RACE: Caterham Expansion Released

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
SIMBIN’S RACE: CATERHAM EXPANSION PACK FREE ON STEAM FOR LIMITED TIME

Official expansion pack for SimBin’s acclaimed racing series available for limited-time, free download on Steam.

June 18, 2007 -- SimBin, a multiple award winning game studio, today announces that RACE: CATERHAM—the official expansion pack for RACE – The WTCC Game—is now available for free on Steam, a leading online platform for the distribution and management of PC games. For this week only, June 18-22, current owners of RACE can download the full version of RACE: CATERHAM for free. After the special promotion ends on June 22, the Caterham Expansion will be available for purchase on Steam (www.steampowered.com) for $4.95. RACE and the CATERHAM Expansion will be available together for $24.95.

“The decision to give away the full Caterham Expansion is our way of thanking our loyal fans,” said Henrik Roos, CEO of SimBin Studios. “This limited time offer is a tribute to the entire community, many of whom have been actively playing our games since the release of our first title, GTR, in 2004.”

Celebrating the 50 year anniversary of Caterham Cars Ltd, players now have the opportunity to expand their WTCC Experience and race these exceptional classic sportscars. RACE: CATERHAM introduces a total of 60 individual new cars/car skins based on some of the most exciting models of the Caterham sports car range, including the Caterham CSR 200, CSR 260 or the CSR 320 Concept, a concept version with a grueling 320hp. Racers can run the cars on two exciting new tracks: the legendary circuit of Imola and the former GP-track of Estoril.

=================================================================================================

Go to your steam now and update it :)

If you update before 22nd of june they are free! So hurry hurry! Close your steam and re-open it! Update will start!

My first impression of the 320 Caterham: Wow! This is what drifting is about :)

Hurry up and sign up for RPM's RACE - The Caterham Tournament: click here
Or browse the big RACE forums: click here

This is great new features!

I did a lap on Macau in my BMW and could really drive fast in the BMW!! Going threw corners without having wheel spin or oversteer.

You can also change camera's now IN the pit! And it will not change back when you exit the pit.

Is it a coincidence Simbin released this add-on two day's after we finished the Race WTCC Tour?? I don't think so! The BMW drives wild!!

* And they changed the way the grid is snow before a start. A list of all drivers is snown
* In Replay I can see all names off all drivers (Great for YouTube movies!)

• tiff needel

yahooooooooooooooooooo i think mine is downloading. i just started steam and it says updating race so hopefully its going to be a late night for me!

2 weeks of work also yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Soko

Downloaded expansion but cant start Caterham and new tracks. Restarted steam couple of times but still no result.
Did I miss something in above posts? Did someone resolved this problem?

I think you're the only guy who is not trying his luck in the cats, but thx for the info, will check all this out as the week goes by, i guess the €5,00 are well spent ...

:)

I've noticed the BMW doesn't run a 250 on the straight on Macua, but the handling is very well. You are right, I didn't test the cats. I just don't like 'm, I didn't in Toca2, I don't like 'm now. :)

I want to race the cars I see in the street.

RaceHearT[RPM];57385 said:
the first offer with free update i closed cause we appointed in racing club at 20:30 if i reminds me right ;), but get no server list after race update :(
So i closed steam restard my pc but i didnt get the offer again caterham for free and also no server list .... :cool:

I did the same thing ! closed steam after I received the offer, and now wen I restart Steam...no more offer :(

• tiff needel

Nismo if you goto page 2 of this thread you will see a link. copy it into your address bar and the pop up willcome. i had to do it to. When i first started steam it updated race but that was only to put the greyed out catheram section in then had to click the pop up to register and now its downloading. 250mb or something so it will take me about an hour. hope theres still people racing tonight when im updated. going to be a late night for me.

• tiff needel

im 19% downloaded. Hey guys is the password the same as it is in the normal race rpm server as listed in the racing club?

• Soko

250megs!!?
I`ve noticed that steam is updating my game but there is no way it could get 250megs in such short time. I thing it downloaded 10-15 MB max.
There is something wrong with my expansion. There is "1.2.3.0" mark in lower right corner but if I try to join Caterham server messege "You need expansion" pops-up. BTW in server list Caterham servers are marked "Unknown".

Huh, how to make steam to download full expansion pack without erasing all data and re-download? That would last too long. I want to try it now!

Well the update and the caterham pack has done nothing but give me bad news :(

First my controller causes the game to crash, so now so it's back to a keyboard for now and also when I enter a saved championship my lovely leon has now turned into a caterham. I exited and the restarted the championship and now everyone is driving a safety car!! lol

Is this update a joke?

Looks like you only get one bite at the cherry :( I updated Race and went to download the free expansion but was told my subscription not complete (it is) Closed Steam and re started.....NO OFFER ANYMORE !!

• Soko

OK!
Here it is!
While reading forum i`ve noticed one more steam window opened in the background. Look at it and there it was! Offer to register expansion. And now it is downloading full 250megs expansion.
I`m not sure but in the meantime I`ve tried one more, last hope step. To copy/paste above link into IE. All I got is DNS error in IE but maybe that gave a litle push to steam.

Thanks and cya soon in Caterham`s.

BTW Race is still running in the back ;)

Nismo if you goto page 2 of this thread you will see a link. copy it into your address bar and the pop up willcome. i had to do it to. When i first started steam it updated race but that was only to put the greyed out catheram section in then had to click the pop up to register and now its downloading. 250mb or something so it will take me about an hour. hope theres still people racing tonight when im updated. going to be a late night for me.

Thanks :) Found the link. It opens steam okay but no pop up .... I will rty again later. Thanks for the tip !!

I just went through the installation and everything went according to plan.
Here is what I did, maybe it helps some of you who are having problems.

I used this link http://storefront.steampowered.com/Steam/Marketing/message/1086/ ... clicked the button and got distracted by a Skype call When I checked Steam after that I could not see any Caterham stuff, but my regular RACE was updating itself. Then I browsed through other open windows and found an army green Steam window saying something like "start downloading the Caterham addon" or something to that effect.
Clicked that and voila, the main steam "My Games" list showed RACE - Caterham downloading.

To play RACE Caterham once it's downloaded you simply start RACE and then there is a new car class in there. If you do not see a RACE- Caterham in your Steam "My Games" list, you have not downloaded the expansion yet, you have only updated your RACE game with the latest patches and bugfixes. (Which contrary to rumour are for all RACE owners and not dependent on buying or installing the expansion )
(Oh and those of you who post about problems, please post again once you get it working so we can see the progress ;))

PS: Regarding community names. Many more names were collected than are used in this expansion, and this will not be SimBins last title. You connect the dots on that one ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back