Race Department Forum Racing - Season 37

The 24th hour begins! Time to post 'Finish'
1654685854142.png

We enter to the final hour of the race and Kederer is extremely close to victory with a 78 seconds gap.

The first ever Le Mans 24 Hours Forum Racing is won by Courage Oreca LC70 driven by Tobi Kederer!
Congratulations to Kederer, but also to all drivers who managed to keep going for 24 hours and provided a great battle!
1654733685031.png

Race review and results coming after the race finishes officially...

Oreca Courage LC70 driven by Tobi Kederer wins the prestigious Le Mans 24 Hours Forum Racing. The German driver fought off TVR Rebellion's Jason Lutz and Bentley Speed 8's Jimmy Laad as the trio flew away from the rest of the field while battling for a close victory.

Laad couldn't maintain consistency as his 8th and 14th hours lost him plenty of time with long pitstops and off-track visits. While his Bentley showed great pace, the team couldn't go as smoothly as the leading duo.

Lutz made a rocket start by taking the lead in the early hours. After the 16th hour, Kederer dropped off, but 17-18th hours were terrible for the TVR squad as Lutz lost time in pits and spun off once. This allowed Kederer to catch up. After catching up to Lutz, Kederer dominated the last 4 hours to get the victory with a commanding 97 seconds gap.

The battle for 4th place was hot between Mark Lintner, Old Wolf and Sasha Jednak. But Jednak lost contact with a terrible 11th hour. After having a terrible first hour due to mechanical issues, Wolf was able to keep up with Lintner until the 16th hour as Toyota pitcrew screwed up the pitstops. Lintner took a commanding gap over the last two places and solidified his 4th place with his Pescarolo C60.

It is the 7th title for Tobi Kederer!

1654839490430.png

1654839555292.png

Thanks all for playing this experimental season of Forum Racing.

Last edited:
Thanks for the season @Omer Said !
Overall it felt a bit too long, reminded me of my first seasons where the calendar used to have 20+ races. Just way less contestants. The concept overall was quite interesting though.

As for how it went for me, didn't note start times or anything, but being in home office most of the time definitely made things easier at times. 6 wins in the last 8h definitely turned the tables, before that I really thought @rubaru has it in the bag.

This series was incredibly fun, and timings mattered a lot more than just order, making it very interesting.

In the end, a couple of bad hours lost me the race, but overnight races were the killer. Pretty much every overnight race was an hour lost to Kedy each time, which just added up so much easily.

I think a sliding scale of lateness time loss is probably needed for another game, as the three users who had slower starts were behind after hour 3 and really stood no chance. The rather than losing up to thousands of seconds an hour, maybe cap it at 100s per hour?
First hour after the 1st starts, it's a second per 2 minutes, second and 3rd hour it is a second per 5 minutes, 4th-12th hour it is a second per 10 minutes, and anything after it adds a second per hour.

That way it allows a stinky race to not be the absolute end of your championship challenge.

This series was incredibly fun, and timings mattered a lot more than just order, making it very interesting.

In the end, a couple of bad hours lost me the race, but overnight races were the killer. Pretty much every overnight race was an hour lost to Kedy each time, which just added up so much easily.

I think a sliding scale of lateness time loss is probably needed for another game, as the three users who had slower starts were behind after hour 3 and really stood no chance. The rather than losing up to thousands of seconds an hour, maybe cap it at 100s per hour?
First hour after the 1st starts, it's a second per 2 minutes, second and 3rd hour it is a second per 5 minutes, 4th-12th hour it is a second per 10 minutes, and anything after it adds a second per hour.

That way it allows a stinky race to not be the absolute end of your championship challenge.

I kind of like this idea where we are limited on how far down we can fall. That way I, too, wouldn't have to worry too much about going to bed at midnight and most of Europe waking up an hour later.

Let's take Sasha's result of being 12760 seconds back. At Lemans 2022, the winner's average lap time was about 3:47. This would have put Sasha back about 56 laps. The last finishing hypercar at Lemans 2022 was only 18 laps back.

Let's take Sasha's result of being 12760 seconds back. At Lemans 2022, the winner's average lap time was about 3:47. This would have put Sasha back about 56 laps. The last finishing hypercar at Lemans 2022 was only 18 laps back.
I did lose a wheel with 5-6 hours to go, so my laps until the end were in 10-15min range. Seams legit. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back