Race City Motorsports Park (Calgary, Canada)

Tracks Race City Motorsports Park (Calgary, Canada) 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
EmersonSpeedRacerScott submitted a new resource:

Race City Motorsports Park (Calgary, Canada) - Multipurpose racing facility, permanently closed in 2011.

10 years ago today (Oct 21 2011) this racing facility in Calgary AB Canada closed it's gates. I spent many weekends of my youth at this track, and was only le to drive it in the last few years the track remained open. This was a bit of a passion project for me, and whilst I still have some improvements to make here and there, in it's current state, it has still got me shaking in excitement, reliving those memories. I've also attached a video here, from my youtube channel featuring a bit of...

Read more about this resource...

Firstly I have to say Awesome job! How did you get the elevation and the camber of the corners etc, is that just from memory or did you have some old data?
Is there anyway I could convince you to do the same for the kart track in Strathmore?

Firstly I have to say Awesome job! How did you get the elevation and the camber of the corners etc, is that just from memory or did you have some old data?
Is there anyway I could convince you to do the same for the kart track in Strathmore?
Thank you! Some from memory, and other areas I watched some old lapping videos people had posted on YouTube and tried to visually match it. (watching some old footage I see I got a few spots a bit wrong) but I do plan on doing the old CKC track near race city, but maybe one day next racing season I'll make a point to head out to the Strathmore track and get some reference photos and make that one too!

Last edited:
Thank you! Some from memory, and other areas I watched some old lapping videos people had posted on YouTube and tried to visually match it. (watching some old footage I see I got a few spots a bit wrong) but I do plan on doing the old CKC track near race city, but maybe one day next racing season I'll make a point to head out to the Strathmore track and get some reference photos and make that one too!
Awesome, I know that someone had done the old ckrc kart track for Rfactor years ago. I may have it on an old hard drive. I have lots of video of both tracks if you need

EmersonSpeedRacerScott updated Race City Motorsports Park (Calgary, Canada) with a new update entry:

Race City 1.15 (Fixing some things I broke in 1.1)

Just another small update, addressing some thigs a group I race with found, and some reviews mentioned as well.

-Revised track side lines
-Re-done Ai line (they're still maybe sporadic at times, but they actually complete laps again)
-Toned down roughness in track surface (Took a while to replicate, but one commenter said that the track was too rough, where I was finding the last update to surface detail hardly noticeable until I tried a formula Mygale 1600 then I did in fact find it far...

Read the rest of this update entry...

EmersonSpeedRacerScott updated Race City Motorsports Park (Calgary, Canada) with a new update entry:

Various updates, details, and improvements

-Added signs/billboards around the Oval, and a couple other spots
-Added Rudimentary GrassFX and RainFX (thanks whoever that was who helped me with that) and removed old grass objects (It lagged in VR for me before, substantially better looking and performing with GrassFX)
-Glass on buildings has reflections now (ooooooo!)
- Added track maps
-Added a 2nd version of the oval for online use, the proximity of the pitlane to the back straight caused wrong way penalties, and eventual kinks from...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back