Race Department Forum Racing - Season 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 14 - Results
1627247717225.png
It was a very exciting race as the whole podium had a chance to win the race! Benutzername pitted first from the lead, but a pitstop mistake would have meant Omer and Jimlaad could overcut him. They both attempted it on the next lap, but both had similarly slow stops! Therefore, the order remained the same as the starting grid, which promotes Benutzername into 3rd in the championship! Jimlaad, who at one point was Kedy's main contender, drops to 4th in the championship, as he failed to win a race. Kedy had a calm drive to 5th, collecting the fastest lap as well.

@Benutzername We were a bit nervous during the pitstops, but in the end it worked out for you. How do you feel about the win and getting third in the championship?
@Omer Said Good attempt, but I think you knew you wouldn't win the championship here. But, with the slow stop, Jimlaad was given the opportunity to get 2nd in the championship. Did this stress you out in that moment?
@Jimlaad43 You had the chance to win a race this season, and take back 2nd in the championship, but your pitcrew threw it away. Are you angry with the team this race?

The results now show a 15th race so I could add the pole and fastest lap points.
Also, I kind of want to give myself a break from FR, so I want to wait about a month or so until I start S35. Unless someone else wants to mod?

Last edited:
@Omer Said Good attempt, but I think you knew you wouldn't win the championship here. But, with the slow stop, Jimlaad was given the opportunity to get 2nd in the championship. Did this stress you out in that moment?

It was indeed a tensive moment, but the team hold it together and managed to keep the race going smoothly. Very happy with the 2nd place in the championship. It is our best ever FR result.

Consistency was key once again. Omer definitely had the upper hand in the second half of the season, but the first couple of races cost him dearly.

I enjoyed the season a lot, especially the many sprint races. Thanks @Milos for running it :thumbsup:

Not sure I'll be back for next though, don't wanna end up winning it again. Feel I spoil the fun :unsure:

I don't know if we've saved Forum Games yet, but this has certainly helped.
I definetly tried my best this season, with the integration with real world events. :) (and driving to Mišeluk at 7am :roflmao: )
I feel like this forum is lacking a FFG style game, it was super tilting, but also the only game which could consistently draw a high number of players.

I'm down for RPS, could even mod since Tim is taking over FR

I definetly tried my best this season, with the integration with real world events. :) (and driving to Mišeluk at 7am :roflmao: )
I feel like this forum is lacking a FFG style game, it was super tilting, but also the only game which could consistently draw a high number of players.

I'm down for RPS, could even mod since Tim is taking over FR
We had Global Formula Automobilista until everyone pulled out for no particular reason...

We also had the GPTCC, my favourite series for some kind of arbitrary reason :D
Obviously due to the moderator. :cool:
more likely the DTM cars

We had Global Formula Automobilista until everyone pulled out for no particular reason...
rFactor-based games somehow manage to be more tilting than GP4. :roflmao: idk, the results are too random for my liking because the AI overall aren't great and I know Mark complained about the same thing

Last edited:
Allright here's my proposal for the next season of Forum Racing!
  1. Normal sprint races will be preserved;
  2. In addition to the normal sprint races, we'll have Reversed Grid sprint races. The player who finished last the previous race gets 15 minutes from the moment the race is GO! to post "Finish" without anyone else being able to post "Finish". The player who finished second to last the previous race will be able to post "Finish" after 30 minutes without the others being able to post "Finish" etc. etc. It is the players responsibility to look after the first possible moment when he's able to post "Finish". This should make it more interesting for lower placed players in the championship of players who just had a "One-off bad result" and therefore should make for a more exciting and close championship. Let me know if you guys think 15 minutes is a fair amount of time. What do think of the idea?
  3. The second new idea is to make feature races more interesting. Feature races will now have mandatory tyres that should be used. The idea is as following:
    Soft Tyres have a lifespan of 30 minutes whereas the Medium tyres will have a lifespan of 1 hour. It is the player's responsibility to use both mandatory tyres during the race. When the race is GOGOGO the player needs to post "Start" and also must choose on which tyre he wants to start. During the pitstops the tyres will be changed and the other mandatory tyreset will be fitted. I'll leave an example at the bottom of this post so you can see how it works.
  4. All players will have 1 home race where for that driver specifically, double points are at offer. This should make players want to perform better during their home gp's and will make for a more exciting season. The home gp's will all be normal sprint races so it will be equally difficult to perform well.

Feature race example:
The race is GOGOGO at 14:00 GMT. Player 1 sees the GOGOGO post and posts "Start" at 14:05 and also (IN THE SAME POST) chooses to start on the Soft tyres. These have a lifespan of 30 minutes so at 14:35 he'll be able to post "Pit". Just "Pit" is enough, you don't have to specify which tyreset you're pitting towards. Player 1 will be on the Medium tyres for the second stint. This means he'll be able to post "Finish" at 15:35. Had player 1 started on the Medium tyres he would've needed to wait until 15:05 to post "Pit" and afterwards he can also post "Finish" at 15:35.

This concept will give players the chance to choose the lifespan of the stints. If, for example, you know that you'll be busy the next 45 minutes it is more wise to start on the medium tyres instead of the soft tyres. This gives a more dynamic aspect to the game and a more equal chance for everyone to post the respective posts when they have time.

If there are any questions or remarks I'd like to hear them. What do you think of the new concepts. I know it's a long post but I hope everyone reads it carefully. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Is it me or did a lot of those texts end up as white and therefore unreadable?

That's a great and ingenious way to have reverse grids in this game, I'd love to try that out. Otherwise I say roll on Season 36! We just need more people taking part really.

Is it me or did a lot of those texts end up as white and therefore unreadable?

That's a great and ingenious way to have reverse grids in this game, I'd love to try that out. Otherwise I say roll on Season 36! We just need more people taking part really.
Whoops, I have my RD on dark mode so the text is white/grey-ish over there. Forgot there also was a white version. :roflmao:

Anyhow it's fixed!

The feature race change sounds fun.
But the reverse-grid mode will cause many penalties I guess.
I don't agree with the home-race double points feature, it is a huge boost for a one-time result. If someone gets lucky with their home race start time, they can gain a big advantage against someone who gets their home race started during midnight of their local time. 2-3 points extra might be nice, but 2x points is a bit too much imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years