• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Race On first impressions

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Mike Coleman, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Christopher Aponte

Christopher Aponte

Ratings:
    +9
    don't complain about mr coronel :)

Warren buddy, you can get rid of it by putting some old school rock music (like ac/dc, zz top :))....since I have the game I still have to hear the original music of it lol...it has been only cycling true my music folder

2. Paul Storey

Paul Storey

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't stand the menu music anymore, is there a way to change it? What were they thinking? Great game but poor judgement on the menu music.

3. Peter

Peter
    who cares

Ratings:
    +669
    Turn the volume down.

4. Ben Tusting

Ben Tusting

Ratings:
    +133
    Slightly offtopic, but i am interested in what would happen to people who have installed the offline version and then there's a patch update, is there anyway for them to get the patch?
    Because a lot of people do install the offline version as they don't like racing online

5. Dietmar

Dietmar

Ratings:
    +43
    I never installed the offline version myself, but there are patched published from time to time, which you have to download yourself.

There was once a discussion here on RD asking when a new patch would be released after we got already a couple of online patches.

6. Paul Storey

Paul Storey

Ratings:
    +0

I want some music just not that music lol

can i select the music from race or gtr via a command line in an option file?

7. Joe Stalans

Joe Stalans

Ratings:
    +0
    There is a "music" folder in My Documents\SimBin\Race 07 Install 2\UserData\.....

Put any .mp3 files in there ya want. Crank it up! Just wished I could extract "some" of the music from game to add too. I like a couple tunes. Any suggestions?

8. Paul Storey

Paul Storey

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome thanks Joe ;)

I wonder if I could get the formula 1 music the BBC uses?

9. Paul Storey

Paul Storey

Ratings:
    +0
  10. GAIAjohan

GAIAjohan

Ratings:
    +274
    That didn;t work with adding some shortcuts to music files.

Now some real mp3's///

And that works.

Fine some Audioslave and Soundgarden in the Race On menu..

11. Karl Strömer

Karl Strömer

Ratings:
    +1
    The soundtrack is not in that music folder. If one puts an mp3 or several in the music folder, will that override the original sountrack? And cycle the tunes you put in there?

12. Joe Stalans

Joe Stalans

Ratings:
    +0
    Right click the mp3 links and then left click "save target as" then put them so you can copy them over to the race 07 music folder. Thanks for the link!

13. GAIAjohan

GAIAjohan

Ratings:
    +274
    Yes :)

14. Lee Madden

Lee Madden

Ratings:
    +1
    to Mike:
    was there no boxed version of the expansion pack as you already have the others ?? seems a waist of money if there was ?? or is that just how it is ??
    seems a lot of people bought the expansion pack thinking it had STCC on as well...wierd that

15. Mike Coleman

Mike Coleman

Ratings:
    +2
    SimBin's publishers (Atari, BitComposer, Viva Media) do not make boxed versions of the "expansion only" packages.

I did not want to wait for Steam so I bought the full bundle. It was worth it to me even though already had STCC. Besides, SimBin's games in the US are always half the price of regular games. I'm happy to support them for great products even if it means buying some content twice :)

Honestly, I can't figure out why anyone would think they would include STCC in the "expansion only"????

It was perfectly clear to me since the day it was announced that STCC would be part of the full bundle, not the expansion. And the Steam purchase page seems perfectly clear to me as well.

Don't understand the confusion at all.

16. Troy Bjerke

Troy Bjerke

Ratings:
    +19
    Please - please - please - tell me how to:
    - STOP THAT AWFUL SCREAMING GUY @ THE MENU!

:bulgy-eyes:

17. Troy Bjerke

Troy Bjerke

Ratings:
    +19
    THANKS!!!

Great news!

I read back a few pages & have much better menu sounds now!

I am currently listening to "The Dead Weather"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scJ8ITsZsl4&feature=PlayList&p=0D876F13C66BEC08&index=0&playnext=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scJ8ITsZsl4&feature=PlayList&p=0D876F13C66BEC08&index=0&playnext=1[/ame]

18. Jason Dewhurst

Jason Dewhurst

Ratings:
    +0
    I would of liked to of seen/heard the voices on main menus actually in races to add a bit more realism.

19. Alex White

Alex White

Ratings:
    +1
    Have to agree with the above 2 bands :plus1:

I bought Race On and STCC the game for about £20, so thats 12 new tracks, and about 9 new cars. The Formula masters are without a doubt, the highlight of the game, they are simply incredible. the new imola is worth the £20 alone! , an awesome track. so overall, i am very happy with the expansion... and who knows whats next from simbin? :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.