RACE On announced

raceon_logo1.gif

The next scheduled release, RACE On will target all PC owners with a bit of petrol in their blood and comes with a very strong selection of new challenging content including the tracks and cars from WTCC season 2008 which turned out to be the best and most competitive championship ever. SimBin has recreated the epic 2008 season down to the smallest detail and now YOU get the chance to show the world who the real champion is. Jump in the car of your favorite racing driver and compete with the best through 12 unique tracks located around the globe including Okayama.

Race On also marks a new focus from SimBin with the inclusion of iconic Detroit Muscle cars suited for those who like to lay down lots of rubber power sliding out of corners on the rev limiter. Enough torque to drag the moon off orbit, full opposite lock and a big grin on your face.

To finish the new lineup SimBin brings you Formula Masters, a top of the line open wheel series, offering you even more speed and action than ever before. Extreme cornering speeds and simulated g-forces make this a true driver’s car.

But RACE On is not just new cars, it also features brand new American tracks in SimBin quality and it comes with a hefty update of existing tracks to 2008 standard. With RACE ON comes 5 brand new tracks all recreated down to minute detail.

As a bonus the game also includes the complete “STCC The Game” (The Swedish Touring Car Championship) which has previously only been released in retail stores in the Nordic territory and Russia. The tight and technical Scandinavian circuits and the wide variety of touring cars running in the series have already created a large following so SimBin is happy to be able to offer this package to the rest of the world including 7 Nordic tracks and 6 unique car models.

About RACE On
RACE On includes the following new content:

* 16 unique car models in 8 classes with over 140 variations.
* 12 tracks of which several never has been released by SimBin on PC.

RACE On will be available as a stand alone game including all RACE 07 content and an expansion pack for existing owners of RACE 07 will also be available.

All in all this makes up for:

* 39 unique car models in 17 classes with over 450 variations.
* 30 tracks and 17 alternate layouts, in total 47 tracks.

For current owners of GTR Evolution RACE On is designed to merge and fully integrate with the existing GTR Evolution. RACE On is scheduled for release in Q2 2009

Source: http://www.simbin.se/news.php?newsid=151

Bring on them Lada's lmao.

http://www.simbin.se/news.php?newsid=151

Very very very very good interview with one of the drivers

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_BJpNyGXSc[/ame]

Man what an interesting interview that was, pooh. Those question were really...ehm...attractive and even more intelligent.

This interview was a special request by Ben Tusting! He seems to be a fan of this driver!

http://www.formulamaster.net/2008/Calendar-2008.asp

You looked at the 09 ones, there is NO hungary and NO spa in 2008!!!

So you have to plan your tracklist again :p

http://racefreaksimscreens.blogspot.com/2009/03/international-formula-master-2007.html
:D

maybe not. It states that the WTCC will be 08 season, but doe not state that IFM is 2008, and as its a new license I figure they will probably go for the most up to date so that it will be more beneficial to the IMF series.

Nice, so I am guessing this add-on will give us a car almost perfectly placed between the FBMW(140BHP) and F3000(450BHP) the Formula Masters(250BHP) both the FMaster and the F3000 almost identical weight too and extra 50BHP would have been nice :).

What do you want to see in RACE On??

Ok, a new topic for everyone to chip in their ideas of what they would like to see added into the new Simbin game "RaceOn" I am not talking about new cars but features that you would want in the game. You never know, Simbin could read this very thread so get your ideas in :)

Everytime somebody says an idea I will add it in to the top-post (easier for Simbin to read ;))

So here we go:

• Ross Balfour - post#1 - More varied championships
  • Ross Balfour - post#1 - Choice of Night Racing
  • Ross Balfour - post#1 - Larger choices of race types
  • Bram Hengeveld - post#2 - More than 25 server slots
  • Dave Stephenson - post#5 - Improved realism of AI
  • Dave Stephenson - post#5 - Larger range of FOV setting
  • Max-Yvan Liegrace - post#8 - More Changable wheather
  • Max-Yvan Liegrace - post#8 - Active Safety Car
  • Max-Yvan Liegrace - post#8 - Improved cutting rules in Monza and Imola
  • Jamie Ralfs - post#9 - Better car impact physics
  • Jon Trotter - post#10 - Macau pit error fixed
  • Alan Pecanin - post#11 - Varied exhaust sounds
  • John Bergqvist - post#15 - Proper Flag rules
  • John Bergqvist - post#15 - Visble Pit crews
  • John Bergqvist - post#15 - Red Flag incidents
  • Jamie Ralfs - post#16 - Increased tyre Noise
  • Jamie Ralfs - post#16 - Louder engines in replay
  • Jon Trotter - post#17 - More control over reversible grids
  • Maddmatt - post#18 - Proper support for community mods
  • Dave Flowers - post#19 - Improvement of Online lobbies
  • Jarrod Crossley - post#21 - Grid Babes (LOL!)
  • Craig Hume - post#22 - A favourites list of servers
  • Craig Hume - post#22 - Small chat screen in timing
  • Craig Hume - post#22 - Improved pit box
  • Dave Flowers - post #40 - Choice of saving replay
  • Aritan Maia - post#41 - Dynamic Track Conditions
  • Aritan Maia - post#41 - Varied Tyre compounds

Heres what I would like to see:

More varied championships:

Things like choosing the points system, setting different classes get seperate points (Like WTCC, FIA GT etc.)

Choice of Night Racing:

I think everyone would like to see this happen. Night Racing would add a whole new dimension to the Race07 series (GTR Evo, STCC, RaceOn) not only having night races but choosing what time you would like the race to start at, and timescale effects like after 30minutes it stats to darken and slowly turns darker as the race progresses.

Larger choices of race types:

Things like choosing what drivers you want in the race, or if its a multi-class race one class gets a head start before the other class starts.

• Bryan Porter

Hello everyone. I'm new here but just wanted to post a few thoughts. I see a lot of people here aren't from the U.S.A but probably have a better grasp on the language than myself. With that said, I dislike most of our racing except for the events based on the European ones. Like the ALMS and the Speed World Challenge(NASCAR bores me to tears).

I'm happy to see the '08 WTCC season as I just started driving and watching them( they don't air it here so I have to buy the dvds),but truly wanted to see the Super V8s or ALMs. The funny thing is that if they do current muscle cars the two most prominent are in the game. The Viper and Corvette. The other new ones. The Pontiac G8 GXP and Camaro are both based on the Holden chasis. The older cars I've been in GTOs, Chevelles, Comaros, Firebirds, Road Runners, Vettes, Dodge Demon(my car with a 340) and Mustangs are great fun going straight, but on a road course they will be a handful. So I'm thinking maybe they'll just take a few cars from GTL and make the older muscle cars or use a few of the Holden based ones with the ones they have to make the newer muscle cars. Either way I'll buy it. Just wish they had gone more towards something else.

To end my scattered thoughts let me say I can see the reason that this game cost nearly three times as much in Europe and elsewhere. Most people in the U.S. are in love with cars going straight really fast or in circles in tight packs. Roadracing isn't as big or televised as much. It really is a shame. Thankfully the American LeMans Series is starting to gain more intrest. Maybe someday road racing will take it's place back on the top of the tier over here.

Since my trip to the USA last winter every american car is a muscle car for me compared to Europe. So even if they include my Japananese-American Toyota Highlander i would be pleased :) Anything will do when it comes to these cars..

[/ fanboy mode off]

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years