Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Great Race everyone, BMW's just didn't have the pace tonight, but I was happy my Teammate and I made the most of what we had. I could see the Bentley walking away from Robert on the straights. I never got that close as I made some mistakes early that put my team in a deficit. I suppose we'll have to work on our set-up some more and see if we can find some more speed, or perhaps just tighten the Nut behind the wheel. All in all fairly happy with the podium. Again I don't think the car had the pace to match the McLaren and the Bentley, congrats to a great race for Dan and Kevin. Robert that was a good battle for the first 10 laps or so, and nice Qualifying. :thumbsup:
Hopefully we can see some rain here when we return to the track in a few weeks time.

Thanks Michael. That was fun running in front of you for a while. Don't get to do that very often. Don't know where that pace came from. But my lack of consistency got me again. Chips was off to the races (no pun) once we started. I kind of let him by because I knew he has alien speed here and I don't think we both accelerated at the same time off the starting/finish line. In any case, after you it was Eric. That, as usual, was a blast too. He's such fun to race against and I'm glad we are close often.

Yeah that could have easily turned into a Mark Webber moment, when his Mercedes lifted off and when into the woods. Looks like the cockpit stayed properly intact. Did you see the crash at Daytona with Austin Dillon. He as going 196mph when his car was sent into the fence.

Seems to be that bugs and glitches are part of the games now..maybe they watched wreak it ralph and thought .....see glitches arent all bad maybe people will want them.lol
Ever since there internet became the norm developers have been able to release games in the state they do now because patches are easy (relatively) to release unlike the days when you couldn't download such things. Geoff Crammond never let the sort of bugs out of the door we see as normal these days. The internet had made it easy for developers to develop lazy habits and cut costs by not properly bug testing something they couldn't do back in the day. Nowadays we are the bug testers...

Yeah that could have easily turned into a Mark Webber moment, when his Mercedes lifted off and when into the woods. Looks like the cockpit stayed properly intact. Did you see the crash at Daytona with Austin Dillon. He as going 196mph when his car was sent into the fence.

That's pretty scary. Indianapolis, of course, and later IndyCar and NASCAR sort of perfected the art of the catch fence. Glad to see nobody was hurt there. The trick these days is to make them pliable enough not to sheer someone's car or head off, but to absorb and still be strong. Looks like that's exactly what happened in both videos. Live, they are so much beefier than they look on T.V., especially IndyCar and NASCAR.

As as aside...why Kimi is my favorite....
Q: What do you think will help F1 get the interest back and allow drivers more control.
A: They need to make it more dangerous.

Oh Damn. lol. Quite a shocker if that's that you expected. They take forever. Wait until you have to do a full stop. Last time I did, my stop took as long as the end of the race. But on a positive note, you didn't get stuck in the pits.

I'll be honest, the lap timer was on about 50 seconds and I was still stuck in the pits. Is there anyway of knowing how much of a tyre you use like on f1? I guess I should at least do a race distance in practice to work these things out

Reactions: Rob
Decided to revisit Nurburgring this morning as I had a bit of time to spare before getting my daughter off to a school trip for the week.

Checked the setup and settings and everything was as I expected then got on to the track… immediately I could tell the difference, turn-in, braking, corner exit were all as I remembered before Saturdays disaster and I was back doing sub-two minute laps for fun. The chicane which proved my biggest nemesis on Saturday was a piece of cake again, braking under the banner, down the gears, no unsettling of the car, quick left-right and accelerate away to the final turn. Not a hint of losing the backend in any corner at all :rolleyes:

Having looked back briefly over my replay it brought home to me how much of a struggle that race was, missing apexes, understeering around the tighter corners, waiting an absolute age to be able to get on the throttle.. nightmare lol. Definitely don’t want to have that happen again :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%