Race accident at Brands Hatch with mini

Hi,

Yesterday i started a 25 pack mini race on Brands Hatch. 24 rounds at 100% AI with no aids and cockpit view.
I poled at 4ht place and directly after the start the AI tapped me from behind at Paddock Hills bend. Luckily i could recover but i lost two places. During the race i managed to regain those two places putting me back on pos 4. Due to a later braking point before Druids bend i gained in on nr4. My mind was set for pos 3 so in the last lap i was able to brake him out. While i was aware that he was on my side i tried to stay on my line. At the straight i was quicker and i had a "schummi" moment....also did he:)

So what do you think? Is this "just a ordinary race accident". Is it my fault or his? All i can tell that i knew he was somewere on that leftcorner. Allthough i couldn't see him anymore i heard his engine. I thought he would gassed off but he didn't:frown:

who is who?

The outer car probably shouldn't have turned in but if that's the AI then I can understand it as he's on the racing line. AI sucks generally.

btw, if you put your video in video tags it will embed in the page :wink:

Code:
[noparse] [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh9bZHGHUWM[/video] [/noparse]

who is who?

The outer car probably shouldn't have turned in but if that's the AI then I can understand it as he's on the racing line. AI sucks generally.

btw, if you put your video in video tags it will embed in the page :wink:

Code:
[noparse] [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh9bZHGHUWM[/video] [/noparse]

Well....im the "quest" guy (white), on the outside. In that case is was my "fault" as you say. During the moment i expected that he would let go off the gas. If he would have been next to me i wouldn't have gone to the inside but is this scenario i thought that i was right and he was wrong...

Thanks for the vid trick, i edited my post but i cant see it embedded:confused:

Its better than rFactor but still not good enough to have exciting races.

Normal racing rules would give the benefit of the doubt to the dark car for two reasons:
- at the moment of steering in of the white car the darker car is equal or passed the rear wheels of the white car. White should let hiim go.
- darker car can't avoid the white car as he steers in too soon. Extrapolate the racing line of white and you see he will cut the inside grassy area. Not clean defending imo

I edit talent files and track files to make the AI suit perfectly for me so I always have fantastic close offline races.

In this incident I think it was a racing incident, you turned into the AI driver but the AI driver didn't lift off to avoid you (As it's a computer :D)

I edit talent files and track files to make the AI suit perfectly for me so I always have fantastic close offline races.

In this incident I think it was a racing incident, you turned into the AI driver but the AI driver didn't lift off to avoid you (As it's a computer :D)

Well...looking back at the replay for serveral times i must admit that i was to agressive by steering hard to the left...Another thing ive learned:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 259 13.5%