Race On Logitech G25 Help Needed

I just upgraded my Simbin file from GTR Evo to Race On. My G25 has gone from working fine in Evo to not being able to use the paddle shifters to shift in the Race On version. The shifters make a noise but the car stays in neutral. I have adjusted the settings to auto clutch and tried a few other things but I can't seem to get this working. Very frustrating.

Can anyone provide me some ideas to try?

I have tried multiple profiles including the default G25 with paddle shifter and I have created a custom profile as well.

I looked in the Logitec area with no success at a post addressing this. That G25 thread is a long one though so I didn't look at every page. The search function did not turn up anything though.

Sounds like you have \\"hold button for gear\\" enabled. Check your advanced controller settings in-game and see if it's turned on. Turn off if it is.

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried this setting but it was set correctly. Nothing seems to work yet. I can play with the stick shift sequentially but cannot use the paddles.

First you need to determine the hardware ID of the wheel (your G25 wheel needs to be plugged in at this point):
  1. Open Device Manager and select Human Interface Devices
  2. Right-click on Logitech G25 Racing Wheel USB (HID) and click Properties
  3. Click on the Details tab
  4. Under the Property dropdown, select Hardware Ids
  5. Under Value you can find the hardware IDs, which will look similar to:
    HID\VID_046D&PID_C299&REV_1222
    HID\VID_046D&PID_C299
  6. Unplug the G25 wheel from the USB Socket on the PC.
  7. Run 'regedit' from the run/search box in Windows 7
  8. Delete the following registry keys which correspond with the hardware ID found in step 5:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control \MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID _046D&PID_C299&REV_1222
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control \MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VI D_046D&PID_C299&REV_1222
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\V ID_046D&PID_C299&REV_1222~
  9. Plug in your G25 to your USB port.

This worked for me as such.

(Also works with vista or xp)

Good luck

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 237 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 165 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%