AC Race #5 Championship Abarth/Mazda@Battenbergring, Wed 30th November 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
You are going to be difficult to beat here, my old racing buddy, could get nowhere near your time.:(

I am also hoping that this will put a spanner in the works.:O_o:

44A2BCE4-9D79-4C7F-8A95-B9FDD9E9FA02.jpeg

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

You are going to be difficult to beat here, my old racing buddy, could get nowhere near your time.:(

I am also hoping that this will put a spanner in the works.:O_o:

View attachment 620465

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Meh, practice is easy my friend, as always! - no way I'd dare to go near that in a race (if it's the time I think you're referring to lol). 60mins race is something else, at this track my aim is to survive... nightmares of the hay bales, lamp posts, mile markers, and those amazing telephone junction boxes - I swear they move, obviously Chinese tech :laugh:

One mad thing about the Abarth, I've always found it faster on a full tank than empty, I'm doing it wrong :unsure: :roflmao:

Last edited:
I think the shopping trolley is going to have a harder time with the hairdresser specials tonight. We only have to lift off for the three sharp turns and slow a little through the village. Us rotters gonna be gone with the wind and if you try to come past us on the straights we gonna just push you off the road ;)

Aaaaaah, lost connection with my VR headset early in the race. So bad i had to reset it from scratch. I was flat out on the straight when it happened. Probably cost me around 30 seconds all told and found myself in last place. Hope i didn't take anyone out with me. Good battle with Doug and then Han at the end of the race. Took one risk to many trying to stay with him and lost it on the first bend. Loads of fun though guys. Thank you Han, as always.

at the start my expectation was not too high knowing the number of laps in 1h . my only chance to fight for p1 was to not get caught on an incident , not this time Callum* unfortunatly hit 1 of the tactical wooden box on tricky corners made by Fat-alfie and i was right behind him so the outcome was not the best did a 360 noscope and lost 2 pos and 'my precius seconds'(as Gollum cousin said).anyway probably the best Fat-alfie track specially for the flow on the village a bit naughty on the wooden boxes position :p. Congratz for the win to John ur driving was formidable and Mika for the podium . ty Han as always for this amazing event . Abarth capable of 4.34 was shocking to see against the moskitos

Last edited:
I was pleased to squeeze past the first incident only to cause the second one in the village following Callum. Frustrating as I had negotiated the village well in practice.

Apologies to everyone that I compromised with my mistake.

A total of three other incidents minor and major cost me time but I had a good fight after my pitstop with Steve after he spun, I think, but I wasn't quite fast enough to hold on to him.

Last third was a battle with Kimi. He was faster but kept making errors and letting me past. I got a small buffer going into the final lap but Kimi powered past on the final uphill section and held it to the line.

Good racing and thanks, Han, for organising.

Last edited:
Happy with my place in this event, made some changes to the car before the race, not a good idea, “but all’s well that end’s well”.:)
What a difficult circuit , for me anyway, was almost about to have an accident for most of the race, one bouncy bouncy It’s not going to stop bouncing :confused: then I took a trip in the woods, sorry to anyone effected, I was just a passenger, gov.:confused:
Special well done to John, especially for keeping Fulvio at bay.:) And a well done to the podiums too.

098FBC20-F266-48B2-8814-CFD0711D04F6.jpeg

Pretty place, hectic race. Practice went well, qualy was decent with a PB and race was eventful... but fun. ;)

Got off to a good start getting one place at the first bend but I couldn't avoid the first couple of incidents on the 1st lap and ended at the rear of the train... I managed to keep all four on the black stuff and had a few clean laps, gaining places thanks to other people's spins and collisions with the strategically placed lamp posts, mile stones, fences and boxes... Mr. Pemberton really took his sweet time choosing where to put some of these, haha! :laugh:

And I know this because after a good first stint I made close acquaintance with some of these environmental items, especially deadly at the village. So I had a few blunders of my own but managed to get back into a rhythm after getting my pitstop out of the way with still 40 min. to go. Half way the race I had a really fun scrap with Gary, I managed to pass a few times but kept making silly offroads where he passed me back again... I think we played that game for about... 10 laps? At some point I managed to make it stick and he had a spin :( After that a gap opened and I managed to catch up with Andre after his pitstop and a few quick laps (including a 40 dead). We had a great scrap on the last few laps, going side-by-side through part of the esses uphill and other bends... we touched at some point (sorry man) and did coordinated pirouettes but still managed to keep our places and finished behind each other... that was a lot of fun man! :thumbsup:

So congrats to the winners and podiums... and thanks to Han for organising. Hopefully we'll have a full grid on the next couple of races, with a couple of rookies from yesterday. That would be fun! :coffee: See you next time chaps!

Last edited:
Thanks Han for running tonight's race, and congrats to class podium chaps, with a super-tough combo:thumbsup:

@eN1xes Fulvio's lap times were fantastic, saw them come up and had a "WTF!" moment:laugh: After seeing that I just aimed for consistency, not too brave in the village, and to keep it together.

Tiring race, huge thanks to Abarth for providing post-race therapy:inlove:
Abarth nurse.jpg

For those that want them, results here: https://simresults.net/221130-s4H

Attachments

• 1669849546507.png
    1669849546507.png
    291.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Got caught up in some rush hour traffic early on, but after that it was semi smooth sailing. Only spun out for the villagers once :laugh: Had some good turns with a few different drivers (2 wide through the first hairpin with Andre with no bumping :thumbsup:) all while trying to keep those pesky arbaths behind me :confused: With Han chasing me at the end, I think we both finally managed to just dip in the '39s. Thanks for the motivation Han :sneaky::D Good pace

I like all the tracks we've raced in this championship, but I really enjoyed this one a lot. Not as easy to pass as other places, but not as many straights to punish you if you get a turn wrong and plenty of curves to gain some time back :thumbsup:

Congrats podiums and everyone else who survived. Makes it a lot of fun to have so many participating

Another great race in this championship. We will definitely do it again next year, hopefully including Solitude.

My qually was good and the start wasn't bad. But on lap 1 I was so unlucky that on 3 occasions a car got into an accident and I couldn't avoid them. So I was completely last because the third accident was in the village and my car was going in the wrong direction. Oh well, forget a good result and let's have fun catching up and overtaking slower cars.

That went pretty well and I had some nice fights along the way. In the end I finished 9th which was only 1 place lower than qualifying. And apart from John, I had the best consistency:thumbsup:!

This track is so great that regardless of the result it's fun to drive here, especially with such a group of nice guys.

Congratulations on the podiums and thank you all for racing. The grand finale at Fonteny (25 km) in two weeks. If you don't know the track, start practicing in time.

Hope to see you all next week in the Cathedral of Speed. We will also welcome three new guys from the Rookie event.

Last edited:
What a race! Something about this track just seems to suit me very well. P2 in quali as the fastest Mazda, I never imagined I could beat Allan :cool:.
Then a very lucky start in the race, when Allan dropped outside top 10 on the first lap. On the other hand, it would probably have been a great battle with him.

My luck continued when I had my only incident. I went a bit too close to pit entrance and hit the curb between the pits and the track, and crashed into pits. I then decided that it's obviously time to pit, so I reversed a couple of meters and made my pit stop :D
That incident cost me only 10 seconds, which meant that after others had pitted I was back at the first place among Mazdas, and had hard time believing that...

On the last lap I had bit of a scare when Omar had decided to visit the local pub, and had parked his car on the road - I crashed straight into him, but lost only 5-6 seconds and kept my place.

Third overall and first of Mazdas at the finish line, needless to say I was very happy. I've done around 420 races, and this was only the third time I've got winning points in a championship race.

Also thanks to Ernie, I don't know why you didn't overtake me on the last straight but thanks anyway :thumbsup:
And of course thanks to Han for organizing, and every driver for making these races so enjoyable.

Btw, did someone say that the overtime ran out before they finished?

Last edited:
@Mikke73
HaHa , just to let you know? I was not going to catch you, that I knew, but you had some bad luck with a back marker, that I assumed was not your fault.
So as I was in a section where the Abarth is very quick, I knew I was going to get a very good chance of an overtake.
Unfortunately I had time to consider it, and as I went passed got a bout of conscience, so I just had to lift and return you to your rightful position.

Yes , my bottom lip bled as I bit into it.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back