Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Hey guys,

My G29 is all of a sudden not working in Content Manager. I can calibrate it in the normal game and it even register in Content Manager settings. The issue is when I go into a race that the wheel and pedals does not work. I have re-installed Assetto Corsa and Content Manager twice but still not working. Any ideas what can cause this? Works in the normal game and all my other sims too. only Content Manager giving this problem.

Definitely expect frame rate cut if you're running the same graphics settings as you would on a single screen.
I have an older 1070 and I can basically run stuff on high/max and get 100+fps on 1080p single screen, but no way I could run those same settings in VR (In fact its pretty much at minimum).

What do you mean by the View being messed up? The only noticable thing for me is that the UI is pretty wide where it's annoying to select which 'desktop' of apps to use once in the race.
Also you can't use AMD Fidelity FX option in CSP if you're using the Oculus renderer, as it makes the screen go all weird.

I recently upgraded to a Quest 2 from my Rift CV1, but currently and very much not satisfied with it. With the Rift I had most settings up pretty high and could sit at a consistent 45FPS in ASW in a full field of ~35 AI cars (even with some WIP mods I've been working on with no optimization).

With the Quest 2 I average 35FPS when alone on track with the exact same settings. I expected an FPS reduction with the increased resolution, but that's extreme.

Also, picture quality. I did some reading and saw a lot about how AirLink was comparable to the wired link in terms of latency and picture quality, and Virtual desktop was supposedly better, but it looks absolutely terrible in the headset. Honestly looks like a .JPG with bad compression, graphics look like they're a lower settings, too, and there's no AA in the headset, and the latency is bad. Currently I've got it running through CM with Virtual Desktop and SteamVR. That was the only way I could get it working with some sort of desktop in the headset (which I'd prefer). I can try to get AirLink working and just use my screen for the menus and launching the sim like I did with the Rift, but that's quite annoying (and it seems I have to go in and turn it on, on the computer, every time I go to use it). I'll do it if I have to, though.

Is it viable to do sim racing without a link cable?

Last edited:
Thanks for the link! I finally got AirLink working today and it's a bit better; less latency and slightly better picture. Still not great, though, and I'm still surprised by the FPS drop. I'll have to go through my settings and turn some stuff down, I suppose.

Hey everyone, I'm currently having this issue where when I try to save my preset it tells me
1631821353737.png

Any insight on how to fix this?

Does the folder "C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Custom Shaders Patch Presets" exist? If not, create it.

Or delete the folder ""C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\" completely and restart with CM from scratch.

I have a question about the "Starters."
first what do i do to make it back to default?
i used to launch from Simexperience the Steam App, and then run CM over that to race.
it just stopped this morning, so i was paying with uninstalling CM and reinstalling, checked the starters, and tried some starter setting, and now i can't find the folder to uninstall it, or even create a short cut

I see that Assetto corse now launches straight though CM, nope, after a restart it is back to Race Cancelled

how do i go back to normal?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1578763

when i'm playing the game peacefully, i get race cancelled, and here's the log, i can't stand that error anymore, i feel like i'm quitting this bugged game, or is it by mods i don't know
1632044847564.png

Attachments

• log.txt
    715.1 KB · Views: 221
I know an experienced log reader is more helpfully, but in the meantime.
First disable all your mods even content manager and start directly from AC.exe.
Select only Kunos cars & tracks and limit the amount of cars to lesser then 4.

Still no way of improving, then do an Steam an integrity check, beware this is like an game reset so your loose every adjustment. But its a powerful tool that is always working if it is AC software related.

I suggest deleting every trace of Assetto and CM and start from scratch. Test each mod you add one by one as you add them.

I used to have this problem and this is the route I had to take but it fixed it.

There is a very small possibility that your AV could be causing this as well.

Before doing this tho, what apps have you added to Assetto?

Last edited:
Me and my cousins are facing issues with the latest stable CM version.
We are using Fanatec gear (DD1 and CSL DD) wirh different wheels. We mapped the upper pedals on the Advanced Pedals Module of our wheels to look right/left, but it‘s simple not working.

When we press the pedals it‘s detected in CM as an input but ingame the driver is not looking right/left. We have tried to create a new preset for the wheels but no difference.

Any idea which setting could be wrong or is it a known issue?

I am having the same problem! Everything worked fine last night. Today, I can't get it to work. Sometimes the race starts but then I still get the error and content manager reopens even though the race is still going. I tried forcing the 32-but version just now and it started successfully, but idk what kind of performance impact the 32-but version has, so I don't consider that an acceptable solution or workaround.

Anyone know what's going on? There was a server issue the other day that affected CM, is this related?
I'll try that even if it is a few months
later

I tried something and want to share.
If you launch a race weekend, or quick race, the save presets need to match.
If you edit anything or have "random" skin selected in the preset, hope you have a skin for that, and the total cars can't exceed either set "preset" save even if it should be one, there are two similar but unequal files.
Also don't exceed garage numbers,,
And all folder names for cars selected should start with a lower case, and in the details of a race preset, make sure the car names are managed to match the folders even if you change something.

Go to the folders in CM for race presets and clean it out, and start fresh

Hi all, I am having issue with CM today - it has all been working fine in the last many months.
I have a T150 and everything is configured and detected fine in CM control mapping screen, but as soon as I am in a race, none of the control works - except the "Options" button on my wheel which pauses the game. The driver's arms are not moving at all if I rotate the wheel.

However, switching the control in CM to use keyboard and it works, also, launching AC from steam without CM my t150 works flawlessly (using the same preset as I do in CM)

Has anyone encountered issue like this before?
Thanks!!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing