it,i also discovered that an alt tab and set the game to "High Priority" in the task manager really gave big improvements,so much so i went and put all gfx to max including shadows,but then a day or two later experienced some of the stutters in a club event at 77 Mosport,usually add on tracks perform perfectly,the big problems are with stock SimBin tracks...
I would like to see this problem fixed,or i will keep getting pushed away further in to the loving arms of rFactor/GTL/GTR2...

------------------------------------------

mod thread hijack:
http://www.racedepartment.com/race-07-gtr-evolution-race-on/29467-1-2-1-2-patch-steam.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 401 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 271 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 259 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 187 7.7%