RACE - Caterham expension pack announced (release: 22-06-'07)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
CATERHAM EXPANSION PACK FOR RACE - THE OFFICIAL WTCC GAME

The CATERHAM Expansion contains three car models from Caterham Cars Limited in 60 different designs along with two new tracks, Imola and Estoril.

On top of new cars and tracks included in this expansion it also comes with new functions that affects RACE, such as an improved performance scalability where we have optimized track and car LODs, improved the options and settings menu’s to allow for more individuality when configuring the game. RACE Caterham also features a performance monitor that will help the player find the best possible graphical settings.

A new controller interface with more attention paid to the players wanting to drive the cars using joy-pad, keyboard or mouse steering. Other details are a keyboard hotkey control function of ghost to more efficiently toggle the ghost car on/off by a map-able hotkey, and the support for one race format as an option to the two race format used in FIA WTCC.

caterhamboxcover2.jpg

THE NEW CARS:
Caterham CSR
As the name of the expansion pack reveals the focus of this expansion pack is on the Caterham sportscars. To celebrate the 50 year anniversary of Caterham Cars Ltd the CATERHAM Expansion pack for RACE – The Offical WTCC Game will feature three different Caterham models in a total of 60 different variations, also including a concept car with a grueling 320 Hp which is true beast on the race tracks.

• Caterham CSR 200
• Caterham CSR 260
• Caterham CSR 320 Concept

Team and driver names will be based on real life SimRacing teams and their drivers.
This is done as a tribute to the loyal fans of SimBin games.

caterham_1.jpg

THE NEW TRACKS
We are proud to present two new tracks for the CATERHAM Expansion pack, Estoril and Imola. Both tracks have long glorious histories, and both are famous as great "driver tracks" demanding the utmost of both driver and car. These two new venues should be perfectly suited to see how the Caterham cars perform under pressure.

Estoril - Portugal
The Autódromo do Estoril (officially: Autódromo Fernanda Pires da Silva) is a 4.36 km (2.709 miles) race course in Portugal, and the home of the Formula One Portuguese Grand Prix from 1984 to 1996.

The Estoril circuit was built in 1972 on a rocky plateau not far from Estoril, Portugal, the beach resort lending its name to the circuit. The course has two hairpin turns, noticeable elevation changes, and a long start/finish straight. Estoril became a popular event on the F1 calendar, the setting for many well-known moments including Jacques Villeneuve
overtaking Michael Schumacher around the outside in 1996, and Riccardo Patrese being
momentarily launched onto two wheels after colliding with Gerhard Berger on the main
straight in 1992. Estoril was dropped from the F1 calendar for the 1997 season, though it continued to play host to top-level single-seater, sports car, Dallara World Series and touring car events, including the FIA GT Championship, the DTM and the World Series by Renault.

Imola - Italy
The Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari is an auto racing circuit near the Italian town of Imola, 40 km east of Bologna and 80 km east of the Ferrari factory in Maranello.
The circuit is named after Ferrari's late founder Enzo and his son Dino who had died in the
1950s. Before Enzo Ferrari's death in 1988 it was called 'Autodromo Dino Ferrari'.

It was the venue for the Formula One San Marino Grand Prix (usually, two Grands Prix are held in Italy every year, so the race held at Imola is named after the nearby state) and it also hosted the 1980 edition of the Italian Grand Prix, which usually takes place in Monza.
For safety reasons the circuit went through many changes over the years, resulting in its current layout. The layout featured in the game will include the changes to the Variante Alta chicane made in 2006.

INTEGRATION
The CATERHAM Expansion is brought to you either through a 2-Disc bundle found in retail and/or through a digital update on Steam for existing RACE gamers.

The bundle retail version includes the very latest game version of RACE – The Official WTCC Game on a DVD and the CATERHAM Expansion Pack on a separate CD-Rom.

Through Steam you can either download the complete game bundle digitally or if you already own RACE purchase the CATERHAM Expansion separately, in this case your RACE game will automatically be updated to the latest version.

www.race-game.org/caterham

Q&A
Q:Are the Caterhams gonna be in Race '07 too, or an exclusive to the Race'06 update?

A:How the Catherham will tie in with RACE 07 is yet to be seen... but lets hope for some good positive news on that one later ;)

TheStig[RPM said:
]I think that 28EUR is for the full game including the caterhams! When you already have RACE you only have to pay for the update i guess

yessir, that's what it says on the RACE homepage, so I figure a dozen Euro will be the name of the game. Only hope you can buy via bank-transfer 'cause not all gamers have a credit card ...

• Hackett

As much as I would like to race "Cats", The idea of tacking it onto RACE rather than RACE '07 just shows the greed of whichever department decided on such a decision.

Despite the proposed price drop for customers who bought via Steam. I'm sorry, but I am not paying twice (RACE-Cat addon - RACE 07).

I will just wait for RACE '07...

Brad.

Hmm good one, we have to find solution for that one. Maybe we can buy update-codes directly from Steam by massorder. RPM can pay for it, and you can transfer it back...

But lets wait what details will be announced more!

• Andrea Picchi

Race... Race Update... Race07...
:-k
buy three times Race in 10months..?
I don't think so!
[-X
but I'm happy for the fix in this update...
for whos will buy it, off course!
:)

Well, this my be a nice add on the fill the 4-6 months gap bewteen now and the release of RACE 07. If it is not too expensive than it might just be worthwhile. It seems like a nice follow-up for the Mini Tournament as well.

And: If I read well these are the cars where our names and teams are added in. I'm very eager to drive my own SimBin-made car, you know.

I'm positive about this. I hope they will intergrate these cars (along with the Scyp[RPM] car) in RACE 07 as well. It would be a shame to enjoy them only for a few months...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%