AC Race #4 Fat-Alfie's Championship@Feldbergring, Wednesday 10th November 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That was fun. I've missed these due to work but finally got some points on the board. Han and Allan you were in a different league to me so with a big gap behind it was fairly lonely. I didn't get much practise in here and there were several exits onto long straights that I couldn't consistently get right, its a long way back round for another try.

Congratulations to Erik and Allan on the wins. Outrageous lap times from the usual guys, impressive stuff as always where do you find those seconds!

Han thank you for organising.

I,ve said this once before,and im saying it again, @HF2000 has orginised the BEST championship,races, ive ever entered in and ive been in RD now over 8yrs...This is my favourite track of all time i just love it....From the off it was (Murray Walker talk) GO GO GO..I got caught up on lap 1,and with seeing Han going past i knew i had my work cut out,and boy did i..My car set-up i have based on 20-25 litres of fuel, i find i get the best feel, so having a full tank i have to work a bit harder at it..Han was just doing enough at the front but as my fuel was burning up,the car came into itself a so i started to push that bit harder,re-took and tried to keep the lead....But i could,nt really shake him and at the pits,he passed my like a piece of snapped elastic :laugh::laugh:..So with only 9litres of fuel in i overtook him in the pits :p:p..Still pretty intense, but on last lap i was nearly 3 secs in front,think Hans stamina was flailing :cautious::sneaky::D,and i could,nt wait for the chequered flag... @Fiberoptix shame you did,nt have much praccy, otherwise you would surely be up there in the mix,which would have been on another level again...
Now....For the BIG ONE!!!..
Never raced it,never seen it so i have my work cut out,over 22km :sneaky::sneaky::D this is the big test,and yes i cant wait... So till then see you on track, stay safe...........

Last edited:
I,ve said this once before,and im saying it again, @HF2000 has orginised the BEST championship,races, ive ever entered in and ive been in RD now over 8yrs...This is my favourite track of all time i just love it....From the off it was (Murray Walker talk) GO GO GO..I got caught up on lap 1,and with seeing Han going past i knew i had my work cut out,and boy did i..My car set-up i have based on 20-25 litres of fuel, i find i get the best feel, so having a full tank i have to work a bit harder at it..Han was just doing enough at the front but as my fuel was burning up,the car came into itself a so i started to push that bit harder,overtook and tried to keep the lead....But i could,nt really shake him and at the pits,he passed my like a piece of snapped elastic :laugh::laugh:..So with only 9litres of fuel in i overtook him in the pits :p:p..Still pretty intense, but on last lap i was nearly 3 secs in front,think Hans stamina was flailing :cautious::sneaky::D,and i could,nt wait for the chequered flag... @Fiberoptix shame you did,nt have much praccy, otherwise you would surely be up there in the mix,which would have been on another level again...
Now....For the BIG ONE!!!..
Never raced it,never seen it so i have my work cut out,over 22km :sneaky::sneaky::D this is the big test,and yes i cant wait... So till then see you on track, stay safe...........
Thanks Allan,

I really appreciate your compliment!
It motivates me to continue in 2022 with organizing and hosting of these events/championships!

Well, that was a shocker, pick the wrong one, 50/50 and I get it wrong.
Did three laps anticlockwise, never came off.
Just did it clockwise massively slower and came off 5 times in my first lap, the second lap was still 30 seconds off my anti-clockwise pace, strange. :confused:

Well, that was a shocker, pick the wrong one, 50/50 and I get it wrong.
Did three laps anticlockwise, never came off.
Just did it clockwise massively slower and came off 5 times in my first lap, the second lap was still 30 seconds off my anti-clockwise pace, strange. :confused:
Relax Ernie. you have still 34 days to get it (w)right!

No, anti-clockwise has a flow to it, clockwise is just staccato, broken, no flow., there is a big difference.
Someone try both and tell me I am not bonker, maybe I have gone bonkers.

BE177688-2FCC-44FF-9E34-BB018D98AE93.jpeg

No, anti-clockwise has a flow to it, clockwise is just staccato, broken, no flow., there is a big difference.

View attachment 516785
Well, I only tried the reverse lay out some time ago in the secret fun event with SUV's that I organized. I do know the normal lay out very well but reverse it was like a totally new track for me. I don't know about the flow, with the SUV's driving on a track for the first time I went off several times per lap.

But it might be a nice idea for a new championship to start with Fonteny clockwise and as a last event Fonteny in reverse.

I think Allan just had a great idea for a future event: Reverse Racing! :laugh:
We can try it at Brands Hatch Indy, small enough!

I think Allan just had a great idea for a future event: Reverse Racing! :laugh:
We can try it at Brands Hatch Indy, small enough!
Great idea! Is there a mod for a DAF of the sixties/seventies?

For those who doesn't know this: the Dutch build DAF had the first continuous variable transmission, based on a principle of pullies and belts. That solution made it possible to drive in reverse as fast as going forward.

Last edited:
Wish I'd known about this when it started. My own dream is for a Fat Alfie championship but using the Caterham 420R. or my beloved Lotus 49 When is the next one planned for? is it possible to join mid-championship (i.e. can I join the Fonteny race)?

Last edited:

View attachment 516785
I find it is the complete opposite at Fonteny. Clockwise (normal direction) has a gorgeous flow to it (I'm talking vintage cars, here), but the reverse layout is just horrid. It might be because I have just over 7000 km driving round the normal version, but only 600 km round the reverse one, the reverse just feels wrong to me still.

I only added it at the request of a vintage racing group I sometimes chat to, but I really don't consider it a 'real' layout.

Wish I'd known about this when it started. My own dream is for a Fat Alfie championship but using the Caterham 420R. or my beloved Lotus 49 When is the next one planned for? is it possible to join mid-championship (i.e. can I join the Fonteny race)?
Hi Nepal??

I'm currently trying out vintage cars for a new championship, probably with other vintage tracks besides the @Fat-Alfie tracks.
The first championship (max 24 spots) was quite succesful so for the next I want tracks with at least 30 pitstop places.
The next try out is coming Tuesday: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...chlandring-tuesday-16th-november-2021.210702/

But all of my events and championships are premium members only. That way I can make sure we only have respectful drivers as we using 10% damage.
The current championship with Fonteny as the last event, is full but otherwise you could have joined.

I would love to have you for my events and championships but first you have to get premium (15 euro/year). There's a lot of information in the link above like how to get premium and our rules (like registering your real name in your account).

If you have premium, you can sign up through the S.GP site which you can find also in the link above.

Hope to see you on track!

Hey Han, i was too slow off the mark with this series and it filled up fast. I know its full but i would be in your debt if you could add me to the reserve list if anyone pulls out. fontenay is a stunning circuit and i would love the chance to try not to come last on it

Hey Han, i was too slow off the mark with this series and it filled up fast. I know its full but i would be in your debt if you could add me to the reserve list if anyone pulls out. fontenay is a stunning circuit and i would love the chance to try not to come last on it
Yes when using Championship the grid fills up pretty fast. For single events guys sometimes are waiting to sign up until the last moment for some reason but with a championship they're quick to get a spot.

I will see what I can do but I also advice you to click a couple of times a week at the 'AC EVENTS SIMRACING.GP' button on the left. Brian and I will announce all of our events and championships there.

Hey Steve, in case you didn't notice: I have an event planned for Tuesday on @Fat-Alfie 's Deutschlandring. I would like to have as many drivers possible so if you like....

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%