Race does not launch

SETUP
i9-10850k
rog z590-e
VULCAN 3080 oc
32 gb gskill 3200 mhz
165hz 2560x1440p
windows 10 pro

I recently got a new system and reinstalled all my games through steam. I installed cm and csp and tried it out. The race kept getting cancelled so I uninstalled cm and csp as well the assetto corsa itself on the steam program. I reinstalled it and tried running the game vanilla. I would end up getting it launched but when I want to start a race I would just end up going back to the menu or the initial menu of the game in which where I'll choose the car, track, etc.. I tried running force 32 bit and still it did not work. I tried different resolutions and 1080x1440p worked but it isn't my native/actual resolution. Many tutorials or fixes on the steam forum said double check the resolution and reinstall the game. I did all of those yet it still doesn't work. I saw a thread in steam that this may be related to my os which is windows 10 pro. Please enlighten me on what to do. Thank you.

I'd say the problem might rather be your .... firewall.
What happens ( not being able to launch a session with a return to menu ) can be mostly solved by authorizing acs.exe ( for 64bit ) or/and acs_x86.exe ( for 32bit) in your firewall.
Anyway, that's one of the possible reasons.

Last edited:
I'd say the problem might rather be your .... firewall.
What happens ( not being able to launch a session with a return to menu ) can be mostly solved by authorizing acs.exe ( for 64bit ) or/and acs_x86.exe ( for 32bit) in your firewall.
Anyway, that's one of the possible reasons.
Thank you for replying, I've added exceptions and authorized what you've mentioned. Sadly it still does not run on the 2560x1440p. Thank you for your insight regarding the matter.

Are your Assetto Corsa folder in the Documents ... totally new or did you just use a pure saved one of the previous install ?
I reinstalled twice AC in the recent past ( 2 or 3 years ) with no single problem at all even on Win10.

But always letting the game recreate new documents after just choosing the right resolution in the game.
I only just added the saved files for the already used controllers ( wheel, pedals and shifter ) and run a short session for control.
Only afterwards added other possible saved files ( replays, setups and stats ).

And only afterwards reinstall CM and CSP once I was sure AC was already perfectly working by itself ( and of course same for mods and tracks .... easy as I had saved JSGME's MODS folder with them ;) ).

NB anyway sure that your config won't have any problem for running AC with full options ! :D
when your problem will be solved

EDIT: maybe also check the VCRedist
By the way, I also have Win10 Pro but not the latest version.... I always wait for weeks or months if possible to update Win10 in case of big updates.

Last edited:
Are your Assetto Corsa folder in the Documents ... totally new or did you just use a pure saved one of the previous install ?
I reinstalled twice AC in the recent past ( 2 or 3 years ) with no single problem at all even on Win10.

But always letting the game recreate new documents after just choosing the right resolution in the game.
I only just added the saved files for the already used controllers ( wheel, pedals and shifter ) and run a short session for control.
Only afterwards added other possible saved files ( replays, setups and stats ).

And only afterwards reinstall CM and CSP once I was sure AC was already perfectly working by itself ( and of course same for mods and tracks .... easy as I had saved JSGME's MODS folder with them ;) ).

NB anyway sure that your config won't have any problem for running AC with full options ! :D
when your problem will be solved

EDIT: maybe also check the VCRedist
By the way, I also have Win10 Pro but not the latest version.... I always wait for weeks or months if possible to update Win10 in case of big updates.
I fixed the issue by reinstalling windows, I guess it doesn't work for me when I use the pro version. I reinstalled my os and opted for the home version and it worked. Thanks for the help though

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 332 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 463 39.2%