F1 2010 Race distance

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
waiting for my licence How long does that take?

RD License? Usually not more than a couple of days. Hang tight and someone will deal with your application :)

and on race distance, it's 100% all the way here. I think Ill be getting good mileage out of this game, I usually do full weekend spread over a weekend, but having the time does not happen for me every week. Hopefully Ill get 7 seasons cracked before 2011 is out :D

Yeah the only benefit us 100%ers get from running full races is the satisfaction that we survived (mentally) going the entire distance. I am still in awe of the real world drivers. We here in these sims sort of get to experience what they go through mentally corner after corner, lap after lap ... but we do not experience the physical beating they go through. Twice in my life I have driven a Formula Renault car (a lot tamer than a Formula One car) and these formula cars just beat you up. There is minimal padding in the seats, you sit on the floor of the car so you feel every bump in the road and your elbows and knees become tender from bashing into the sides of the cockpit every time you go around a corner. Simply amazing what these real world F1 drivers can do. Of course the LeMans endurance racers go through even more. haha

20% at the moment. The snowy weather makes the house cold and my hand cramps up after 5 minutes on the controller. Been racing with all aids off and all simulations on recently so will be looking at increasing the race distance too.

Excuses, excuses - haven't you heard of gloves. You may have noticed that F1 drivers wear gloves and have to use buttons and paddles etc. Now just get on with a 100% race and no more nonsense.:D:wink:

There is only one way to do it - 100% As I said before somewhere, there should be an option to save in game. Sure, if people want to use that to 'cheat' that's their poor lookout, but I'd use it if I didn't have time to complete a full race, or if other 'real life' stuff interfered (meals, visitors, you have to pop out somewhere, that sort of thing) - not to mention losing 40 odd laps of driving because the system decides to crash. :)

After all, you can 'time travel' in this game, so why not an in game save ability? :wink:

mod edit: posts merged - if you were the last person to post in the thread, please edit your last post rather than start a new one, Thanks. JC

And there's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. 36 laps of Malaysia done and what happens? The damn game crashes. No save, so right back to the beginning of the race next time I play. Damn it.

Well, for me I am still on the first year of a 7 year career in the Lotus and for this first year I am doing 20% races with short race weekend. In between career races though I am doing 50% races, no practice or qualifying at the moment. I would love to do longer but my time is limited at the moment and although I can get an hour or two most nights it's just not enough for 100% races. Definitely going to try 100% with the whole race weekend at some point though and my plan is to start a season in line with the real world F1 when the new seaons starts, although I reckon it would have to involve an overnight pause on the ol' Xbox to get through it at times.

Well, for me I am still on the first year of a 7 year career in the Lotus and for this first year I am doing 20% races with short race weekend. In between career races though I am doing 50% races, no practice or qualifying at the moment. I would love to do longer but my time is limited at the moment and although I can get an hour or two most nights it's just not enough for 100% races. Definitely going to try 100% with the whole race weekend at some point though and my plan is to start a season in line with the real world F1 when the new seaons starts, although I reckon it would have to involve an overnight pause on the ol' Xbox to get through it at times.

I used to do that as a kid with the old Geoff Crammond games - it made each race something special - something to look forwards to, instead of reeling off one after the other. I might do that as well. :)

Usually run 30% races, tried a 50% last weekend and I had time to work my way up through the field into the points (in toro rosso). Unfortunately it then rained heavily toward the end of the race, I pitted to change tyres but none of the AI cars did so I ended up coming last. Restarted the session a little disheartened and ran it at 20% to be sure of a reasonable finish.

Will be giving a few 100% races a go in this career season, I think they're long enough to get time back if you make a few mistakes. In 20% races there isn't time to recover from big errors so I find myself using flashbacks.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 189 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 247 13.5%