Race #6, Great Britain: Post-Race Discussion

When you can actually drive the track and the car, you gain most of your speed through balance. Then a few more tenths by tweaking certain settings.

Of course it`s rFactor, so some mods do have wacky settings, dunno about FSR...

@Bahrain​
I had been disappointed in my abilities till I found the setup of Mikko which provided me a great chance and then i was able to do a 29.7 .​
@Canada​
I was expecting a high 14 or a low 15 time for Q2.​
@Silverstone​
Too bad, because looking at the pace of the guys it could have been an easy win for me, even starting from P26.​
I hope that i will be luckier in the upcoming races and i can show my real pace!​

So according to this your best time in Bahrain was the same as Bono's and you could have done a better time in Q2 in Canada than the pole in WC.

OMG. You are going to win the WC title next year. lol

Hey guys. I have known Bodnar since about March this year. I've read many almost indciferable emails from him, and this is the best I've seen him write anything in English so I think he tried really hard to write it. As a rookie in a new series he deserves a fair bit of leeway, and allthough I agree with many of you that he is wrong about setup being 80%, as any rookie will tell you setups and strategy are challenging in FSR. You can have a setup be very fast but unstable and vice versa. But he did have a few experiences where a bad setup he tried in qualifying produced a bad result. Something about it may have shaken his confidence and I think confidence is often they key to good results. All rookies go through bad experiences with setups and strategy this and learn from it. When you have a good stable setup that is also fast your confidence goes up and you get into a zone and produce consistant fast pace. That is really the crux of the problem rookies have, confidence in your setup, so you can just focus on driving. I know Bodnar is a very fast driver and he should give himself more credit for his pace. You won't be laughing when you see him on the podium.

Hey guys. I have known Bodnar since about March this year. I've read many almost indciferable emails from him, and this is the best I've seen him write anything in English so I think he tried really hard to write it. As a rookie in a new series he deserves a fair bit of leeway, and allthough I agree with many of you that he is wrong about setup being 80%, as any rookie will tell you setups and strategy are challenging in FSR. You can have a setup be very fast but unstable and vice versa. But he did have a few experiences where a bad setup he tried in qualifying produced a bad result. Something about it may have shaken his confidence and I think confidence is often they key to good results. All rookies go through bad experiences with setups and strategy this and learn from it. When you have a good stable setup that is also fast your confidence goes up and you get into a zone and produce consistant fast pace. That is really the crux of the problem rookies have, confidence in your setup, so you can just focus on driving. I know Bodnar is a very fast driver and he should give himself more credit for his pace. You won't be laughing when you see him on the podium.

He had a good translator now.. ;)
Few parts of the text were funny to me, but since he asked me to translate this for him, I didn't say anything to him regarding the text, although i didn't really agree with most of the stuff he had written in there.
I've been talking to him for quite a long time now and he has no problems with his confidence, you could clearly see that throughout the "novel" he had written.

A guy who claims to be faster than the WC field and who says that he could win a WT race from the back of the field easily doesn't lack confidence imo. He has maybe too much of it...

A guy who claims to be faster than the WC field and who says that he could win a WT race from the back of the field easily doesn't lack confidence imo. He has maybe too much of it...

I agree, perhaps too much of a confident driver. In the last WT race I saw him climb up to about 6th place on lap 9 then settle into 8 before the halfway point on pace, which is impressive. My point is his belief about setup being 80% must be eroding that confidence somehow. Regarding being too confident, I think alot of drivers are this way, its only natural:
http://jalopnik.com/5958178/pretending-to-be-jimmie-johnson-is-how-you-win-races

3266953.jpg

So Barnabas why not head over to WC to stop this pointless discussion? If you really have the pace for WC, you should demonstrate it in WC instead of WT.

please can FSR do a fixed setup league, for people like me that dont want to waste their lives doing 100's laps of practice and just want to jump in and race, and know that im being beaten through gaming skill and nothing else.
thanks.

please can FSR do a fixed setup league, for people like me that dont want to waste their lives doing 100's laps of practice and just want to jump in and race, and know that im being beaten through gaming skill and nothing else.
thanks.
If you want a fixed setups league, find one. It ain't happening here. :p

thanks.

This topic has been discussed a little bit in the past weeks between FSR admin, we will see next year but from my point of view it is something that would be good for WT.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 257 13.4%