Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

It's cool. Just deleted the contents of GSCE folder and used Sync to redownload.

Not sure why this needs EVERY single GSCE system file in the download. It doesn't affect ffb so why is it there? It disabled mine. No amount of re-copying files fixed it.
Stupidly packed with no instructions for use. Modding is generally not too bad but this is a minefield with all those files that are there for what? No explanation as to what does what and where or why.

Agreed, a couple of unnecessary files included. angelq can you please see if you cannot re-upload only the necessary files please? maybe my games weren't affected because I had clean installs with virtually no files to begin with.
btw Bryan, can you perhaps point me to where i can also find a proper working real-feel mod for GSCE please? :D
I also got myself a FFB wheel last week, but to be honest I didn't feel a lot of feedback either.

Bryan need your help here bud. Would you mind testing my theory? Perhaps just make a full backup of your game folder first please.
I think I figured out what causes the game to "break"

Did you replace your .PLR file with the one attached?
Coz it is pointing to a .rfm file which we don't have. When I replace my plr my game also doesn't launch again.
I simply copied everything in, and when I had the 2 x rev counters, I followed the read me to disable the tachometer in my own .plr file.

I am a :poop:. Thanks for trying to help raey. you are probably correct - my sincere apologies. will re-upload a proper mod tonight. I forgot about the .plr file, and yes I didn't have to include all the system files that I did. I actually made that backup folder so that I can merely copy them to any clean GSCE install I might have and everything should then work fine. But obviously I have the mods and tracks the plr file is pointing to. So if someone can confirm that the mod works otherwise, I will make sure to correct the issue and point it to a default rfm of reiza. And I will make sure I get rid of all the system files that isn't needed.

angelq, maybe you could offer just the UI part as a workable mod?

Spotter, rFDynHUD and Wombats DLL are already available as separate mods, and it would be more straightforward if people could install individually the mods they want.
I was interested in the UI that you are using, but I did not download your mod as I would never download and install all four in one go - it is always likely to be more difficult to work things out when something goes wrong.
No offence meant, just offering another point of view :)

Sorry if I am being dense, but I cannot figure out what variables need to be included in the tool to show a new car. For instance, I want to convert the NSX from rfactor but I cannot get it to show up in the car listing that you flip through like the other mods.

Can you perhaps tell me if the wheel steering range was in the default UI - then we can try and get it working on this one as well. It is the one I used - I simply added the Amount of qualifying sessions option... so maybe we can add the Steering wheel range as well. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have a link Troy? I have both mods and the HV version is definitely better. Better sounds, better cockpits and better physics. However I'm not sure the version of the GPteam mod is the same as the one you posted. If it is that much better, please post a link.

Thank you,

FraPP!!!

Do you have a link Troy? I have both mods and the HV version is definitely better. Better sounds, better cockpits and better physics. However I'm not sure the version of the GPteam mod is the same as the one you posted. If it is that much better, please post a link.

Thank you,

FraPP!!!
The link i posted has the download in it but the mod crashes if you try to convert it to GSC with grumbels tool.

I have both mods and the HV version is definitely better. Better sounds, better cockpits and better physics.
What are you talking about?! HV version uses either default rFactor FBMW sounds or the ones converted from F1C9902 for every car, cockpits have worse LED and Motecs, and the physics are bad. The one I mentioned has proper sounds for each car (this solely makes that mod the better one), correct steering wheels (for example Jean Alesi used ROUND steering wheel in his car while his teammate modern one). I made whole new T-cams to match the real-life ones.

I even downloaded HV mod again, and I simply can't understand how on earth can you even say that HV is better... :confused:

frapp: see what you (I believe this was you) wrote at F1Classic about gpteam's mod:
But I really like the the drive, it seems to me to be very believable. And, the on-board engine sounds are absolutely awesome.

Last edited:
Bryan, if you don't want to use the files as uploaded... I will still upload them individually. This was my very first upload to the site and I rushed it - I am sorry.
I will still keep them together on this thread, because it's a quick fix for myself when i need to re-install or something and I always use these files as is... saving me time and effort (Provided they work this time) :D. I only ask that people have a look at it, and if it doesn't work... let me know politely without swearing or sounding ungrateful. Otherwise i will keep all my did to myself.

That being said I still take no credit - The original UI belongs to aysberg. The Spotteraddon belongs to carlomaker and F1Dave. I merely customized these mods a bit the way I like them... and most of all... got them working together in GSCE. Uploading update currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back