Race #9, Valencia: Post Race Discussion

to be very honest Pedro i watched that replay of your incident with me and i wouldnt blame myself 100% from it first of all before that corner in stragiht you got blocked pretty hard by del piccolo and that caused you have slow tops at braking point 6th gear or so and you still broke at 100m and since i was doing 310 or something and broke on very same 100m it was pretty easy to predict hit but i always braked at that same spot where i broke to hit you so sorry for misjudge of your speed but its unfair to blame it all on me

I know sami, it isnt 100% your fault i know, but its your mistake as well, but in the end i lost 1st place not cause of your mistake, because aftet that incident i managed to pass ivan once more for the lead.

No offence sami, But you should of judged your gap to the car infront especially a lead car! I dont know the details of the incident!!!!But i did see the broadcast! And i think you could of done a little better to avoid the contact especially as pedro was lapping you!!!! (im still on your side tho;)....you coulda taken a wing off him or something, that woulda been nice!!!!!!!)

@ Pedro: Regarding server issues....I was very very annoyed after the race as i am trying to catchup points in the championship after not racing the first 4...i woulda had p3 which was looking great!!! Then got disco as we all know! The thing that dissappointed me the most is after monaco where i had some lag issues....i spent alot of money on my connection and made steps for it to be as stable as possible....when i checked after the race my connection never dropped! Thats why i was initially so angry, But now after a chat with my team boss im ok again!

But I woulda have been happier if the results were taken from the lap of the disco's....i think that would be fairer than drivers gaining from having a dnf on the last lap due to engine or like mark a crash from p2-p5
However i dont think anything will change which is a shame....as this could effect your championship tittle pedro;) (doubt it tho!!!)

Ya ben, agree with you in that part that they should count results before the DC since it was a server side problem wich made 2 of the top 5 to get disco and 2 other guys under 10th. But well, still dunno really what will be done if it will be done anything. On another note a bit weird is that i got DC at same time as you when i was infront of you and still you gained more points than me, like its saying in GPCOS you are 10th and iam 11th. Replay shows me infront but gpcos seems to get it different not sure why lol

I want a rerun to, seeing my pace in the final 20 laps i think i make a good chance to beat the pmo guys.:eek:

Anyway back to real now, can you guys please quit moaning about this dc problem. Its like in real racing when you DNF due to a reason that you dont have in youre own hands. Its something that can happen and its part of racing, i have had DC in the past as well and accepted it because its something that can happen.

Another thing that bugs me is the complain about a place lost due to contact, i lost 12 places because someone hitted me in the rear! Im much more concerned about the driving abilities from some drivers in our middle because in the past races i have seen several moves and incidents where im thinking by myself,... WTF where did he got is driving license.:D Anyway mayby i should make a vid with my overtakings, i only made overtakings with no contact whatsoever,... people can learn from that sometimes you need to adapt ur driving when driving close and sometimes you need to know when youre beaten.

this isnt moaning....dc happened to me last year in the last race when i was in a good place to win the champ i didnt asked for it to count before my dc or to reschedule the race. The thing is this happened due to a server problem wich made 2 drivers of the top 5 to disco + other 2 out of top 10. When i driver takes u out of the race he is responsible and gets a penalty, in this case was the FSR server problem, now tell who will pay for it? i just think would be fair to count results before the DC like it was a server failure, cause it was in some sort of way, besides FSR admnis changed something in server between WT race to WC cause from one race to another the live timing feature was unistalled.

Yes if it really was server issue results should be taken before mass dc
and yea okay Pedro just dont want to be known as that ******* who totally missed braking point and ran into your rear :redface:

Maybe it was some electronic tension that has made everybody disconnect. But in the end its bad to say lets count it before the disconnects. I dont like these "half-decisions". For me there is just 2 options 1. count it, as it is; 2. re-shedule, after last race. But I dont think #2 will happen anyway. I was crashed out by crazy drivers in 1st lap, thats the same stupid situation - its not your own fault.

this isnt moaning....dc happened to me last year in the last race when i was in a good place to win the champ i didnt asked for it to count before my dc or to reschedule the race. The thing is this happened due to a server problem wich made 2 drivers of the top 5 to disco + other 2 out of top 10. When i driver takes u out of the race he is responsible and gets a penalty, in this case was the FSR server problem, now tell who will pay for it? i just think would be fair to count results before the DC like it was a server failure, cause it was in some sort of way, besides FSR admnis changed something in server between WT race to WC cause from one race to another the live timing feature was unistalled.​
And like i explained we have had this problem before in the past, its something that can happen and results where kept as it was. You have youre vieuw on this and i have my own vieuw. If you say live timing was the problem then we should rerun all races where this live timing was used. O no at Turkey it didnt was a problem,... for you but for others ofcourse. And ofcourse it wasnt mass DC but some drivers that disconected doesn't matter result is the same. Now you are affected by this problem and hell brakes loose.

Im sorry but my opinion is that results should count, these are things that can happen and are part of racing. In racing you can sometimes retire due to problems that will be beyond youre control. Live with it like i do, sometimes it goes in favour sometimes against. Thats my opinion.:wink:

And about the moaning part, i hope you understand my first sentence in that post that you shouldnt take so serious escpecialy when im using a smily there.

in the fsr Rules there is rules for server failure but not for this specific reason, wich is kinda the same but not all did get a DC.

3.2 If AFTER an online race start the race fails for any reason the following rules will apply:
Less than 15% race distance completed = re-start.
Less than 50% race distance run = re-scheduled race.
Less than 75% race distance run = classified result with half points awarded (results taken
from the last completed lap).
75% or more = full points awarded

Anyway i saw a similar thing happeneing last year in ADV and a couple drivers with some laps to the end had to DNF cause of a server problem, back then they counted the positions before that problem wich is completely fair since the problem was cause by the server and not by the drivers. Last year they did that since its a similar thing they could do it again i beleive.

[/INDENT]
And like i explained we have had this problem before in the past, its something that can happen and results where kept as it was. You have youre vieuw on this and i have my own vieuw. If you say live timing was the problem then we should rerun all races where this live timing was used. O no at Turkey it didnt was a problem,... for you but for others ofcourse. And ofcourse it wasnt mass DC but some drivers that disconected doesn't matter result is the same. Now you are affected by this problem and hell brakes loose.

Im sorry but my opinion is that results should count, these are things that can happen and are part of racing. In racing you can sometimes retire due to problems that will be beyond youre control. Live with it like i do, sometimes it goes in favour sometimes against. Thats my opinion.:wink:

And about the moaning part, i hope you understand my first sentence in that post that you shouldnt take so serious escpecialy when im using a smily there.

Like i said to u, i had discos in the pass, i had pc freeze in the past and i did accept what happened. In one race this year Karol and Ronny had a DC at same time cause by a ISP problem, that is something beyond FSR and drivers, but this problem was cause by a problem in the league server, at least an explanation or so would be good, i dont want this to happen again to me or any other drivers inside FSR that is racing, its very unfair be it to me or anyone, if this did happen first time and its a unknown problem it can well happen again, and i dont see teams getting disco caused by a server problem and just dont say anything, alot of work goes into SimRacing, for some of you this is a hobby, well for many ppl here its much more than that including me, im not willing to test alot for a GP and 3 laps to the end of the race comes a disco by a problem in fsr server and my lead is ruined.

After monaco i spent alot of money on my connection and making it as stable as possible!!! Server gives me a disco!!!! I dont accept this as part of racing as its something out of your control to do with server!

I respect your view mark...i think results will stand anyways!!!

I want a rerun to, seeing my pace in the final 20 laps i think i make a good chance to beat the pmo guys.:eek:

Anyway back to real now, can you guys please quit moaning about this dc problem. Its like in real racing when you DNF due to a reason that you dont have in youre own hands. Its something that can happen and its part of racing, i have had DC in the past as well and accepted it because its something that can happen.

Another thing that bugs me is the complain about a place lost due to contact, i lost 12 places because someone hitted me in the rear! Im much more concerned about the driving abilities from some drivers in our middle because in the past races i have seen several moves and incidents where im thinking by myself,... WTF where did he got is driving license.:D Anyway mayby i should make a vid with my overtakings, i only made overtakings with no contact whatsoever,... people can learn from that sometimes you need to adapt ur driving when driving close and sometimes you need to know when youre beaten.
Mark im really sorry about that incident but I honestly didnt expect people to break so early, I dont normally make contact, You see the battles me and Ben have ;) 100% clean. Also the 12 places lost was that because you got stuck on the curb? As I only half spun you.. Soz about that again :)

Pedro, you know how i think about it and i know how you think about it, case closed for me atleast.:)

I know Martin you can drive clean, i know that from Turkey thats also why i didn't mentioned names and also didnt filled in a protest actualy because it was a bit half half situation. I think the only thing you could have done better is to anticipate on the situation, i have seen the replay and i think if you didnt placed the car half behind me you would have had room to avoid me and maby even overtake me there to. The reason i braked where i braked was because i was defending the inside to Ben so imo i had to brake a little bit earlier especialy as it was in the first laps to so with a heavy car as well.

Results should stand.Ive had bad luck before in closing laps but theres no need to cry about it.If you go back 6 laps how is anyone supposed to know you would suffer an engine failure in the last lap anyway.Should be forgotten,Ivan won end of.

Bottom line, no point in discussing this because whether the results should be kept or not is NOT our decision. I'm sure Stefan will ultimately make the best and most sensible decision possible, so we can only give him our support. As for the server issue, we aren't 100% sure that it was from FSR server-side (at least to my knowledge). There is no hard evidence to support that the server caused the disconnections, so at the moment it is only an assumption.

Would like too see your leading the race and getting disco 3 laps till end of the race and then ppl doing nothing about it, and that way of saying things in my point of view is just not professional :S
Hey, i had a disco 24 minutes before the race end, from 2nd, it was 4.8h race, i drove it alone. I didnt moan about it once.

Hey, i had a disco 24 minutes before the race end, from 2nd, it was 4.8h race, i drove it alone. I didnt moan about it once.

Weird that i made a post twice explaining, but its so difficult too see, i had disco in the past and didnt say a thing, cause i knew was a problem out of FSR.

Dennis Hirrle said:
http://91.121.163.6/StreamIV/StreamIV_20100620.wmv

Poorest race of the year unfortunately.
I think some drivers really need to be sorry about their level of driving.

FSR is sorry about the server issue, it happened for the first time this year and came totally for no reason.

By what dennis said was a FSR server problem so it would be good if they would do something about it since it was a server problem.
I made my point, i dont care if u got it or not. This is my last post about a FSR problem, from now on will be done by my Team Manager or the Team Owner. What all drivers and teamowners can do now its just pray it doesnt happen again it seems :S

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 251 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 124 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.8%