Race #5 Canada: Pre-Race Briefing

Welcome to the Fifth Round of the 2015 Formula SimRacing Season Pro Series.
The password to join the server will be visible when you log in to GPCOS in the Control Center next to the server's IP address.

Canada, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Length:
4.361 km (2.71 mi)
Turns: 13
Race Laps: 42
Est Fuel Usage per lap: 3.1L
Est Race Fuel: 132L
Est pit stop: 14 seconds
Tyre Compounds: Super Soft & Soft

Before proceeding to the event, pay attention to the following:
  • Read the updated rules package for 2015 here.
  • Check Cutting/Extending Exceptions here.
  • rFMod Download (TBA)
  • Race protests click here
For those drivers that wish to start in the pitlane. They must wait for the race director to tell them they can start the race and not go at the green pitlane light otherwise will be given a drive through penalty.

Allocations:
Top 10 have automatically gained the right to race and do not have to prequalify:
1. Jeroen Kweekel
NED.gif
200 0
2. Sander Kallas
EST.gif
122 0
3. Christof Schgör
ITA.gif
96 0
4. Nikodem Wisniewski
POL.gif
80 0
5. Christian Befumo
ITA.gif
64 0
6. Michele D Alessandro
ITA.gif
58 0
7. Alari Algpeus
EST.gif
48 0
9. Jacques Wengler
GER.gif
42 0
10. Andrea Cannatà
ITA.gif
38 0
The Following drivers may procede to the race
The following drivers will not be able to race

Penalties: Back of the Grid
Christof Schgör - Late allocation
Nikodem Wisniewski - Late allocation

Schedule for Sunday 31st May

13:00 GMT, Server Opens for PQ
13:05 GMT, Pre-Qualifying
13:20 GMT, Practice
13:35 GMT, Qualifying 1
13:45 GMT, Qualifying 2
13:50 GMT, Warmup
14:00 GMT, Race Start

The Free Practice session will be 10 minutes in length and will be run in the "Practice 1" session. Every participating driver should join as soon as possible after the server opens to make sure that they don't miss the start of Qualifying and also to make sure that their game is configured & working properly.

The Qualifying 1 session will be 10 minutes in length and will be run in the "Practice 2" session. Drivers can use what ever setup they want, as long as they only drive with qualifying fuel loads.

The Qualifying 2 session will be 5 minutes in length. Only the top 10 drivers from Qualifying 1 will be allowed to go out on track. Drivers will be allowed to do one flying lap (one outlap, hotlap and inlap). The drivers will all be on track at the same time eg not private. Parc Ferme will be enforced. You will only be allowed to change your fuel load, engine boost, engine brakemap, front wing angle, steering lock, brake balance and brake pressure after the session is over, so make sure you have your race setup loaded when entering Qualifying 2. The session will be closed, meaning if you happen to join late, or for some reason drop out of the server during the session, you will not be able to rejoin the server until the server has moved to Warmup.

The Warmup session will be 10 minutes in length. While in the garage, make sure you add the appropriate amount of fuel in to your car since refuelling is not allowed during the race. You can drive freely in the Warmup session to try to get a feel for the heavier car after qualifying on low fuel.

The Race will be 42 laps long. Drive carefully during the race, especially at the start and first lap in general.

Red Flags will NOT be used unless in very specific situations which are specified in the rule documents.

Last edited:
Just a general query regarding pre-quali, should we need to do it: Last race we started doing it, and at the start we were splitted up into 2 groups.

Will it be like that again this time, and does it not disadvantage the first group, since there will be more realroad for the second group?

Just a general query regarding pre-quali, should we need to do it: Last race we started doing it, and at the start we were splitted up into 2 groups.

Will it be like that again this time, and does it not disadvantage the first group, since there will be more realroad for the second group?

I was unaware this was how it was set out before. This should be changed to just 1 10min session for all drivers in future, I hope :).

Anyway I have added some extra information regarding the track.

I was unaware this was how it was set out before. This should be changed to just 1 10min session for all drivers in future, I hope :).

Anyway I have added some extra information regarding the track.
Mike,
I have a feeling that this stemmed from China where there were more divers than needed to be in Pre Q, (not all top 10 were aware it was not required). So it was a very crowded.
Next time out it was tried with the 2 groups each with a shorter period.
Its a management call I guess. Personally I would rather 10 cars on track and less time, IMO the slight advantage of improving RR shouldnt make or break an attempt to qualify for the race proper. Its not for a grid position after all.
I'm sure we can live with either.
edit (written B4 the above notice BTW)

Mike,
I have a feeling that this stemmed from China where there were more divers than needed to be in Pre Q, (not all top 10 were aware it was not required). So it was a very crowded.
Next time out it was tried with the 2 groups each with a shorter period.
Its a management call I guess. Personally I would rather 10 cars on track and less time, IMO the slight advantage of improving RR shouldnt make or break an attempt to qualify for the race proper. Its not for a grid position after all.
I'm sure we can live with either.
edit (written B4 the above notice BTW)

The session should be private anyway so you will not see any other cars on track, however its a matter of pit garages being available which is 30 for Canada. That is also why I do not want any other drivers entering the pre-q session as it could mess it up.

Yeah but Bog it's really harsh penalty for allocation things. Noone have that penalty yet so maybe warning points or something will be better? Maybe +5 on the grid or +1s for q time. Bog in Canada with 26 cars it's like race over for me, and all because I didn't get allocation :( What do you think?

Yeah but Bog it's really harsh penalty for allocation things. Noone have that penalty yet so maybe warning points or something will be better? Bog in Canada with 26 cars it's like race over for me, and all because I didn't get allocation :( What do you think?

Its super harsh I know but they are the rules I have to follow. Plus its not completely over, Michael started with bog and finished 8th in ace.

In future ask a friend to allocate for you or to send me a message about it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 316 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.2%