Race Department Forum Racing - Season 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesley Buurlage

Simracer Northern Lions Esports
Premium
So, here we are...
New Year, new host, and a new season of forum racing! After a break of more than 2 months the forum racing series comes out of his sleep, ready to go with all the blood, sweat and tears this series asks from you to be the best forum racer.

Note: changes for the season are marked in RED

How do I join?
Simple. Express your interest in the thread, say your full name (can be a fictional name), and your nationality (again, can be fictional). Find a team, or create one yourself. If you want to create your own team, there are some car designs to choose from here, or you can always request one to be made by either myself or some much better car painters out there. Or if you feel really creative you can make your own car. Here's a template to get started with. Just make sure the car has not been used in the past.

Races
The race officially starts when I post "GOGOGO" together with an attached image of the track, and some race information, such as the race type. When the race starts, the goal is to post "start" or "finish" as fast as you can, depending on the race type. Speaking of the types, those are:

Sprint Race
When a sprint race happens, you just simply post Finish as soon as possible

Feature Race
After GOGOGO, post Start as soon as possible. Wait the hour and a minute before posting Pit, before the same gap and Finish. If you pit early, the hour and a minute is counted from the pitting, but penalties will still be applied.

Endurance Race
After the race starts, post Start as soon as possible. You must then wait 6 hours and 1 minute before posting pit, this cyclus repeats 3 times, after 6, 12 and 18 hours before you are allowed to post Finish.

Rally
*removed*

The race will end when every contender finishes, or when 24 hours have passed since the last finisher.

2nd - 26 pts
3rd - 23 pts
4th - 20 pts
5th - 18 pts
6th - 16 pts
7th - 14 pts
8th - 12 pts
9th - 10 pts
10th - 8 pts
11th - 6 pts
12th - 5 pts
13th - 4 pts
14th - 3 pts
15th - 2 pts
All others who finish - 1 pt
DNF - 0 pts
DNS - 0 pts

Bonus points for Feature and Endurance races:
Pole (be the first to post "start"): 2 points
Fastest Lap (the smallest time between start and finish, penalties included in time): 1 point

Penalties
In feature and endurance races, if you post "pit" and/or "finish" too early, you will get a 30 minute penalty for every minute you posted it early.
Tagging other drivers and/or informing other drivers, in public, that the race is underway during the race is not allowed. When you tag your teammate, you will get a 2h penalty, and your teammate will get a 30 minute penalty. When you tag any other driver, you will get a 1h penalty and the tagged person gets nothing. You CAN however inform other drivers that the race has started through private messages.

If you post the wrong order (ex. "finish" instead of "start"), you cannot edit the order for 5 minutes. If you edit it earlier, you will get a 1h penalty.

Typos will not be penalised
I will also not penalise double posts caused by technical failures, however, you cannot edit the second post before 5 minutes have passed in forum time.

If you complain too much, I do have the power to give out race bans, too.

Start times
Each round will start at a different time. The times will all be based on GMT, in order to avoid troubles with daylight savings. Each race will have its unique starting hour, set by random.org, so two or more races will never start in the same hour.
The race may not start until 12 hours have passed since the results post, and it will start within 168h (7 days) of the results post.

Inactivity
When signing up for the game, you agree to take part for the entire season, not just a few races. Therefore, you are expected to take part in all the races. When you don't finish a race you will be classified as DNF. Collect 3 consecutive DNFs and you will lose the right to be waited for if you are the last remaining person to finish.

Standings
standings.png

Calendar
calendar.png

Teams:

Pegasus Annis Racing
annis-re-7b-png.165367

Drivers:
Jimmy Laad
Jack Laskey

Ferrari
TPKV303.png

Drivers:
Tobi Kederer
Andrea Dovizioso

Online Racing

or28-png.178875

Drivers:
Ben Utzer
Manolis Sigoulakis

Mclaren
*blank*

Drivers:
Aidan Keranen
Tapio Rinneaho

HAASN'T

6yny3q.jpg

Drivers:
Jason Lutz
Jordan Bradford

Honk Racing
honk-racing-s20-png.41540

Drivers:
Omer Said
Old Wolf

GENII
ic8yab.png

Drivers:
Árvai Máté

Last edited:
Drivers and teams, make yourself known.
i want to get everything settled asap, so i can do the graphics and prepare the test race, so everyone (especially me) is refreshed for the real season to start

Premium members, if old and possible new participants could be tagged, that would be appreciated

Firstly, can we all agree on a Gentleman's Agreement
Let's all agree to not use Email Alerts. Forum Racing has got boring with Email Alerts, and we should go back to when it was just good old time keeping and thread checking.
This will only work if everyone agrees not to use them. Kinda like in 2010 when all the F1 teams agreed to not use KERS.

We can't exactly enforce this, but in the spirit of the game, lets all take a step back, and Make Forum Racing Great Again!

Anyway, back to the banter.
Pegasus Annis Racing
annis-re-7b-png.165367

(Annis Racing, sponsored by Pegasus) @The_Laskinator

Firstly, can we all agree on a Gentleman's Agreement
Let's all agree to not use Email Alerts. Forum Racing has got boring with Email Alerts, and we should go back to when it was just good old time keeping and thread checking.
This will only work if everyone agrees not to use them. Kinda like in 2010 when all the F1 teams agreed to not use KERS.

We can't exactly enforce this, but in the spirit of the game, lets all take a step back, and Make Forum Racing Great Again!

Anyway, back to the banter.
Pegasus Annis Racing
annis-re-7b-png.165367

(Annis Racing, sponsored by Pegasus) @The_Laskinator
Bloody Michael chillin in that car. :D

Finally, the king of RD Forum Games is back!

I would like to revive Honk Racing:
honk-racing-s20-png.41540

I am doubtful about the e-mail alerts agreement. There might be fights like, "hey, you used alerts! I am sure of that. How can he finish so fast? etc etc..."

Edit: Credit to @Benutzername for the epic livery!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back