Race Department Forum Racing Season 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
FRS23 Main Image Small.jpg

Welcome to the 23rd season of Race Department Forum Racing! This is the fourth year of the FR v2.0 cars, and the garage is getting full. We have a dominant defending champion, can anyone stop him?

Joining
Just post in the thread that you would like to join, and choose a team: either by filling an empty seat, choosing a new team from the list, or creating your own team. To create your own team, use the livery maker, or just request a livery. Once you join a team, you may not change teams.

The Races
The most important part of the game. A race consists of the moderator (me) making a post containing the words GOGOGO. After this, you must make specific posts in a certain order and time span as quickly as possible, depending on the type of race.

Sprint Race
When a sprint race happens, you just simply post Finish as soon as possible. Finishing positions are based on the order in which the correct word is posted. Typos are allowed, as long as it resembles the correct word.

Medium Race
When the race starts, you post Start as soon as possible.
You must then wait at least 1 hour and 1 minute before posting Finish.

Feature Race
After GOGOGO, post Start as soon as possible. Wait the hour and a minute before posting Pit, before the same gap and Finish. If you pit early, the hour and a minute is counted from the pitting, but penalties will still be applied.

24 Hour Race
The 24 Heures du Mans returns, so we have a 24 hour race. After the race starts, post Start as soon as possible. You must the wait 24 hours and 1 minute before posting Finish.

Penalties
You cannot get a penalty for timing infringements in the Sprint race. In the other 3 races, each minute you post a section of the race early will earn you a 30 minute penalty to your race time. I will use Forum time for this, so be careful when cutting it fine.

There is also a ban on team radio ie: Tagging your team mate during the race to get them to finish sooner. If you do tag your team mate if they haven’t yet finished, the person who tagged will get a 1 hour penalty, and the person tagged will get a 30 minute penalty, just in case it did help them finish earlier. If anyone tags someone not in their team who has not
Finished, you will get a 2 hour penalty, and the person tagged will get nothing.

This does not stop you from contacting your team mate through the means of Private Messages. I will open up a conversation with each team, in which they can talk to both me and each other. Use these for Team Radio.

After you post, you are not allowed to edit that post for 5 minutes. If you post early, you cannot re-post that same order, you must carry on from there and accept the penalty. This also applies to posting the wrong thing, where you must wait 5 minutes and post the correct thing. Your time will be counted from the correction from then onwards. After posting one of the components of a race (Start, Pit, Finish), if the same one is posted soon after, it will be classed as a correction. This means that times will be counted from that post. Penalties can still be given out for double posting within 5 minutes.

Remember, I have moderator powers, and can see exactly what your edits are, so I can and will be strict on this.

The points remain unchanged from last season.

1. 30
2. 26
3. 23
4. 20
5. 18
6. 16
7. 14
8. 12
9. 10
10. 8
11. 6
12. 5
13. 4
14. 3
15. 2
16+. 1

Ret. 0

Pole (M, 24hr): 2
Pole (F): 3
Fastest Lap (M, F, 24hr): 1

Pole Position is awarded to the first person to post Start in a Medium, 24 hour or Feature race. 2 points are awarded for the first 2, and 3 in the latter.

Fastest Lap scores 1 point in all three races that give points for Pole. Fastest Lap is awarded to the person who completes the race in the shortest amount of time between their Start and Finish. This includes time with penalties added. In the case of a tie, the first to finish gets the point.

There will be separate awards for the people who gets the most Wins, Poles and Fastest Laps.

Wet Race
This season sees the introduction of a wet race. This will take place in only one of the Feature Races this season. At some point within 2 hours of the race starting, I will make a post saying Rain is falling, Wet Race! And attach a file. At this point, everyone who has started before has to pit, whether they have or not. You pit as soon as possible, and then wait the normal hour and a minute before finishing. When the rain falls, it resets the time, so even if you started the race 5 minutes before, you can pit and finish straight away. This means that there is no penalty for double pitting or posting early.

So, theoretically, the winner of the Feature Race could win with a time of 1 hour 2 minutes. If you haven’t started the race before the rain stared falling, you must start, pit and finish as if it were a normal race. The Feature Test race will be declared wet to try and test this out.

Start times
Each round will start at a different time. They are all based on GMT, to reduce any confusion regarding DST changing. Each hour of the day could start the race, and 4 will miss out. This should mean that every time zone will have times when it is advantageous, and when it is not. The day of the week that the race starts in will be randomised. Each day will have a race start on it 2 times, and 6 out of 7 days will have a third race started on them. Times and days from the test races will not count.

Teams
Each team consists of 1 or 2 drivers. Teams may continue next season, but I would like a new livery to be used, even if it is slightly modified. To join a team, either fill in a free spot, or look in the zip file provided for a free livery and post in the thread the picture.

Signing-up
When you want to join, tell me the team you want to join, your driver name and nationality. If you are licensed, I will use your name. If you are not: you can either still use your real name; you can make up a name based on your username (Jimlaad43 becomes Jimmy Laad); you can just make up a silly name; or you can use the name of someone famous. Each driver needs a first name and a second name. If either are made up of a few words, that’s fine.

Inactivity
If you don't finish lots of races in succession, two things will happen. Firstly, you will lose the right to be waited for in the results, so if everyone else has finished, I will get on with the results. If it carries on, your team mate is allowed to replace you with a new driver if one appears. If the booted out driver does finish, they must choose a new team to join.

Feel free to make suggestions or complain, but be prepared to back down quickly when necessary.

If you complain, and they are deemed to be without reason, and they persist, or you become rude in any way, I do have the power to give out race bans. If it ever happens, I will notify you with warnings in PM's first. Bans are awarded to teams rather then drivers, so even if it is only one driver, you and your team mate will miss a round. Bans will always be only in Sprint Races (unless there is no alternative).
Braziltables.jpg

Last edited:
Calendar
Brazilcal.jpg

Teams and Drivers
Please select your cars from this zip file, make your own or request for one to be made here. Teams will be assigned numbers later.

Benetton - Renault II
Benetton 1995.png

1: Tobi Kederer (GER)
2: Lesley Buurlage (NED)

Fresh from taking both titles, Tobi Kederer has stayed with Benetton for another season. The so-called "Team Unbeatable" has been formed thanks to the signing of S22 runner-up Lesley Buurlage. The Dutch driver will be looking to usurp his team mate in the standings, but will Kederer just be too strong again?

Ferrari II
ferrari-2015-png.80947

3: Xen Foro (GER)
4: Ben Herbert (GBR)

The departure of Buurlage and Said was a shock, but Ferrari weren't deterred as they presented their new car with new drivers Xen Foro and Ben Herbert. Both have had good results in the past, will the Prancing Horse be the car to send them into championship battles?

Apex Racing Team - Subaru II
ApexS23.png

5: Milos Ancevski (SRB)
6: Joel Rautavaara (FIN)

Apex just missed out on both their targets for championship positions last season, so need to improve. Milos Ancevski seemed unhappy with only two wins, but took the Fastest Lap trophy in the end. They admitted to taking a lazy approach to the livery, draping the car in a night time photo of the teams base, Monte Carlo, but somehow pulled it off spectacularly. If the performance is anything as good as the livery, this could be a very good season for the team.

Online Martini Racing - Ferrari II
OMRS23.png

7: Ben Utzer (GER)
8: Daniel Harvey (GBR)

OMR scored 3 victories last season, all of which were in a row. Ben Herbert left to join Ferrari, so team owner and number 1 river Ben Utzer signed debutant Daniel Harvey. The Teesider has impressed in other series', so feels ready to join Forum Racing. Boy Better Know that he's joined a good team.

McLaren - Mercedes II
mclaren-mp4-15-the-third-png.80926

9: Aidan Keranen (AUS)
10: Tapio Rinneaho (FIN)

McLaren had one good driver, and one driver who'd passed it and seemed to have lost interest last season, so slipped to a low constructors position. Aidan Keranen stays with the team, and is joined by debutant Tapio Rinneaho, therefore relegating Keranen to the second most Finnish driver in the team. :roflmao:

Mobil 1 GENII Mercedes F1 - Mercedes II
GeniiS23v2.png

11: Andy Black (DEN)
12: Andrea Dovizioso (ITA)

After some negotiations, GENII Mercedes F1 (Who've now gained Mobil 1 sponsorship) kept the same drivers. Andrea Dovizioso had a rather disappointing season 22 after impressing in his debut year. Andy Black impressed, but it still missing the crucial race win. Will the new car help them to break their duck?

Minardi - European II
Minardi 2001.png

14: Omer Said
15: Free

Omer Said and Steven Poirier both had topsy-turvy seasons, with highs and lows throughout. Said had a great end to the season, and is hoping to carry this on to the new team. Will the Turkish-Canadian partnership workout for Minardi? Will the team get a win this year? However, Poirier left after a few races, and Omer Said was drafted in to replace James Chant at Toyota halfway through. Dark times for the team currently, who somehow managed to get Said back a few races later.

TOTAL Nissan F1 II
Nissan.png

16: Rami Saidy (GBR)
17: Tim Engberink (NED)

Cedars team boss Rami Saidy has redesigned his team as TOTAL Nissan. The chequered car is an unknown, as is new signing Tim Engberink. Both drivers are determined to do well and only time will tell. Saidy was unfortunate last season with unlucky penalties, will he have learned his lesson for this year - and can he get a win that eluded him last season?

Toyota II
Toyota 2009.png

18: Old Wolf (GRE)
19: Omer Said (TUR)

Apart from the last two races, Old Wolf had an utter disaster in S22. The Greek driver was left without a drive as his team mate, and former champion, Manolis Sigoulakis left with the team. Not to be disappointed, the Greek driver has joined the factory Toyota team. Old can't exactly have much of a worse season than last year, so only time will tell if he can do better. James Chant is a former champion, and he had a Season with Major ups and downs. His season ended halfway through, and he was replaced by Omer Said. It wasn't over, as Chant soon returned. Will he stay until the end though?

Last edited:
Car Makers
Benetton - @kedy89
Ferrari @Jimlaad43
Apex Racing Team - @miki2000milos
Online Martini Racing - @Benutzername
McLaren @Aidan Keranen
Mobil 1 GENII Mercedes F1 - @Benutzername
Minardi - @Benutzername
TOTAL Nissan F1 - @Jimlaad43
Toyota - @Benutzername

Statistics
Wins
Tobi Kederer - 6
Lesley Buurlage - 4
Tim Engberink - 3
Daniel Harvey - 3
Aidan Keranen - 2
Andrea Dovizioso - 1
Joel Rautavaara - 1

Podiums
Tobi Kederer - 12
Lesley Buurlage - 9
Aidan Keranen - 8
Daniel Harvey - 7
Tim Engberink - 6
Milos Ancevski - 5
Ben Utzer - 3
Xen Foro - 2
Ben Herbert - 2
Joel Rautavaara - 2
Tapio Rinneaho - 2
Andy Black - 1
Andrea Dovizioso - 1

Pole Positions
Lesley Buurlage - 4
Daniel Harvey - 2
Tim Engberink - 1
Tobi Kederer - 1
Aidan Keranen - 1

Fastest Laps
Tobi Kederer - 3
Lesley Buurlage - 2
Tim Engberink - 2
Milos Ancevski - 1
Daniel Harvey - 1

Stats correct as of Round 20: Brazil

Last edited:
Mistake at the top ;)

"Welcome to the 23nd Season" :D

Anyways. Looking forwards to this. Hopefully it will be better than last year :thumbsup:

In, team TBA, teammate whoever is active :p

@Jimlaad43
Question on the wet race, if I start before it starts to rain I can pit as soon as it starts to rain, even if I've started only a few minutes before. If I start after it started to rain, do I have to wait 1 hour 1 min for the pit post?

Calendar has Brazilian flags for Bahrain on the right side ;)

Start times, I guess it's a typo and 4 will miss out this season, as well as six days with 3 races and one with 2 instead of six 3 and one 4?

@Jimlaad43
Question on the wet race, if I start before it starts to rain I can pit as soon as it starts to rain, even if I've started only a few minutes before. If I start after it started to rain, do I have to wait 1 hour 1 min for the pit post?

Start times, I guess it's a typo and 4 will miss out this season, as well as six days with 3 races and one with 2 instead of six 3 and one 4?
Wet race: If you start before it rains, no matter what you've done and how long you've waited, you have to pit as soon as possible, and then wait an hour and a minute to finish. As it says, theoretically, the fastest lap in a wet Feature race could be 1 hour 2 minutes.

Calendar: Whoops

Start Times: Whoops

@Jimlaad43

need a teammate hey.... not sure on Alex but it seems he is out, come help the German powered vehicles :roflmao:

Wet race: If you start before it rains, no matter what you've done and how long you've waited, you have to pit as soon as possible, and then wait an hour and a minute to finish. As it says, theoretically, the fastest lap in a wet Feature race could be 1 hour 2 minutes.
So if I start after it started to rain I still have to wait 1 hour 1 min before pitting?

• Deleted member 161052

I am in! I will drive this car...
new-genii-mercedes-f1-png.74626

The team is Mercedes Grand Prix but the team's entrant name can either be displayed as Mobil 1 GENII Mercedes F1 or GENII Mercedes F1 on the constructor table, because the first one might be too long.

Im in of course.

Online Martini Racing, Ferrari engined.

Hadnt done a fancy livery yet so just quickly done something on my template.
Hommage to our title season in season 19. First season of OnlineRacing on racedepartment.
Some Martini had to be on it, though so i reused some of the old car.

OMR.png
62e11d458e-png.41142

Edit: ANYONE WHO COMPETED IN THE LAST SEASON CAN BE MY TEAMMATE :p

Just message me.

Im in of course.

Online Martini Racing, Ferrari engined.

Hadnt done a fancy livery yet so just quickly done something on my template.
Hommage to our title season in season 19. First season of OnlineRacing on racedepartment.
Some Martini had to be on it, though so i reused some of the old car.

View attachment 80410
62e11d458e-png.41142

Edit: ANYONE WHO COMPETED IN THE LAST SEASON CAN BE MY TEAMMATE :p

Just message me.
Awesome livery, don't change it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years