Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

No, I connected to the controller fine and without hesitation or stoppage once I got the TB. The controller is fine to be connected at the same time, either by battery or USB. It's the small USB connection that causes the problem, which is why it's basically luck of the draw.
Tried it this morning and it worked so no idea what the issue was last night. If its connected via USB I assume that can power it without the batteries inserted as well?

Tried it this morning and it worked so no idea what the issue was last night. If its connected via USB I assume that can power it without the batteries inserted as well?

If anyone has some time and would like to test out some open wheel and other cars for an upcoming Sunday Series (likely on off F1 Sundays) then I'll be on in about an hour for 3-4 hours.

It was nice to see 9 cars on the grid. Qualy, I couldn't seem to get the cars even into the 1:35's. Not sure what was happening but P7 on Qualy was fine.
Race -
Pace lap - please ensure you leave a big gap between cars so everyone can warm there tires.
Start of race - Had the inside of Peter Evans but couldn't hold the corner speed. Stayed 7th until the turn 4 debacle. I saw the Bentley in the grass by then and came out unscathed. Saw cars disconnecting and running wide and made up lot of spaces next few laps. Was behind Peter and pushed as hard as I can and I think he went wide and I went thru. Holy crap this Skydive Dubai #9 Porsche was running in 2nd place.
Was really gutted that Watts with such a commanding lead disconnected. I know Watts won that race and I felt like Schumacher and Barrichello at Red Bull Ring (former A1 Ring) race.
Looked at fuel with half the race gone and had 45L left. Went into conservation mode as I was keeping a 12 sec. gap that eventually went up to around 18 secs. Saw lots of passing back and forth behind.
Like Robert and Peter I hit that stealth object only mine was at the right hander after the 2nd chicane. Car felt like it was hit broad side and went way up on 2 wheels and thought it was going to roll. Saved the car somehow and got going again with no further problems.
Crossed the finish line with 5L in the tank so will ensure I am not going to be in fuel conserve mode any further for races.
I felt like Jarno Trulli winning Monaco because I knew the faster cars would have been way out in front if not for the disconnects.
Don't get me wrong, I will take the win though.
Look forward to a more proper course in Deutschland in 2 weeks.
The Skydive Dubai team look forward to keeping the cars on the podium and fighting for a win.

I was really stoked by the turn out, too Railer. Looking forward to keeping the RUF's at bay in their homeland. Deutchland vs Deutchland. It will take some work as Robert is showing some renewed vigor in that RUF pumping out some very fast laps. It will definitely be a great fight! Myself and Mr Cline will be on the attack there. Eric's F1 experience at that track, will come in handy when we get the Cars optimized and properly prepared by the teams.
I know we can probably run 12 cars maybe even 14, if the Party Chat was capable. As long as no-one loses an Engine we shouldn't have any problems with people getting stuck in the Pits.

BTW: I know you worked your butt off for that win in Oulton Park. And perhaps your bad luck in this series is finally over. :thumbsup:

I will be on Wed. night for some Nurb. laps. See who goes sub 2 mins. first. The Porsche or the BMW...eh Watts???
I look forward to this track also. As former 2 time Formula 1 World Champion (on the PS3), I have lots of knowledge of where to wreck at.
Should be fun race.

It won't take long teammate. I've been secretly testing...but I'm sure you will lead the pack. (Remember the "get your heads chopped off" clause in our contract that came after the Hungarian goodies?)
2:00.230 (Not an A.I. Driving :mad:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline