Race Department Forum Racing - Season 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_Title.png

Welcome to the 33rd season of Race Department Forum Racing! After a hiatus of about half a year (almost as long as the one between the 2 latest Berserk chapters) the most famous Forum Games event is back.

Joining
Joining is quick and simple. Just make a post stating your interest to join, naming a team (F1, team and year) you'd like to sign up for.
A team can have a maximum of 2 drivers.

The Races
The most important part of the game. A race consists of the moderator making a post containing the words GOGOGO. After this, you must make specific posts in a certain order and time span as quickly as possible, depending on the type of race. A race will end when every contender finishes, or when 24 hours (or more, depending on availability of the moderator) have passed since the last finisher.

Sprint Race
As soon as a sprint race has started, you have to post "Finish". The one to post first wins.

Feature Race
When a feature race has started, you have to post "Start", then you have to wait 1h1min before posting "Pit", and after another 1h1min you must post "Finish". If you pit early, the hour and a minute is counted from the pitting, but penalties will still be applied. Times are based on the time stamp of your post (top left in the blue post-ribbon, hover your cursor over it to see the time).

2nd - 12
3rd - 10
4th - 9
5th - 8
6th - 7
7th - 6
8th - 5
9th - 4
10th - 3
11th - 2
12th - 1
All others who finish - 0
DNF - 0

Pole - 2 (Feature race only)

Start times
The start times will still be spread somewhat equally, so that no timezone has a clear advantage/disadvantage. However, there most likely will be no starts between 22-5 GMT (21-4 GMT during DST). I don't want to rule it out completely, but especially on weekdays it's unlikely to happen due to work and I wanting to have a good night's sleep.

Gentleman's rule
In order to keep the game fun and interesting for everyone, you shouldn't set up email alerts for new replies in this thread. Past events have shown that it isn't healthy for the game itself, and that's it's more enjoyable for all participants if they're not used.

Penalties
You can't get a penalty for timing infringements in a sprint race. In the feature race, each minute you post a section of the race early will earn you a 30 minute penalty to your race time.

Tagging your team mate/other drivers during the race to get them to finish sooner is allowed.

After you post, you are not allowed to edit that post for 5 minutes. If you post early, you cannot re-post that same order, you must carry on from there and accept the penalty. This also applies to posting the wrong thing, where you must wait 5 minutes and post the correct thing. Your time will be counted from the correction onwards. After posting one of the components of a race (Start, Pit, Finish), if the same one is posted soon after, it will be classed as a correction. This means that times will be counted from that post. Penalties can still be given out for double posting within 5 minutes.

Inactivity
If you don't finish several races in succession, you will no longer be waited for regarding results. Furthermore, your seat can be taken by a new sign-up. If you finish again after having lost your seat, you'll have to join a new team.

Driver abilities
Each driver has 3 abilities he can use for a race. Those are
- Up 1 place: You gain one position in the final race result
- Down 2 places: Your rival loses 2 positions in the final race result
- Pit 30mins early: In the feature race, you can already make your "pit" post after 31mins rather than 61.

If you want to use an ability for a race, you have to pm me before the race start, stating which ability you want to use. For the "Down 2" one, you also have to say which of your opponents should be affected. You can use more than 1 ability in a single race. You can only use each ability 1 time.

Feel free to make suggestions, or ask if anything's unclear.

Last edited:
Nice!

Thank you Toby for this resurrection.

About driver abilities:
- As you are the moderator, I will respect anything you implement on the matter. Personally I was planning to use a 3-card system where each manager starts with 3 special ability cards. They can use them 1-by-1 whenever they want, but they must PM the mod before the start of a race in which they want to use the ability. Cards were +1 position, put a rival -2 positions and 30 minutes early pit at feature race.

I would like to Join with Sauber-Mercedes C13 please.

Nice!

Thank you Toby for this resurrection.

About driver abilities:
- As you are the moderator, I will respect anything you implement on the matter. Personally I was planning to use a 3-card system where each manager starts with 3 special ability cards. They can use them 1-by-1 whenever they want, but they must PM the mod before the start of a race in which they want to use the ability. Cards were +1 position, put a rival -2 positions and 30 minutes early pit at feature race.

I would like to Join with Sauber-Mercedes C13 please.
That actually sounds quite interesting, if you don't mind I'll add it to the poll options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%