Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I'll be honest, the lap timer was on about 50 seconds and I was still stuck in the pits. Is there anyway of knowing how much of a tyre you use like on f1? I guess I should at least do a race distance in practice to work these things out
No it's just seat of the pants stuff Pete, feeling when the grip is going and the lap times drop rather than any actual physical gauge to look at. Those indicators at the bottom right I initially thought were for that but only seem to be to show temperature but I use the motec for that anyway.

I'll be honest, the lap timer was on about 50 seconds and I was still stuck in the pits. Is there anyway of knowing how much of a tyre you use like on f1? I guess I should at least do a race distance in practice to work these things out

You're right, the pits do take forever, and sometimes you even get stuck in them. But if you turn the option to change tires off and set the fuel to as low as you can go (usually race level) then the stop itself should be greatly shortened for the short races. Of course you need the tires for the long races, like Spa.

One thing I did notice when looking back at my replay was that the car I drove was not the one I expected. It was the Aston Martin GT3 but with a completely different livery that I’ve never driven before, I don;t imagine that makes any difference though does it?.

But how would that have got selected? I know to select your car in the lobby you press ‘Y’ and then scroll though them but there was no option to select the livery like there is if selecting a car in the garage where you can then scroll left and right through the liveries. I assumed that it would go with the one I last drove and was in my garage. That definitely wasn’t the case for me though as I was in the Oche 55 on Saturday (never used that before) and had been driving in the Vollmer 65 in my previous sessions. Any clues on this?

It will be interesting to see numbers for this.

Will be my first 2 plus hour race i've ever done as i have only gone grand prix distance before.

Just done my first spin, track looks beautiful with a sunny day and early in the morning, makes me realise how **** the graphics on the new f1 game are.
2.21.3 not that times are going to mean anything, I spun 3-4 times in about ten laps. if that happens on saturday im ****ed due to the length of this thing.

Robert are you sure your eyes read 60 laps lol

Perhaps you went back to your default setup, Peter. If the Livery was the only thing different the illogical solution would be that for this game. I always practice with my livery for the race.
The setup that was loaded in the practice, quali and warm-up session was the one I had been practicing with. I checked and double checked during the warm-up session that it was all correct. There's no way to check pre-race becasue it just dumps you on the grid.

Regarding pratice... Me too.. I had done my previous two practices using the Vollmer livery and have 'never' used the Oche so have no idea why I was put in that one for the race. How do I guarantee that I drive with the livery I want.. there seems to be no way in the lobby to select the livery, I can only select that from My Garage.. unless I am missing something.

Yeah my car wasn't feeling great. Was doing 1:58.5 with 60 litres before the race. Don't think I got there no low fuel in qual. My car felt bizarre.. Also, as soon as I started qualifying I thought I was in a different car. It had an Audi wheel, but the rest looked different and the driving position had changed.

I had problems at the beginning. Thought we were all having issues for about 10 minutes, then figured you were all practising so I reset. I don't know if that had any impact on my car.

Yeah my car wasn't feeling great. Was doing 1:58.5 with 60 litres before the race. Don't think I got there no low fuel in qual. My car felt bizarre.. Also, as soon as I started qualifying I thought I was in a different car. It had an Audi wheel, but the rest looked different and the driving position had changed.

I had problems at the beginning. Thought we were all having issues for about 10 minutes, then figured you were all practising so I reset. I don't know if that had any impact on my car.
That was exactly what I experienced Pete... the car felt completely alien compared to any session I had driven previously. I was running practices and races where I would always be into the 58's and 59's but in our race Saturday I never got close to those sort of times and had no confidence in the car at all. The car layout was the same though, just a different livery.

The setup that was loaded in the practice, quali and warm-up session was the one I had been practicing with. I checked and double checked during the warm-up session that it was all correct. There's no way to check pre-race becasue it just dumps you on the grid.

Regarding pratice... Me too.. I had done my previous two practices using the Vollmer livery and have 'never' used the Oche so have no idea why I was put in that one for the race. How do I guarantee that I drive with the livery I want.. there seems to be no way in the lobby to select the livery, I can only select that from My Garage.. unless I am missing something.

You have to actually go a different route when selecting your car. You have to press the "my garage" option after you press car select (from the lobby) and then it gives you the icons or classes in there. Then you go to that class and car and then D-pad right and left through the liveries. Then you press "A" and it selects your particular livery and car, then back out. But I thought once you saved a setup to a track that was it. Maybe I'm wrong there, but I go to my garage just o be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 418 16.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 281 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 276 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.6%