AC Race #5 Fat-Alfies Championship 2021@Fonteny, Wednesday 15th December 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I sort of knew the outcome, I am in my s**t period. ( i hope it buggers off soon ) :(
I was not wrong, hit the same solid structure twice in consecutive laps, that's not to mention the other 4 off's.
Oh well, I had great fun, and that's all that matters.:O_o:
I would have liked to have chased Richard for some more laps, alas it was not meant to be.
Looking at his pace that is all it would have been anyway.:unsure:
But a really big well done to Richard, especially as he was in my class and to Lars on his Mazda win including an overall win.:thumbsup:
Great Championship it was too, well done @HF2000 Han for all your efforts.

Percyaviator.jpg

Thanks all of you for competing in this championship. As big fan of @Fat-Alfie 's tracks I really enjoyed every minute of it.
The final standings:
Audi TT: 1 Richard Barratt 2 Ernie Wright 3 Neil Conway
Mazda MX5: 1 Lars-Thomas Nordby 2 Allan Ramsbottom 3 Han Fazzi

Congratutations to the winners!

I would like to do this championship again in 2022. This year I waited to organize until David released the Bremgarten track. Now he has almost completed the Battenbergring. I have the privilege of trying out this new vintage circuit and it went straight to the top of my favorite tracks. Therefore, I would very much like to include the Battenbergring in the 2022 Championship. We will see if this is possible.

So stay tuned to the RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa Racing Club forum for announcements about the @Fat-Alfie Championship 2022!

First I really enjoyed this event, shame I didn't have a bit better pace to be more of a challenge so spent most of the race on my own, which absolutely doesn't matter when it is on one of Fat Alfie's works of art like Fonteny.
I have no idea what happened but about 5 mins from the hour end of the race (not the proper full ending that is) my connection got lost. Anyone any idea what I could look for to get an idea of what happened? So thanks for letting me take part @HF2000 and I will def want to do a future championship using FA;s tracks, or any one off events too. I already have Battenbergring, I particularly like racing the Lotus 49 around there.

First I really enjoyed this event, shame I didn't have a bit better pace to be more of a challenge so spent most of the race on my own, which absolutely doesn't matter when it is on one of Fat Alfie's works of art like Fonteny.
I have no idea what happened but about 5 mins from the hour end of the race (not the proper full ending that is) my connection got lost. Anyone any idea what I could look for to get an idea of what happened? So thanks for letting me take part @HF2000 and I will def want to do a future championship using FA;s tracks, or any one off events too. I already have Battenbergring, I particularly like racing the Lotus 49 around there.
Hi Neal,

Sorry your connection got lost but nice to hear that you're staying with us.
So you have experience with the Lotus 49! Do you know a car from the same era that has similar performance?

After your pit stop I started to get closer and after two laps (I was about 4 secs behind) you just stoped off track and disconnected.

That could be my only battle of the evening, after a hit from someone else which took me off track after start on T2. :(

At least it’s great fun to drive in that track with the MX5. :)

After your pit stop I started to get closer and after two laps (I was about 4 secs behind) you just stoped off track and disconnected.

That could be my only battle of the evening, after a hit from someone else which took me off track after start on T2. :(

At least it’s great fun to drive in that track with the MX5. :)
From my view I got around 2/3rds of the lap and got a server disconnection message. I continued as I wanted to finish the lap for the time, but all the other drivers disappeared too. Yeh I noticed you were slowly catching me up, maybe next time then. :thumbsup:

Hi Neal,

So you have experience with the Lotus 49! Do you know a car from the same era that has similar performance?
I don't off hand, no sorry. But there is a mod (Grand Prix Legends) GPL that is used by another race group I know of for some years. I need to get on my game box and see if I can find a link or source. With regards the Lotus 49, I simply fell totally in love with it very early in my sim racing days and have been besotted ever since. :inlove: Then when Fat Alfie's tracks came along, then it was like every night is a honeymoon.

Hi Neal,

The Ferrari 312/67 is the nearest Kunos F1 race car, same year, similar power and performance etc. Although in real life the Lotus was probably the better car, especially in the hands of Jim Clark.

But aren't we racing the Lotus 72D?

The Ferrari 312/67 is the nearest Kunos F1 race car, same year, similar power and performance etc. Although in real life the Lotus was probably the better car, especially in the hands of Jim Clark.

But aren't we racing the Lotus 72D?
Hi Taj,

Thanks! And it's for a future event, not the one for coming Thursday (which will be a blast with a filled grid). I had a lot of fun testing it for the event.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back