Race On for FREE

mmm, that sounds a good deal. Wanted to join the event today but couldn't justify £13.99 for what might be a single race. If you get one or two, i could PP you some pennies over for it.
I have a bid on another Race On. Needs a few day though. If you'd pay me some bucks, I wouldn't blame you:-P But let's buy it first!
Sorry I have no key left right now:unsure:
Just had a look: 15 Euros on Steam. 15! Awesome. On Ebay UK there is no offer? None?!? Didn't find one just by now.
Anyway, be patient^^

I'd advice against buying Race 07 keys on Steam, instead head over to SimBins website Raceroom online and buy your keys there. They are cheaper there (10 eur for RaceOn iirc) and I reckon SimBin gets a bigger cut from it since they don't have to pay Valve. The keys sold there can be activated on Steam so in the end it's a little more hassle but saving you a wee bit of cash. :)

Good point, it was actually the Race On demo driving a muscle car that convinced me into buying Race 07 so I might just pick it up anyways. But a OT question; for some reason all those vids seem to look prettier than what the game actually looks like on my system. As far as I can tell I've maxed everything out Ingame is there any hidden setting or something else I should do to get more detailed tracks and cars?

Good point, it was actually the Race On demo driving a muscle car that convinced me into buying Race 07 so I might just pick it up anyways. But a OT question; for some reason all those vids seem to look prettier than what the game actually looks like on my system. As far as I can tell I've maxed everything out Ingame is there any hidden setting or something else I should do to get more detailed tracks and cars?
They propably made it look better by editing the video.

Definitely some trick stuff going on their; rendering the stills, up-scaling the video, motion effects, slick free flight camera work, lighting effects, etc.

This is about the best I can do with fraps recording replays in 720p on a modest PC with no Adobe Premier Pro or similar after effects:

PS STCC, STCC2, and Race On cars and circuits seem to have better graphics than Race07 and the other expansion.

PPS If you have the retro expansion you can get hi res texture update here for Poznan:
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=33031

Companies using bullshots to market their game saddens me, but I enjoy the game anyways. Yesterday I dived into the Nvidia control panel and set up a profile for Race which overrides the game settings on a few things like antialiasing etc. That smoothed out a LOT of jagged lines and left me with the impression that the game looked better. Though I haven't compared back and forth so it could have been placebo :p (the lines where smoother for sure though so I'll be keeping these settings.

The best thing about Race On is the Muscle Cars and Formula Masters.

Also the production cars, e.g.

Yes, very sorry, I totally missed out on the IFM! They are absolutely awesome. For me they feel more realistic than real cars^^
Don't car about production cars, but please buy it (you can have one of my keys for few bucks) for Formula Master!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%