Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Great result Dan. Peter mentioned he had some trouble "feeling it" and I, like you, was much faster than I expected during the race. My problems were the offs, but it was fun holding off Michael and then Eric, who both eventually got past. Great race even at the end, where I damaged my suspension and had ot drive the last 4-5 laps with it. Thought Peter may catch me, but was lucky. I'll post the video in a moment. And the result. Great to see no issues besides a bit of lag. Congrats to Chips and Dan and Mike for the podium. It's great to see that we are diversified in our strengths, be it car or driver.
Well done Robert. Seems you had a very solid race :thumbsup:

Wasn't so much that I couldn't 'feel' it tonight just that the car was completely different to anything I experienced in practice. I'd go so far as to say it was not the same car if i didn't know i had selected the Aston. It actually felt a little like the RUF from when I joined that brief morning session with you in the week and didn't get the chance to change my car.

Oh yeah and it was great to are everyone finish the race with no disconnects :) oh and one more thing, as Roberts post shows the game reported that Pete finished ahead of me when in fact I finished ahead of him which I'm sure he'll confirm too :unsure::thumbsup:

Thanks for that info Peter. I'm not sure what happened in your case. When I got the note from you I was a bit concerned that aids were not on, so I asked everyone if the car felt different and everyone said "no" but I got a barrage of possible reasons (seems like you are not along, although you were today :thumbsdown:) including "deleted setups" and "wheel configuration errors" and "wrong tire selection either by glitch or accident" but I'm sure you checked your setup. Bear in mind that your wheel is still a Thustmaster and, that being the case, you could have suffered from the same think I did -- loss of ffb. I know you don't have it technically, but could this have made a difference? (Tip here -- a guy named "stux" on the pCARS forums has said that taking your speed sensitivity to 50 basically means 'none' and it has helped my car feel more responsive in the slow corners and less twitchy on some high speed straights).

Sure sounds like a nightmare but your persistence almost payed off, as I had to drive the last 6 or so laps with front suspension damage. Another six and you would have caught me for sure! But overall, that must have sucked not being able to enjoy it as usual. Let me know if it repeats itself and I'll run a few online with you to test again. Even though you can run online as one live person, this does not simulate the bugs in multiple player online for me. My loss of ffb happened in two different races today, and it's always at the start of the main event. (Glad to see Chips does it right in his league with a pace lap). Other causes that I can think of off the top of my head might include a bad connection to the session. I know there is a current bug with leaving and trying to get back in the race, but another invite may have helped. Just speculating. Otherwise, it sounds like there was some kind of bad setting applied to your car. If you had time to check, did you find anything? I'm sure you know this, but unless you go back to the garage after practice (anywhere and anytime I think) and save the setup in your garage, your tweaks are lost. Has happened to me several time. You would think I'd learn. :O_o: Also, I'm careful to go to my garage to check my car and livery from the online lobby. Just wanted to mention in case you are not aware. You can even load a setup from there.

Otherwise, here's to patch 2.0! I know we are all sick of being bitten by the pCARS gremlins. And again, very sorry and sad to hear about your experience yesterday. :unsure:

Thanks for that info Peter. I'm not sure what happened in your case. When I got the note from you I was a bit concerned that aids were not on, so I asked everyone if the car felt different and everyone said "no" but I got a barrage of possible reasons (seems like you are not along, although you were today :thumbsdown:) including "deleted setups" and "wheel configuration errors" and "wrong tire selection either by glitch or accident" but I'm sure you checked your setup. Bear in mind that your wheel is still a Thustmaster and, that being the case, you could have suffered from the same think I did -- loss of ffb. I know you don't have it technically, but could this have made a difference? (Tip here -- a guy named "stux" on the pCARS forums has said that taking your speed sensitivity to 50 basically means 'none' and it has helped my car feel more responsive in the slow corners and less twitchy on some high speed straights).

Sure sounds like a nightmare but your persistence almost payed off, as I had to drive the last 6 or so laps with front suspension damage. Another six and you would have caught me for sure! But overall, that must have sucked not being able to enjoy it as usual. Let me know if it repeats itself and I'll run a few online with you to test again. Even though you can run online as one live person, this does not simulate the bugs in multiple player online for me. My loss of ffb happened in two different races today, and it's always at the start of the main event. (Glad to see Chips does it right in his league with a pace lap). Other causes that I can think of off the top of my head might include a bad connection to the session. I know there is a current bug with leaving and trying to get back in the race, but another invite may have helped. Just speculating. Otherwise, it sounds like there was some kind of bad setting applied to your car. If you had time to check, did you find anything? I'm sure you know this, but unless you go back to the garage after practice (anywhere and anytime I think) and save the setup in your garage, your tweaks are lost. Has happened to me several time. You would think I'd learn. :O_o: Also, I'm careful to go to my garage to check my car and livery from the online lobby. Just wanted to mention in case you are not aware. You can even load a setup from there.

Otherwise, here's to patch 2.0! I know we are all sick of being bitten by the pCARS gremlins. And again, very sorry and sad to hear about your experience yesterday. :unsure:
No need to apologise Robert. not your fault buddy just one of those things.. Frustrating as I thought I could have been in the thick of it tonight.

I did check my setup before the race and everything was correct there so unless the game just ignored that I don't think that was the cause. The wheel responded as I expected throughout just that the car behaviour was very different to what it was in my practice's. The backend just want stable and felt like it wanted to come round on me all the time so I just had no confidence in it at all, especially at the chicane which I just had to take so slowly every lap.

I love the game every time I fire it up and hope this is just a one off. I'm expecting the patch to reach us 6pm my time Tuesday :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob
Oh yeah and it was great to see everyone finish the race with no disconnects :)

One more thing though, @Robert Waddell your post shows the game reported that Pete finished ahead of me when in fact I finished ahead of him which I'm sure he'll confirm too :unsure::thumbsup:

Again no comms from me, the mic was attached but it seems no one could hear me. Before we got in the lobby i had to have the chat headset on to hear everyone but once we got into the race lobby I could hear comments before and after the race through my headphones but during the race it was very muffled and overpowered by the game sound and became quite distracting too.

I may have to drop out until I can sort that out as I can't find any setting to prevent where you can control the voice output unlike on the 360 which enabled you to select whether voice chat came out on the headphones or not. Any ideas on that?

I'm not sure you should be able to hear anything through those chat phones. When I had them, I had to wear my Turtle Beaches over them to race. lol. So, somewhere, somehow, your settings are probably out of whack, although I'm not sure. Otherwise, the ear force one set is probably only about 15 Pounds or so, and *well* worth it. No intermittent issues. Oh, and that's another thing...your chat headset is very touchy on either batteries or USB. You have to reset it by holding the white main "X" button down and turning off the controller, then turning it back on again. In fact I still have to do this to speak initially, but once I'm connected, I don't get disconnected every 10 mins. This could be what is happening to you. But don't you DARE drop out! lol. We all trust you 100% and know with or without comms, it's much better to have you there.

No need to apologise Robert. nor your fault buddy just one of those things.. Frustrating AF I thought I could have been in the thick of it tonight.

I did check my setup before the race and everything was correct there so unless the game just ignored that I don't think that was the cause. The wheel responded as I expected throughout just that the car behaviour was very different to what it was in my practice's. The backend just want stable and felt like it wanted to come round on me all the time so I just had no confidence in it at all, especially at the chicane which I just had to take so slowly every lap.

I love the game every time I fire it up and hope this is just a one off. M expecting the patch to reach us 6pm my time Tuesday :thumbsup:

This sounds like settings then. Configuration rather. It's real easy to have TC/ABS turned "off" (since we raced w/o them in GP3). I believe that you individual settings will override the room settings (glitch, I heard, although I'm not sure it works the other way around). Are your assists off? I keep mine on "real" and let the lobby masters do what they will because I like that setting anyway. Just throwing things out there.

The only headset I can get here is around 60 quid and that's the Ear Force One's I think :/

It's more the distracting muffled chat through the headphones that I'm finding difficult apart from the fact of not being able to join in the chats :( lol

This sounds like settings then. Configuration rather. It's real easy to have TC/ABS turned "off" (since we raced w/o them in GP3). I believe that you individual settings will override the room settings (glitch, I heard, although I'm not sure it works the other way around). Are your assists off? I keep mine on "real" and let the lobby masters do what they will because I like that setting anyway. Just throwing things out there.
They were on as far as I know, at least they were in the last session I ran so shouldn't have got changed at all.

So sorry mcnasty. Moved on your inside and it lagged like ****.

Other than that. Nothing much happened. I pitted for no reason, then tried catching Peter H for the rest of the race. Hope I at least made your race slightly more fun Pete

Again, sorry mcnasty. Was having fun until that happened
Yeah good job Pete, it was the only thing keeping me on my toes and gave me something to focus on. Another lap and you may have had me.

@Robert Waddell this kind of confirms what I mentioned about the result screen being incorrect. Pete and my results need to be reversed :thumbsup:

Spa
British GT Championship
7/18/2015 @ 10:00pm BST; 5:00pm U.S. EDT
Practice: 9:30pm BST (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 10:00pm BST (10 minutes)
Warmup: 10:10pm BST (5 minutes)
Race: 10:15pm BST (41 laps, including formation lap)
(This is a "Long" race = approx. 1h 45m)
_________________________​
Actual Series: Fastest Qualifying Lap 2014 = BMW Z4 GT3 -- 2:21.381
Day: Saturday
Time: 5:00pm U.S. Eastern; 10:00pm BST (start of qualification)
Damage: ON
Mechanical Failures: ON
Tire Wear: REAL
Fuel Usage: NORMAL
Flags and Penalties: ON
Auto Start Engine: YES
Assists: SET TO "REAL" AND COCKPIT OR HELMET MANDATORY
Weather: SET TO "2X" PROGRESSION IN GAME TO MIMIC WEATHER IN 2015 RACE
Time Progression: 2x
Practice Lobby to open 30 minutes before qualifying, followed by a 10 minute qualifying session, 5 minute warmup session and then the race.

Drivers Signed Up:
1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Ruf RGT-8 GT3 #11
2. Michael Watts / Michaei Watts / BMW Z4 GT3 #82
3. Daniel Smissen / DANDAN140787 / McLaren GT3 #__
4. Eric Cline / McNasty0421 / BMW Z4 GT3 #83
5. Peter Hooper \ Hammerpgh \ Aston Martin Vantage #65
6. PeterEvans / Pulltheplug666 / Audi R8 GT3 #__

NOTES:
1. For races longer than one hour ("Long" races), at least one set of the softest tire compound must be used for at least one complete lap during the race. Failure to do so will result in that driver starting at the back of the grid in the subsequent race. This rule does not apply if rain is present before the softest tires are used. Since the game (and the actual series) allows tires to run for one hour or longer if managed correctly, tire wear will be set to "2x" so as to encourage pit stops and strategy. Practice accordingly.

2. Due to loss of force feedback on some wheels, starts will be rolling, but the first lap speed is 50mph maximum so drivers may reset their wheels, if necessary. We will then line up in the same order we started and the race will start (drivers may accelerate and pass) when the pole sitter crosses the start/finish line.

3. All League and Race Department Rules apply, with the stewards able to issue penalties even though no protest was filed. Please record your races and make them available via Twitch or YouTube.

4. There will be no breaks in between sessions, so be sure to take your break before qualifying if needed.

Championship points
The Avon Tyres British GT Championship awards points as follows in the GT3 class:

Races of one hour or less (including each race in a double header):
1st 25, 2nd 18, 3rd 15, 4th 12, 5th 10, 6th 8, 7th 6, 8th 4, 9th 2, 10th 1.

For races of two hours or less, points and a half are awarded:
1st 37.5, 2nd 27, 3rd 22.5, 4th 18, 5th 15, 6th 12, 7th 9, 8th 6, 9th 3, 10th 1.5.

Last edited:
Great Race everyone, BMW's just didn't have the pace tonight, but I was happy my Teammate and I made the most of what we had. I could see the Bentley walking away from Robert on the straights. I never got that close as I made some mistakes early that put my team in a deficit. I suppose we'll have to work on our set-up some more and see if we can find some more speed, or perhaps just tighten the Nut behind the wheel. All in all fairly happy with the podium. Again I don't think the car had the pace to match the McLaren and the Bentley, congrats to a great race for Dan and Kevin. Robert that was a good battle for the first 10 laps or so, and nice Qualifying. :thumbsup:
Hopefully we can see some rain here when we return to the track in a few weeks time.

If assists were all off there is no way with a pad i would have been able to set the 1.56 in practice and 1.57 race trim.
Also sorry if i moaned to much during qulai, but the frame rate issues which i thought was lag i think in the end were just xbox issues, during warm up i went back to the xbox home page and closed all the over apps i had open(friends,upload,the fancy upload ect) and this seemed to sort it out, during the week i had upped some of the settings as i had lowered them before patch to make sure i had a good frame rate, and when i ran 30 cars in practice race and it was all fine i just assumed it would be fine, so anyone who does get that frame rate lag it might not be connection related after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back