Race On: invalid game data

That's the message I always get when trying to start Race On.

I tried different DVD drives, checked RAM and still the game doesn't work. It works on an older P4 pc, so it's not the game.

Help?

http://www.racedepartment.com/race-...40-steam-says-game-currently-unavailable.html

Read my post on verify game data integrity - it sounds like the files on the problem pc are corroupted somehow, good luck, let us know what solves the problem.
Thanks

Nobody annoyed me. :confused:

EDIT: have been reading that other thread but I have this problem when I install the offline part of Race On. Steam won't even install at all. I alwas seem to get a .dll library thing error.

Yes, thats exactly what your game disc does also: installing steam and downloads the game afterwards :)

1) Go to www.steampowered.com
2) Download the steam client
3) Open steam
4) Create an account (don't forget to store your password somewhere)
5) Click Games Tab
6) Click Activate a Product on steam
7) Fill in your code (should be in the box or on the disc?)
8) Download the game
9) sign up for the RD racing club :)

When the download is finished you can either select to run it on or offline and the fun can begin :thumbup:

Thanks all for the help so far but I think it's hardware related.

I can't reinstall XP anymore. I can't update the display drivers anymore. Getting errors in both cases. It could be a memory problem or a motherboard problem. I did a memtest 387 and all was fine according this test.

Can you post your system specifications?

• AMD Athlon Duo core 2.8GHz 5400+
  • Kingstone 1066 DDR2 RAM => 4gig
  • nVidia 8500 GT
  • Gigabyte: GA - MA78G-DS3H motherboard
  • Since today (afternoon) a new DVD drive from Sony (warranty)
  • HDD 320 gig
I want to upgrade this pc but I don't know what kind of graphics card/processor to get. I'm interested in nVidia's new DX11 cards. I have had a real bad experience with ATI.

I got Race On working. I installed the new DVD drive, put the 4 gig of RAM in the other empty sockets and everything is working fine now, or should I say, for now.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 14.0%