Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

You have to actually go a different route when selecting your car. You have to press the "my garage" option after you press car select (from the lobby) and then it gives you the icons or classes in there. Then you go to that class and car and then D-pad right and left through the liveries. Then you press "A" and it selects your particular livery and car, then back out. But I thought once you saved a setup to a track that was it. Maybe I'm wrong there, but I go to my garage just o be safe.
Ok I'll try this next time I race, wasn't aware that was the process.

Like i said though in the pre-race sessions it definitely had my setup loaded and the car was still not behaving as expected. Just one of those things i guess that we may not get to the bottom of but certainly very strange.

Ok I'll try this next time I race, wasn't aware that was the process.

Like i said though in the pre-race sessions it definitely had my setup loaded and the car was still not behaving as expected. Just one of those things i guess that we may not get to the bottom of but certainly very strange.
Oh trust me, you are lucky to have only one race ruined so far. I still can't figure out why my wheel just willy nilly loses ffb when a race start. That theory about snapping apps has no correlation to my issue. Neither does closing them (frame rate yes). If this happens again and it's fine except in the race, unplug your wheel from the USB port and then back in. It should "calibrate" and then be fine. At last, that's what I have to do, and why we have a pace lap. Hopefully, this stuff will be sorted within 24 hours.

Just to update, I tried your car selection method this morning in an online lobby but no go.... I select the 'Car Selection' option which takes me to the area for selecting my car and as expected all the relevant cars are there but when I tried to go to 'My Garage' it is locked.. (little padlock icon against it) so my only option is to highlight the car I want and press 'A' but it does not allow me to select a livery.

Yes you are right this problem has only effected me the once so far so I am just going to leave it there for now and keep my fingers crossed that it was a one off. But don't forget that I have only raced in two races so far and 'both' have fallen foul of bugs. At Oulton I was frozen out from second place with 4 or 5 laps to go :(. Not the greatest start to my online experience in pCars but I am keeping a positive slant on it as the game just has so much going for it and can't wait to get on track whenever I can.

when I tried to go to 'My Garage' it is locked

First I've heard of this. Anyone else having this problem?

When you say "online lobby" do you mean a public lobby or one you created? I now do all my practicing via creating an online lobby of just me. If you were in a public lobby this is expected, since the host can lock certain things. I was on at 7:30am your time but didn't see you. Maybe we can find some time to get together and test this stuff out. Then you would be certain that the connection would simulate the actual race. If I can help at that point, I will. I have seen my garage locked too, but I can't recall where.

But don't forget that I have only raced in two races so far and 'both' have fallen foul of bugs.
Oulton got me too. And Silverstone got me (it didn't matter) because my ffb disappeared on one f the pit exits. Can't say I'm batting 1.000 though. I really hope your luck improves. As you know, it's great when it goes right. But it's really beset with bugs. I figure the tradeoff is well worth it, but other opinions may vary. And I really hope the patch helps much of this. :thumbsup:

First I've heard of this. Anyone else having this problem?

When you say "online lobby" do you mean a public lobby or one you created? I now do all my practicing via creating an online lobby of just me. If you were in a public lobby this is expected, since the host can lock certain things. I was on at 7:30am your time but didn't see you. Maybe we can find some time to get together and test this stuff out. Then you would be certain that the connection would simulate the actual race. If I can help at that point, I will. I have seen my garage locked too, but I can't recall where.
Yes it was in a lobby I created myself but that was still locked. I don't know if that was the case at the weekend though as I never thought I had to go through that process so will definitely try it next time.

I was on between about 7:15 and 7:45.. weird as I never saw you on either.. just SentryBravo and Roist on from my friends list :O_o: They really should have a 'scratch head' emoticon lol

Reactions: Rob
Oulton got me too. And Silverstone got me (it didn't matter) because my ffb disappeared on one f the pit exits. Can't say I'm batting 1.000 though. I really hope your luck improves. As you know, it's great when it goes right. But it's really beset with bugs. I figure the tradeoff is well worth it, but other opinions may vary. And I really hope the patch helps much of this. :thumbsup:
Very few (if any) are coming through unscathed at the moment. I was less miffed about Oulton funnily enough because I had such a blast throughout the race, Saturday was a little different because it made it very difficult to enjoy any of the 26 laps.. But hey-ho onwards and upwards hopefully the patch surfaces tonight and then we can see what we have.

FWIW my "Speed Sensitivity" in the control settings (forget exactly where) is now 50% and it
Very few (if any) are coming through unscathed at the moment. I was less miffed about Oulton funnily enough because I had such a blast throughout the race, Saturday was a little different because it made it very difficult to enjoy any of the 26 laps.. But hey-ho onwards and upwards hopefully the patch surfaces tonight and then we can see what we have.

By the way, I don't think folks will mind a reset to race if in practice. We can always shorten it to the approximate time that was left. Rain may last a little longer, but, hey, that will be fun. lol. Also helps we are all in party chat.

Ah, Ok so rain in Qualifying?...looks like race ended up dry. Might want to test that weather, as I think it cycles, so it may rain again in the race if its set for every 30 mins.
30 min practice=overcast
10 qualifying=light rain
5 warmup=light rain
1:45 race.=light rain, cloudy, sunny, overcast, light rain, cloudy, sunny.

Last edited:
Michael, your theory would be true now that I tested it, but only because the weather is set to 2X. That means every 15 mins. So, for this race, I'll set it to "real time" so it more closely matches the actual race, which did not have a second bout of rain after the start, as far as I know.

Our total time = 5 X 30 mins. cycles (set at normal), so we never get to rain again. In theory. Otherwise, at 2x it's 15 min. If it rains set to normal, we'll just have to consider it the Spa rain Gods playing their wicked tricks once again. :inlove:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back