RACE - Caterham Released! Review it here

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Go to your steam now and update it :)

If you update before 22nd of june they are free! So hurry hurry! Close your steam and re-open it! Update will start!

untitledzk2.jpg

• Hazard

Bug #1

The Toledo's now look like Leon's in the car selection menu:)

Was speaking to a developer the other day, and this is supposed to include a number of other fixes outside of the Caterham addition. See if any can be spotted.

Oh, and can we have some general servers up? Obviously RACE Non caterham isn't compatible.

“The decision to give away the full Caterham Expansion is our way of thanking our loyal fans,” said Henrik Roos, CEO of SimBin Studios. “This limited time offer is a tribute to the entire community, many of whom have been actively playing our games since the release of our first title, GTR, in 2004.”

Don't think we have to pay ;)

I had a good play around with this for a couple of hours, and must say I'm impressed. I've had none of the installation problems others have found, and not yet found any major issues.
I love the new tracks, very good quality and the replays look amazing, have they added some new moving camera options? These tracks will give a new lease of life to the WTCC cars.
I'm still trying to make up my mind about the caterhams. Very ugly (to me anyway), but great fun (and extreme challenge) to drive and a top sound. I'm still more of a Touring Car fan though.
Lots of subtle improvements to the overall game give it more polish.
Had a few races on line in the Cats at Brno without any Steam issues, but there were only two of us participating.

Overall (so far), hats off to Simbin. The best free game addon I can imagine. This suggests that WTCC 07 should be a real winner.

Well I did a few laps with these cars and wow.... awesome!

200BHP seems quite easy to handle, I didn't spend much time with them.
260BHP is a very nice car: I did a race session on Brands Hatch with it and I find it a nice challenging car. It's drivable, with it will trick if you are unfocussed. I like this car most of the three.
320BHP was just a bit too much for. I just couldn't deal with the major understeer at Brno. Even if my front turns into the corner, my rear just drags it away in a straight line. These cars are the real challenge, but they are a too big a challenge for me right now.

I also like the fact that you can actually lose your wheels, even online, which will blow your race. Adds a challenge for, as I can now not afford to hit the wall too hard.

I have yet to test the two new tracks, Estoril and Imola, but that will not remain for long.

Good expansion! (although not fullly debugged yet)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 93 13.7%