Race Department Forum Racing - Season 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
1620222854992.png

Welcome to the 35th season of Race Department Forum Racing!

Joining
Joining is quick and simple. Just make a post stating your interest to join.

The Races
The most important part of the game. A race consists of the moderator making a post containing the words GOGOGO. After this, you must make specific posts in a certain order and time span as quickly as possible, depending on the type of race. A race will end when every contender finishes, or when 24 hours (or more, depending on availability of the moderator) have passed since the last finisher.

Sprint Race
As soon as a sprint race has started, you have to post "Finish". The one to post first wins.

2nd - 8
3rd - 6
4th - 5
5th - 4
6th - 3
7th - 2
8th - 1
All others who finish - 1
DNF - 0

Start times
The start times will be spread like following:
- A race can't start on the same hour (in Serbian time, so CET or CEST depending on the season), and;
- Every day will contain two races, making a total of 14 races this season.

The exact start times won't be given of course. It's the player's responsibility to keep track.

Gentleman's rule
In order to keep the game fun and interesting for everyone, you shouldn't set up email alerts for new replies in this thread. Past events have shown that it isn't healthy for the game itself, and that's it's more enjoyable for all participants if they're not used.

Penalties
You can't get a penalty for timing infringements in a sprint race. In the feature race, each minute you post a section of the race early will earn you a 30 minute penalty to your race time.

Tagging your team mate/other drivers during the race to get them to finish sooner is allowed.

After you post, you are not allowed to edit that post for 5 minutes. If you post early, you cannot re-post that same order, you must carry on from there and accept the penalty. This also applies to posting the wrong thing, where you must wait 5 minutes and post the correct thing. Your time will be counted from the correction onwards. After posting one of the components of a race (Start, Pit, Finish), if the same one is posted soon after, it will be classed as a correction. This means that times will be counted from that post. Penalties can still be given out for double posting within 5 minutes.

Inactivity
If you don't finish several races in succession, you will no longer be waited for regarding results. Furthermore, your seat can be taken by a new sign-up. If you finish again after having lost your seat, you'll have to join a new team.

Calendar:
1604529324241.png

Standings:
1627248011439.png

Last edited:
I'm gonna let you do the tagging @Tim.E because I have no idea who is still active on this forum :roflmao:

Have not changed one thing from season 34. because I lack creativity
If you guys can agree on anything new (calendar, rule, anything) let me know, but as far as I'm concerned, last season was good enough.

Like I mentioned in the old thread, night races will be posted automatically with my app (like in season 27) and I'll be sound asleep :sleep:

you can start signing up now I don't need more reserved posts

Last edited:
Since we have 6 players so far, I am going to leave the signup phase open for a while until more people join, unless you want me to start sooner (but 2 already agree with me that it's best to wait).

Was looking forward to testing my post-reader app :)

This thread looks more dead than Haas' chances of a good 2021 season:(:roflmao:
Well I'm not dead :D
I'm looking at this, occasionally, waiting for new developments (either more players or if people just want me to start)

I guess I can take this opportunity to tell potential new players that the sign-up phase is still open

Last edited:
Well I'm not dead :D
I'm looking at this, occasionally, waiting for new developments (either more players or if people just want me to start)

I guess I can take this opportunity to tell potential new players that the sign-up phase is still open
I was not a direct dig on you Milos, hope you didn't take it that way :roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline